Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yeah, nowadays everyone is loving with their phones and tablets so it's not a big deal. Sure, I mean if you are Switching at full volume that could be annoying, but the same could be said for someone doing whatever on their smart phone.

IMO if you are in public playing Switch you'll be instantly thought of as cool, so I'd do it every chance I got.

only if you're playing the ball feel minigame though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wendell posted:

But seriously, why would this thread close tonight? Alfalfa's drunk at the wheel, can we really trust him with this responsibility??

He'll stake his avatar on it, so yes, we can

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If this thread hits 1000 pages today which it totally will probate for a week everybody with more than one page of posting
Let us post once more after on average we possess our switches

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

bob's game came out before the switch

wait did it actually come out lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I am super looking forward to playing my Switch on a plane and making everyone around me mad jealous

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tender Bender posted:

I am super looking forward to playing my Switch on a plane and making everyone around me mad jealous

:same:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Alright, the people have spoken. I'll see you all in a week's time

Wendell
May 11, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

He'll stake his avatar on it, so yes, we can

Those are high stakes. I am reassured.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yay, I'm playing PilotWings on a plane, rather than caring about the fact that I'm in an actual plane, which is way more amazing than video game plane flying, and

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you really do want to show off and evangelize for a new handheld I'm sure it's fun as gently caress but I wanted to make 1.5 hours disappear in a haze of Wipeout and it sucked getting interrupted and creeped on by random dudes instead of being able to do that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you really do want to show off and evangelize for a new handheld I'm sure it's fun as gently caress but I wanted to make 1.5 hours disappear in a haze of Wipeout and it sucked getting interrupted and creeped on by random dudes instead of being able to do that.

Should have played Neptunia

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I also bought darkstalkers and wanted to die because the dpad on the psp was dogshit.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
my preorder remains preordered and i have a solution to the desync problem. use the controller cable extension or sit closer to the tv like you did when you were a kid

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

If this thread hits 1000 pages today which it totally will probate for a week everybody with more than one page of posting
Let us post once more after on average we possess our switches

No dont

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Alright, the people have spoken. I'll see you all in a week's time

What people were you listening to?

Having a week without a thread is dumb. Please don't make the eShop thread unreadable for a week.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tender Bender posted:

I have a 3 hour flight on the 13th. I realized last week I get to switch on the flight. Gonna test that battery life.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Switch completely paid off :toot:

Swapped out the extra set of joycons for a pro controller

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I got another package today and for a brief moment I thought it was the wrong friday and happy times were ahead. It was something much more mundane and there is still a week to go :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I got another package today and for a brief moment I thought it was the wrong friday and happy times were ahead. It was something much more mundane and there is still a week to go :(

I can make the next week go by super quick for you but you'll need to provide your own drugs

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fast RMX is going to be 20 bucks. So time to decide if you want to pay 20 bucks or spend another 15 for Redout.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

RMX has couch multiplayer, Readout doesn't. Geez.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Breaking news: according to giant bomb switch games taste bad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is this system going to be good? This is not an ironic post I really haven't been following the previews.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They also had trouble recreating the joycon sync thing. Drew left the room and it was still mostly fine.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is this system going to be good? This is not an ironic post I really haven't been following the previews.

Maybe?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Lmao. The Ai seems pretty fun.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It won't be a huge hit like the Wii, will probably sell considerably better than the Wii U. It'll surely be as good as the Wii U (a Pretty Decent Console) plus the portable aspect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We wont know for months after launch what major elements of the systems user experience will be like cause its launching half baked. If you dont need a zelda player next week wait

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Previewers seem to love the hardware and Zelda, but they can't comment on anything else because anything online-related is coming in a day-1 patch or later (like virtual console).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cojawfee posted:

Fast RMX is going to be 20 bucks. So time to decide if you want to pay 20 bucks or spend another 15 for Redout.

I figured for the last few weeks the system launch would be fun because of Zelda but pretty sparse on titles and I'd maybe get The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on the eShop to add a bit of variety. Now after looking it up I've found out The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is delayed for a few weeks, but am considering Snipperclips after actually watching some videos of it since so many people were talking about it in various places along with Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Fast RMX, I Am Setsuna, which I'd never even heard of till I found a more complete launch day listing and World of Goo. Which is far more titles and a good bit more variety of play than I was expecting, or budgeting for really. It's nice. I think it's weird that the launch lineup is still rather shaky in terms of title confirmation only a week out when including eShop titles, but I hope the presentation on...Tuesday (is it Tuesday?) solidifies things a bit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
oh Nintendo, will they ever get online stuff right?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Zelda is the only thing keeping this console launch from being a disaster

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i can't wait to whip my switch out on the public transit system in the large metropolitan city i live in, get followed to my stop, then get beaten to death as my sweet sweet nintendo console is taken away from me

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

koolkal posted:

Zelda is the only thing keeping this console launch from being a disaster

Snipperclips, bitch.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

murked by dragon posted:

i can't wait to whip my switch out on the public transit system in the large metropolitan city i live in, get followed to my stop, then get beaten to death as my sweet sweet nintendo console is taken away from me

At least you will have loved and lost than to have never loved at all....

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Im glad im not paying Nintendo to beta test their junk. Maybe in 2-3 years a good revision will come out when there are a decent amount of games (like the 3DS) or maybe it will just stay bad like the Wii U. Why dont the little controllers have a d-pad?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

African AIDS cum posted:

Im glad im not paying Nintendo to beta test their junk. Maybe in 2-3 years a good revision will come out when there are a decent amount of games (like the 3DS) or maybe it will just stay bad like the Wii U. Why dont the little controllers have a d-pad?

Because they've got analog sticks instead.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

To be used as stand alone controllers a lot more than playing retro games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

There's a day 1 system update that is supposed to fix the problems that people have to try hard to reproduce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

African AIDS cum posted:

Actually, the Wii U was the beta test for the Switch Revision you noob.

• Locked thread