Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kithyen posted:

Was the devotion nerf included with this patch? I was going to switch to something else this morning, but forgot, and I'm still wrecking poo poo with it.

Apparently it's pretty mild and the gun is still more than usable

discworld is all I read posted:

Yeah, the devotion nerfs are in there and also there were hemlok nerfs that went out, so that a single burst to the chest won't kill a pilot.

I don't think the hemlock one is there yet?

It works, just gotta wait 10 mins the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I'll be damned, live fire is fun as all getup. I take back any "but what about the titans???" salt I had posted pre-patch.

Just wish it had more than two maps. :v:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I need to get used to live fire, the larger of the two maps which HUUUUUUUGE amounts of vertical doesn't actually get used vertically from what I've seen so far. One end when you bear left from the start has a dead end up top where you can wall run forever and just rain grenadier death down on fools because no fucker looks directly up.

Also the Daft Punk banner you get in that mode is rad.

I just had a game of LTS with my whole team going Ion... Amazing. :dance:

That one cargo container map owns, if you play "the floor is lava" with a shotgun you're basically guaranteed to dominate pubbies on consoles.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I legit wish there were more gauntlet time trials.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don't think the hemlock one is there yet?
poo poo, you're right; I thought I had seen somewhere on reddit that it had gone live but brain fart on my part.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The low round time benefits this game mode a lot. PvP rounds just drag. I like it but still not in love.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Hello xbone players. Are you having sound issues? Since the patch I can play 2-3 games and then sound goes to near silent, the guns sound like ' tick tick tick '. Dropping to the main xbone screen and sound is fine but TF2 must be restarted.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

porktree posted:

Hello xbone players. Are you having sound issues? Since the patch I can play 2-3 games and then sound goes to near silent, the guns sound like ' tick tick tick '. Dropping to the main xbone screen and sound is fine but TF2 must be restarted.

Not as of yet.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Clan [BDSM] went wild collecting videos of kill cams last night. Do you like it sadistic, dominating, and kinky? Boy do we have videos for you.

https://youtu.be/gKFRb8fcSWU

https://youtu.be/_fqWWosI90c

https://youtu.be/ucZrcSjHiXU

The best custom mixtape is Attrition + Live Fire because it keeps us on our toes on which boost to use...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
For those that don't know there are invincibility frames built into ejecting that you can take advantage of to survive Nuclear ejections that you can't escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQUmQzHGq8

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

squidgee posted:

I'll be damned, live fire is fun as all getup. I take back any "but what about the titans???" salt I had posted pre-patch.

Just wish it had more than two maps. :v:

Same, I was playing Live Fire all night last night and it was fuckin rad. Stacks is a good map.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Looks like they either fixed the way Mixtape works, or changed the UI to make it look like they did (thanks, freshry).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 25, 2017

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Live fire lets you get away with some ridiculous poo poo sometimes too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8aTIgjGRGU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Looks like they either fixed the way Mixtape works, or changed the UI to make it look like they did.

Yeah it works better now for sure! It now just picks a random playlist from your selected set, and then queues you with everyone else playing that playlist instead of making a completely segregated Mixtape playlist.

Also I ended up grinding Colosseum last night for Advocate's gifts. Turns out my new pro strat is to just bumrush the enemy while spewing grenades.
http://i.imgur.com/yXCr7yH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Lhdwf11.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/QvPyCEb.gifv

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ularg posted:

For those that don't know there are invincibility frames built into ejecting that you can take advantage of to survive Nuclear ejections that you can't escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQUmQzHGq8

Hell yes there are. It also prevented the nuker from getting a titan off of you, the nukee, pre-patch. It's reason number 1,437 why nuke eject didn't need a nerf and i just needed to sit down and talk rationally with people who thought it did :reject:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Wilko posted:

That was great - you really can get away with some nonsense in this mode. I just did something similar on Stacks: won a 4v1 by putting a pilot sentry on the ground facing into the tunnel chokepoint on the left side of the map, and hiding way up in the top corner above the tunnel.

It was a kind of a dick move, but I won, so :shrug:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Wilko posted:

Needs roundabout for that ending.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love watching pubbies assume the best way to survive is by huddling up together and moving as a pack.

When they're not on my team, anyway, because one good grenade gives you a nice chunky lead early on :v:. And yet they'll still form up again afterwards like some kind of idiot Voltron, forming not a burning sword but a burning hole in the ground from the first Tick, Grenade, or explosive to hit them.

Or just some lucky fucker with an SMG running up behind them and hosing them all down because no-one was watching the rear.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Magnus Condomus posted:

Yeah it works better now for sure! It now just picks a random playlist from your selected set, and then queues you with everyone else playing that playlist instead of making a completely segregated Mixtape playlist.

No, that's not what I mean.

The way they talked about the revamped Mixtape, the plan was for it to queue for all selected modes simultaneously, which is the way it should have worked from the start.

The way it actually worked when they released the patch was to randomly pick one mode from those you selected, and queue you for that. This is completely useless.

On patch day, when it did this, it would display the name of the single mode it randomly selected. Now, it displays the icons for every mode you have selected, which to me would indicate it's queuing you for all those modes at the same time.

I have no idea if that's actually the case, or if they just changed it to display the icons like that and it's still randomly selecting a single mode to queue for.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have no idea if that's actually the case, or if they just changed it to display the icons like that and it's still randomly selecting a single mode to queue for.

Is there effectively any difference to the player between picking a mode randomly and finding a mode randomly?

I'd rather it tell me what mode I'm getting while it searches, so I have more time to change my class/titan/boost.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

wa27 posted:

Is there effectively any difference to the player between picking a mode randomly and finding a mode randomly?
Yes, because it is excluding other players who have the mode selected but aren't actively searching for it. This mixtape change doesn't fix the low population game modes issue. It randomly picks if you're going to be stuck searching that low pop mode.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Because it could pick a mode that's completely dead instead of one that is not as populated but still can be played. If you have two people use the new mixtape feature one could randomly get CTF and the other get PvP and they will never be considered matched together even if they both of each of the game modes selected and the CTF player has no one else in the queue.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

wa27 posted:

I'd rather it tell me what mode I'm getting while it searches, so I have more time to change my class/titan/boost.

Old method: Mixtape is a separate playlist to any other playlist, which means you only ever get matched with Mixtape players, which lowers the number of people playing other game modes.

New method: Mixtape isn't a separate playlist, but selecting multiple modes just makes the game randomly select one of those to queue you into. This at least no longer lowers the number of people playing other modes, but also doesn't fix the population issue at all.

What they should have changed it to: Mixtape isn't a separate playlist. Selecting multiple modes queues you up for every one of them at the same time, and the game puts you into whatever queue pops first. This means that everyone who wants to play Attrition/Hardpoint/CTF (for example) is eligible to be put into a game of CTF, instead of never queuing for CTF because CTF has no players because the queue times are infinitely long because no one ever queues for CTF because CTF has no players.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ularg posted:

Because it could pick a mode that's completely dead instead of one that is not as populated but still can be played. If you have two people use the new mixtape feature one could randomly get CTF and the other get PvP and they will never be considered matched together even if they both of each of the game modes selected and the CTF player has no one else in the queue.

Those modes are still going to be dead no matter what search method is used. If 10x as many people have attrition selected as CTF, then Attrition will have 10x as many players. This would also be the case if they queued the way you guys are suggesting. Changing the menu around isn't going to make people WANT to play CTF, so it's still going to be the same people playing it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Old method: Mixtape is a separate playlist to any other playlist, which means you only ever get matched with Mixtape players, which lowers the number of people playing other game modes.

New method: Mixtape isn't a separate playlist, but selecting multiple modes just makes the game randomly select one of those to queue you into. This at least no longer lowers the number of people playing other modes, but also doesn't fix the population issue at all.

What they should have changed it to: Mixtape isn't a separate playlist. Selecting multiple modes queues you up for every one of them at the same time, and the game puts you into whatever queue pops first. This means that everyone who wants to play Attrition/Hardpoint/CTF (for example) is eligible to be put into a game of CTF, instead of never queuing for CTF because CTF has no players because the queue times are infinitely long because no one ever queues for CTF because CTF has no players.

If it goes by what queue pops first, then the same modes are going to populate all the time, which are the same modes that get populated now. You would have to eliminate Bounty Hunt, Attrition, and probably LTS to have any hopes of playing the less played modes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Looks like it's an actual fix and not cosmetic: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5w2xbl/mixtape_queuing_now_works_correctly_it_just/de6xfpl/

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I need to buy Prime Scorch.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Holy moly the people on there loving love the devs for some reason.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Reddit becoming a semi-official forum for a game tends to provoke extreme reactions; either reactions like that, or rambling OPEN LETTER TO DEVS.

Live Fire is cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdq_K7sIig

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Stan Taylor posted:

From my experience with the Destiny subreddit it will end up with the redditors demanding they be catered to and that if they have an issue unaddressed they will post the same thread every loving day until they are satisfied.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Hell yes there are. It also prevented the nuker from getting a titan off of you, the nukee, pre-patch. It's reason number 1,437 why nuke eject didn't need a nerf and i just needed to sit down and talk rationally with people who thought it did :reject:

I don't understand what you are saying here. How did I frames prevent someone scoring a free titan off a nuke?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't understand what you are saying here. How did I frames prevent someone scoring a free titan off a nuke?

Because the nuke used to give you titan build time by damaging other titans. If you're invincible it means no damage, and once those are over your titan blows up by your hands, not theirs. So no build time at all for them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah but I don't see why the nuke victim will have i frames. They aren't ejecting.

Also chip damage would still get you most of a titan.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Um, the video I just posted showed me getting Iframes while ejecting.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Nothing like getting killed from across the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=widFh28pi_4

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Ularg posted:

I'm not 100% sure on that, cause you were also partially obscured by the dome shield from someone else's titan drop, which may have also blocked damage from the nuke.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Godzilla07 posted:

Live Fire is cool and good.

:yeah:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ularg posted:

I'm saying if you get nuked you aren't generally going to be able to eject. And if escape by the skin of your teeth you didn't need to anyways. trying to figure out why he thinks nuking building the titan meter was better for balance.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't get me wrong, people who play with me would probably call me the most egregious nuke eject abuser in here and I'm sad to see it nerfed. But it was ridiculously op and it's good they nerfed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Don't get me wrong, people who play with me would probably call me the most egregious nuke eject abuser in here and I'm sad to see it nerfed. But it was ridiculously op and it's good they nerfed it.

It's like a drug; I won't shame people for being addicted, not even you.