Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Haha yeah marijuana is like, NOT a drug that is/can be considered a drug of abuse, like, guys, fuckin squares, mannnnn *zones out staring at wall for 10 mins*, like, I completely think marijuanas decades long rep as a drug for lazy unproductive brain dead idiots is totallyyyy, like, done by the government and George Bush mannn, and like, *falls asleep*

drat, just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Ten months after a raid at a medical marijuana distribution company, there are still no charges against the former business owner, who says San Diego police have yet to return his and his family’s assets.
“The last 10 months have been very stressful.” said James Slatic. “I mean, I put my life's savings into this and where am I now?”

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Family-Fight-for-Funds-After-Medical-Marijuana-Dispensary-Raid-399595961.html#ixzz4Zeacs2Pk
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

but the guy is a squirrelly looking hippy with a ponytail iirc, so gently caress him!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

You've never been around any drug in your life, then?

Oh yeah man I have definitely never been around any drugs during my four years working in child protection or my two years working in Street Homeless Outreach you definitely have me got With regards to drugs and how they affect people long-term

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Are you a Mormom fundie or something Smelliot? Marijuana is substantially less harmful than nicotine or alcohol. My dad was an alcoholic but I love him and he did a good job raising me despite the problem he struggled with. I can't imagine what a hosed up nightmare my childhood would have become if he was dragged off to jail for being an alcoholic and I didn't get to have his support and presence in my life.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Don't worry I have some sort of study done it totally demonstrates how drugs aren't really bad or harmful at all Checkmate rethuglicunts :smug:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Mostly I'm confused as to why the majority of these awful loving threads have the most posts by euro trash claiming some sort of expertise on US culture and using terms like "us" to pretend they're actually US citizens making statements as to their totally relevant opinion wrt American domestic policy lol but don't worry these same people are here to educate you about the correct way to think, after all their entire media and cultural consumption is American after all!

This is absolutely correct.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Don't worry I have some sort of study done it totally demonstrates how drugs aren't really bad or harmful at all Checkmate rethuglicunts :smug:
Edit: Nevermind: answered

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 25, 2017

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Are you a Mormom fundie or something Smelliot? Marijuana is substantially less harmful than nicotine or alcohol. My dad was an alcoholic but I love him and he did a good job raising me despite the problem he struggled with. I can't imagine what a hosed up nightmare my childhood would have become if he was dragged off to jail for being an alcoholic and I didn't get to have his support and presence in my life.

Thanks for sharing, I'm not being an rear end when I say that I'm happy your father was able to be a good dad despite his issues but trust me when I say the vast majority of those from similar backgrounds are not nearly as lucky as you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Oh yeah man I have definitely never been around any drugs during my four years working in child protection or my two years working in Street Homeless Outreach you definitely have me got With regards to drugs and how they affect people long-term

Maybe weed is exactly like alcohol and people that are baked 24/7 would just be drunk all the time or huffing paint if weed wasn't available?

Many of the more functional people I know smoke weed. I personally can't don't enjoy it but it's fine to use if you aren't a moron about it.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

You completely dodged my question. Abusing alcohol definitely wasn't healthy for my father but my entirely family would have suffered greatly if his life was ruined by being thrown in jail for substance abuse.

Your personal experiences demonstrate a lack of foresight regarding how substance abuse actually impacts lives when the manifestation of their problems takes on much more severe repercussions than the myopic view of "well it would've been worse if he WASN'T here!"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Drugs should be legalized with a nice chunk of the proceeds going to addiction treatment and rehabilitation services and research

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe weed is exactly like alcohol and people that are baked 24/7 would just be drunk all the time or huffing paint if weed wasn't available?

Many of the more functional people I know smoke weed. I personally can't don't enjoy it but it's fine to use if you aren't a moron about it.

no dude. Anyone who has ever smoked weed is a tragic degenerate wastoid dying in a gutter

"Good people don't smoke marijuana." - Jeff Sessions

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

no dude. Anyone who has ever smoked weed is a tragic degenerate wastoid dying in a gutter

"Good people don't smoke marijuana." - Jeff Sessions

Jeff sessions quote is not wrong at all so I'm not sure what your point is?

Just to be clear here, for those idiots trying to attack me as some sort of pro meth or alcohol or whatever, lol just stop. My entire issue is that even "harmless weed" is very much a drug of abuse and those trying to claim otherwise are generally addicts themselves in the pits of denial or people with vested interests in falsely claiming otherwise

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Please clarify wrt my "snitching", I Eagerly await your poorly attempted hit job whereupon I performed my duties as a social worker in charge of the safety and well being of vulnerable children, but I know things like random character assassination attempts are absolutely not beyond Leftists sooo :allears: I know you're furiously searching my post history as we speak

i dont have plat but i encounter enough of your posts in my natural reading of GBS to know how much you suck

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Smeed posted:

Just lol

I can almost feel the quivering shakes of outrage as this was written :laffo:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Jeff sessions quote is not wrong at all so I'm not sure what your point is?

Just to be clear here, for those idiots trying to attack me as some sort of pro meth or alcohol or whatever, lol just stop. My entire issue is that even "harmless weed" is very much a drug of abuse and those trying to claim otherwise are generally addicts themselves in the pits of denial or people with vested interests in falsely claiming otherwise

lol what kind of vested interests would prohibitionists have? terrorizing many thousands of people with a punitive policy orders of magnitude more harmful than the drug itself? quota based police funding? private prisons?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
making sure "those people" cant vote

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death -- the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Haha you loving liar

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

i dont have plat but i encounter enough of your posts in my natural reading of GBS to know how much you suck

N... No! YOU suck mannnnn! *gets winded, has to take nap before waking up to smoke blunt then fall asleep again* don't worry Ill be sure to post a more coherent argument after I'm like, sober and then smoke again to take the edge off broooo :2bong:

God youre pathetic lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

weed is bad. a flying saucer man is gonna steal your stick figure girlfriend if you smoke it. the tv said so.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

I legit thank you for being morally above almost all of your ilk if only for convenience

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

Haha you loving liar

This one is Interesting, go on

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Like even if smelliot wasn't a ludicrous right wing moron he's such a smug piece of poo poo about everything he would still deserve to get beaten repeatedly with a nightstick.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

WatermelonGun posted:

Like even if smelliot wasn't a ludicrous right wing moron he's such a smug piece of poo poo about everything he would still deserve to get beaten repeatedly with a nightstick.

Coming from the "some guy shot a minority therefore all Pro trump people are MURDERERS! guy" I'm just gonna leave this one at "lol k little guy" and move on

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

WatermelonGun posted:

Its a little weird and juvenile to wish violence on somebody on a message board. Smelliot I hope you live to a ripe old age, and die alone in a dark room in a hospice care facility for the homeless

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Guys what if trump is actually right, this smug gently caress is convincing me

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
you should not smoke mariajuana because the combustion makes a lot of carcinogens just like cigarettes, but vaping and edibles are probably not very bad for your physical health

as for your brain, it's probably mainly a function of frequency, as well as whether you hang out with retards obsessed with pot crap

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

Haha you loving liar

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Also Trump literally barred 3 media outlets from a briefing today, so y'all might as well admit it and start calling him Il Duce.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

WatermelonGun posted:

Also Trump literally barred 3 media outlets from a briefing today, so y'all might as well admit it and start calling him Il Duce.

CNN blows and they should be banned from America all together

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
it would also help if we engineer a THC variant that doesn't smell like dog vomit

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

WatermelonGun posted:

I'm glad you can get your impotent rage expression out without actual violence on innocent people despite whatever sad limpdick little agency you have :downs:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Drugs r kewl

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I'm glad you can get your impotent rage expression out without actual violence on innocent people despite whatever sad limpdick little agency you have :downs:

Defend the barring of media outlets. I loving dare you.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

vaping and edibles are probably not very bad for your physical health

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gHeE39JjM&t=208s

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

WatermelonGun posted:

Oh nooooo trump kicked out "news" agencies who outright declared they were his enemies and they'd do literally anything they could in their power to outright gently caress hum over, including lying if necessary lmao

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

WatermelonGun posted:

Defend the barring of media outlets. I loving dare you.

These people aren't journalists, it's corporate owned propaganda channels. Barring them from a room doesn't even go far enough

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

These people aren't journalists, it's corporate owned propaganda channels. Barring them from a room doesn't even go far enough

this is why you are like this. basic facts are the enemy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
B... But we DESERVE our spots as we paid a loooot of money for reserved access compared to the little Hoi poloi trash who think they can just report the facts all willy nilly!

• Locked thread