Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WindyMan posted:

Lasagna Cat has updated, and…

Wow.

Twelve new strips/videos, a FOUR HOUR collection of their sexual partners survey, and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

This is just insane.
The amount of effort they put into small details in that video is loving insane too (plus the ending is :catstare:)

And one of the new strip videos is also an hour long. Never did I think they could top Exciting Man-Robot Delivers Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

The one thing that I actually like about Retail and find moderately insightful is that the main cast only sticks around because they're effectively trapped in the job.

If they hate their jobs so much, they should just quit! :smuggo:

Endless Mike posted:

Wow, Luann totally just went from "WELP LES BOUGHT US ALL DINNER HURRAY!!" to "HEY LES IS COMING OVER FOR DINNER" with nothing in between.

Les Who's Coming to Dinner

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

bean_shadow posted:

Les Who's Coming to Dinner
I hope the next bit after this dinner is also immediately Les going to dinner somewhere.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zereth posted:

I hope the next bit after this dinner is also immediately Les going to dinner somewhere.

Just Les going to endless dinners with people who hate him forever,

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Getting fatter and fatter every week until it turns out the Rose Is Rose guy has been writing Luann for months.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 28, 1994)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 28, 1984)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tiggum posted:

There doesn't seem to be one. There's an official Facebook fan page linked from GoComics, but I have no idea who runs it. Probably someone at GoComics rather than Greg or Karen.

On the other hand, there is a fake Luann Twitter account, and it is wonderful.

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/806158316510527488

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/828616080352501760

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/834776008507154432

These should be posted every time that horrible comic is.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

WindyMan posted:

Lasagna Cat has updated, and…

Wow.

Twelve new strips/videos, a FOUR HOUR collection of their sexual partners survey, and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

This is just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lazycat619
https://www.youtube.com/user/darthmauldog1125/

Last night those had 4 and 2 subscribers respectively.
There's so much to this.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 25-27, 1929)

Peanuts (February 25-27, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 16-17, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 11-13, 1930)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

These should be posted every time that horrible comic is.

I wish this account were updated more often.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (December 25-27, 1929)

Peanuts (February 25-27, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 16-17, 1930)

Thimble Theater (September 11-13, 1930)

holy poo poo, classic popeye is some HP Lovecraftian poo poo, who knew?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Why is the cop writing Funky a ticket sitting in the car with him?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why is the cop writing Funky a ticket sitting in the car with him?

I think that's supposed to be his driving test observer, but the uniform is very cop-like. Are there states that actually have cops do that?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Let's get caught up with everyone's favorite Baldo

I'm beginning to see Baldo as kind of a "Horseshoe Theory" version of Dustin. I started reading it because it was nice to see a strip whose main focus was "look at this loving family" as opposed to the absolutely wretched and toxic abuse cycle that is Dustin. But Baldo goes way too far in the opposite direction. Literally 90% of the strips are "look how perfect these kids are! Look what a loving dad I am!" Both of them are middle-aged man fanwank, but one of them is "Man, my son, and all millennials, are lazy and useless. This is completely their fault and has nothing to do with me or my generation. I'm prefect and above everyone" and the other is "My children are so great, this is amazing, I am such a great dad, this has everything to do with me, me me me me me me me."

Wizard of Oz Id

(I really like the fact that the Wizard apparently lives in a normal boring suburban house.)

Big Nate

Wallace The Brave + random Wallace

(Someone please give me a version of the poster for Her, but with Spud in it.)

Curtis

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 24, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I think that's supposed to be his driving test observer, but the uniform is very cop-like. Are there states that actually have cops do that?

Yeah that hat definitely says highway patrol or trooper or whatever to me.

Somebody called it the BMV the other day. I wonder how many variations there are on that. DMV, MVD etc.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Strontium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/lazycat619
https://www.youtube.com/user/darthmauldog1125/

Last night those had 4 and 2 subscribers respectively.
There's so much to this.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Time for another round of Does [Comic Artist Name] Know What A Dick His Protagonist Is Being? With all the DMV stuff I would have bet Batiuk did not know because of entitled boomerism. But it's hard to believe that anybody would think we're supposed to side with the able-bodied guy parking in the handicapped space. But are we? Does Batiuk do this himself?

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

This may have been a good thing to bring up earlier.

Sally Forth

You already have her on speaker. Proceed with the cleaning of the room.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vargo posted:

I'm beginning to see Baldo as kind of a "Horseshoe Theory" version of Dustin. I started reading it because it was nice to see a strip whose main focus was "look at this loving family" as opposed to the absolutely wretched and toxic abuse cycle that is Dustin. But Baldo goes way too far in the opposite direction. Literally 90% of the strips are "look how perfect these kids are! Look what a loving dad I am!" Both of them are middle-aged man fanwank, but one of them is "Man, my son, and all millennials, are lazy and useless. This is completely their fault and has nothing to do with me or my generation. I'm prefect and above everyone" and the other is "My children are so great, this is amazing, I am such a great dad, this has everything to do with me, me me me me me me me."

It's a nice counterpart to Dustin, but its problem that it's just not funny. I appreciate seeing a nice, even if not funny, strip about a Hispanic family though. Because the only other one I can think of was La Cucaracha and that was awful.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm dropping Today's Dogg since it's not really amusingly bad as often as I hoped.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

:stare:

Are the Evans locked in a tonedeafness contest with Batiuk cause drat even with the current DMV arc that's putting them some lengths ahead.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Undoubtedly this is someone's fetish.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

1999 Spider-Man

Never trust anyone whose clothes go from blue to pink at the drop of a hat.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gunther called him Les. I thought they were going to kiss in the 4th panel.

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

Bobulus posted:

When I got my license at 16, the observer was a State Trooper. I don't think they do it anymore, though. When I got my CDL it was just some guy that worked for the state.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

re: 1999 spiderman

She literally poured a vial of powder into water while they were talking and then offered it to him.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Call Your Grandma posted:

re: 1999 spiderman

She literally poured a vial of powder into water while they were talking and then offered it to him.

Well, she is a doctor. And he is an idiot.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Kennel posted:

I'm dropping Today's Dogg since it's not really amusingly bad as often as I hoped.

:(

I like laughing at it. It's like a comic about dogs drawn by someone who's never seen a dog and only heard a second-hand description.

Mandrake

[/quote]

Mandrake's unconscious and Derek's posing as him. Calling it!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The gremlin feet are just weird.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Well, she is a doctor. And he is an idiot.
Too many run ins with his arch nemesis A Truck and the Falling Bricks gang.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Simian_Prime posted:

:(

I like laughing at it. It's like a comic about dogs drawn by someone who's never seen a dog and only heard a second-hand description.

Then again, it''s not a huge effort so I guess I'll keep posting.

Today's Dogg

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

It's like he's talking directly to Spiderman.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Haifisch posted:

On the flip side, you'd be less likely to die from a grandpa who mixed up the gas pedal & brakes. :v:

Too bad old people vote, and they're the ones mandatory retesting would piss off the most.

Oh, I I honestly think it's a good idea for public safety (even if it would annoy everyone, including me when my turn came around). Hell, it would probably show up on Ballard Street.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I really like the art on that "Flash Gordon" strip. It's clean and efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

That face in Panel 3 is going to give me nightmares.

• Locked thread