Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is what making noise, protesting, and engaging with government gets you. They start to listen.

Now to see if they'll actually follow through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

Do we not like Donna Brazile?

I liked her speech

I don't like anyone

except buttigieg

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Somebody make a Bernie Forces gang tag.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Aurubin posted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

I liked her speech
she leaked debate questions for clinton in the primaries for some absurd reason lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

comedyblissoption posted:

she leaked debate questions for clinton in the primaries for some absurd reason lol

her tweets after hillary lost were pretty remarkable too, tho i forget what they were, which i guess is counter to what i just said. oops.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

comedyblissoption posted:

lol that was such a braindead unforced error

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Aurubin posted:

this can be the anime theme song just replace holy with bernie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

anime was right posted:

her tweets after hillary lost were pretty remarkable too, tho i forget what they were, which i guess is counter to what i just said. oops.

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
she tweets like loving 50 times a day theres no way im finding those within two minutes

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aurubin posted:

BERNIE FORCE RULES

BERNIE FORCE RULES

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/10/donna-brazile-im-only-sorry-i-got-caught-cheating-with-debate-questions/

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BONGHITZ posted:

I liked her speech

She's DWS levels of bad

never won a single thing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Power Rangers: Mystic Bernie Force, coming to Nicktoons this fall.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

holy moly is this awful just lmao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Brown Menace posted:

"if i aint gon be part of the dems, i gotta be the dems myself"

to paraphrase great revolutionary and maoist third-worldist busta rhymes

Nice.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Probably Magic posted:

Power Rangers: Mystic Bernie Force, coming to Nicktoons this fall.

Can we make this the thread title when we finally decide to abandon the Democrats?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

She's DWS levels of bad

never won a single thing

I think she might actually be worse, because she clearly believes herself to be some kind of great political mastermind and she's, well, whatever the opposite of that is.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

docbeard posted:

I think she might actually be worse, because she clearly believes herself to be some kind of great political mastermind and she's, well, whatever the opposite of that is.

That would be DWS

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Did Buttigieg win yet

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

I'm a Slut for the Butt

I'm Gay for the Geig

I Beat My Meat to Pete

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The more I read about Buttigieg the more I like him and I hope he gets the compromise votes if Ellison can't win

We really badly need more young people in politics and leadership

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is what making noise, protesting, and engaging with government gets you. They start to listen.

Now to see if they'll actually follow through.

The problem is if they call the bluff. If they get scared but call the bluff and nothing happens, we're hosed.

If they call the bluff and go for Perez, they need to be hit with real consequences, so that next time around they're quaking in their boots.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thats Lt. Buttigieg 2 u

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pete looks like a prototypical navy officer retard

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ha

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Buttigieg will make America Great Again by building tons of F35Bs and Ospreys to purge the ranks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The failed presidental canidate Bernie Sanders still excites people and gives them hope

https://www.good.is/articles/bernie-sanders-presidents-day

quote:

“Thanks for inviting me to your rally,” joked Los Angeles Times columnist and political cartoonist David Horsey to Senator Bernie Sanders at what was supposed to be a stop on the former presidential candidate’s book tour.

The event, it turned out, was more like a rock concert than a reading. The senator was welcomed with enthusiastic applause, cheers, and rally cries for “Bernie 2020!” from the sold-out crowd of 1,600 people at The Theatre at Ace Hotel downtown. People young and old, of all different ethnic backgrounds, packed into the theater for the event organized by the LA Times as part of its live journalism “Ideas Exchange” series in collaboration with local bookseller Skylight Books.

“As we saw during the presidential campaign, there’s a tremendous interest in Sen. Sanders and his progressive platform here in Los Angeles,” said Suzy Jack, vice president of public affairs and events for the LA Times. “His book is on the bestseller list and people are very interested in hearing his views.”

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Reading Weigel's piece this evening about the DNC race stoked those angry embers in my soul, with a quotation about a Perez backer being dismissive and annoyed about being lobbied by Ellison/Bernie supporters.

While the answer is obviously authoritarian elitism, it's still hard for me to reconcile the idea of getting into electoral politics and being angry that you have an active and engaged base. Kick these fuckers out.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Pete looks like a prototypical navy officer retard

You mean the kind that tests out of the Marines?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aurubin posted:

Reading Weigel's piece this evening about the DNC race stoked those angry embers in my soul, with a quotation about a Perez backer being dismissive and annoyed about being lobbied by Ellison/Bernie supporters.

While the answer is obviously authoritarian elitism, it's still hard for me to reconcile the idea of getting into electoral politics and being angry that you have an active and engaged base. Kick these fuckers out.

I unironically support harassing the poo poo out of them until they resign. Don't offer them any shred of dignity or respect.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Aurubin posted:

Also, in this vein, lol at Manchin getting all pissy here:

quote:

Manchin invites primary challenge from Sanders supporters in call

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin invited Bernie Sanders supporters to mount a primary challenge against him in a Friday phone call with West Virginians, according to a recording of the call viewed by POLITICO.

The sometimes contentious, roughly 15-minute conversation was largely focused on the prospect of Manchin scheduling a town hall for his constituents — an idea he said he was open to, while also repeatedly asking what the objective would be.

The conference call, which involved several political activists, was recorded by one of the activists, and Manchin can be heard responding to various questions and challenges.

But as the town hall conversation got chippy — and activists on the call brought up points of disagreement with the senator — Manchin exclaimed, “What you ought to do is vote me out. Vote me out! I’m not changing. Find somebody else who can beat me and vote me out."

“Is that an invitation or a threat? I don’t understand,” responded one of the activists.

“Sure, it’s an invitation, you ought to. I can tell that, because we’re on different pages. Are you a Bernie Sanders guy?,” asked the senator.

“Uh, well, I don’t quite see the relevance of that to this conversation,” responded the voter.

“I’m just asking," Manchin said.

“I stand with West Virginians who voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary, in all 55 counties where he won," the voter said.

“Bernie Sanders is not even a Democrat,” said Manchin, who serves with the Vermont independent in party leadership — treading on politically treacherous territory that most other Democrats have avoided at the risk of alienating the party’s restive left wing.

One of the activists posted a live video of the conversation on Facebook publicly.

"They were discussing a difference of opinion and the path forward for West Virginia,” said Manchin’s communications director, Jonathan Kott, confirming that the senator was on the call.

“Sen. Manchin is very happy to have you quote him saying Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat,” he added, noting the Vermonter’s independent status.

Manchin is one of 10 Senate Democrats running for reelection in 2018 in a state that Donald Trump won last November, and he has often broken with other Democrats. Rarely, however, have the breaks been so explicit.

At one point on the call, speaking to one activist, Manchin also says, “What Barack Obama did to our state is criminal,” referring to environmental regulations, after the voter brought up Manchin's vote for Scott Pruitt to become administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. “They put 400 new regulations on top, and they just smothered us. It was ridiculous."

Manchin is already a top target of Republicans who see his seat as winnable. And he's made few friends among liberal Democrats, who view him as leaning far too right.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Aurubin posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Aurubin posted:

Bad Dem Ellison was trying to avoid this with a message to his supporters pleading for them not to contact DNC members, but some people couldn't help themselves and now it's Buttigieg's turn to shine

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/kfile/status/835297440316145664

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ok.jpg

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

logikv9 posted:

Bad Dem Ellison was trying to avoid this with a message to his supporters pleading for them not to contact DNC members, but some people couldn't help themselves and now it's Buttigieg's turn to shine

I've said this before, but when Ellison announced his candidacy he asked supporters to contact DNC members and (politely) express support.

It was some time later that he made the PLEASE, STOP CALLING announcement.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Rastor posted:

I've said this before, but when Ellison announced his candidacy he asked supporters to contact DNC members and (politely) express support.

It was some time later that he made the PLEASE, STOP CALLING announcement.

Violent Ellisonbros, very unlike the chill, mellow, and extremely comfortable buttbros

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
bernie sanders was a joke candidate who had no chance of winning and even if he had miraculously won he would not have been able to govern

hillary 2020 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

deadgoon posted:

bernie sanders was a joke candidate who had no chance of winning and even if he had miraculously won he would not have been able to govern

hillary 2020 imo

• Locked thread