Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

at first this poo poo was funny then it really WASN'T funny and now its funny again

ha ha ha america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

WaPo is owned by Jeff Benzos, no?

Yes so if you get Amazon prime you can get Wapo sub as well somehow.

gregday
May 23, 2003

the equivalent of "I have a great idea for an app I just need someone to code it for me"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

nobody gives a poo poo what you think about baloogan

Everybody cares what an anime mod thinks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

triple sulk posted:

ipas are garbage, stouts ftw

:getout:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

just look at that nose

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Leviathan posted:

just look at that nose

:eyepop:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Leviathan posted:

just look at that nose

the same dead eyes

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Get yourself a porter and chuck those IPAs in the trash where they belong fuckerinos

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
surprising that aatrek wasn't an anime mod

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I do enjoy how these food and drink arms races always involve the words, "technically edible/drinkable" in the end

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Leviathan posted:

State Dept. employee leaks internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees who leaked internal State Dept. memo on leaks by State Dept. employees

yo dawg, I heard you like leaks.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Breckenridge vanilla Porter good on cold nights.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the 18th amendment was just misunderstood

the 18th amendment had some good ideas

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

triple sulk posted:

ipas are garbage, stouts ftw

IPAs and stouts are both good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I drink bourbon

If I drink beer I like light stuff that I can joyously quaff

Tastes better and tends to be cheaper, and I typically only want beer after a long workout or working out in the sun or smtg, and cracking some 7% monster with a 95 whatever bitterness rating after that sounds awful

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

State dpt leaks probably won't last long tho because there's only like 6 people left there so they'll figure ito ut

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
beers a good drink

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

has trump's sweden expert been discussed yet because lol

the lol also goes out to fox news

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/fake-sweden-expert-on-fox-news-has-criminal-convictions-in-us-no-connection-to-swedish-security/

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
:chanpop:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Recap
Immediately signed bill that makes it much harder for lower and middle income Americans to get a mortgage
Gave cabinet positions to key PAC donors
Appointed a Klansman attorney general
Sent Navy SEALS to do a mission in Yemen that Obama passed on due to lack of intel, which ended up being far more dangerous than thought, leading to dozens of civilians, a SEAL and an American 8yo dead. Also lost a $75mil chopper
Yemen tells US after we can’t run military through their airspace
Admitting Bannon tricked him into placing him on the NSC
Constant leaks from his own staff
Losing an entire department of senior State Dept personnel to mass resignation
Literally ignoring a major natural disaster with a dam collapse in California
Crashed a wedding with the loving Japanese PM
Discussed classified military intelligence in front of a crowd of civilians to look cool
Allowed unsecured phone cameras to be held over secret briefing docs
Insisting on using unsecured Android phone
Refusing to record calls with Putin
Lying about voter fraud since he feels insecure that he lost the popular vote bigly
Wife and son costing taxpayers $1 million per day to protect in their tower
Weekly visits to his lovely Florida resort costing $3 million per trip
Using the office of the president to advertise daughter’s failing clothing line
Refusing to fully divest from worldwide business holdings
Attempted to bar American citizens and green card holders from reentry into country due to being Muslim
Drove people in mass to protest and shut down airports across the country, leading to record ACLU donations
Having the Muslim Ban swiftly overturned by the courts
Not mentioning Jews during a loving holocaust remembrance
Strongly alluding to conspiring with a foreign govt to win the presidency
Telling federal law enforcement to ignore white supremacist groups which are now infiltrating our police depts. (according to the Intercept)
Allowing the FSB to operate more easily in the USA
Having national security advisor Flynn outed as a Russian stooge despite being told a month before taking the office that he was compromised
Told Flynn to resign because he lied to VP Pence that he hadn’t talked to the ambassador about sanctions
Secret Service Director resigns
NYT and CNN reports Trump’s campaign had many discussions with Russian intelligence
Kellyanne Conway gets blackballed from many news shows because of constant lying
CEO of Carl Jr revokes his shot at Labor Sec because Oprah released vid of his wife talking about him beating her
Trump turned back opposition to One China policy, and magically got a trademark for his brand in China that he fought years to get
Signs bill allowing coal companies to dump pollution into water sources because why not
Does insane 77 minute press conference on which he claims he isn’t ranting and raving. Goes on rants about Hillary, Uranium being dangerous and stuff, tells a Jewish man he asked an unfair question when asked if he would say something to stop anti semitism, and presumes a black reporter knows how to get in contact with the black caucus.
Report says Flynn lied to FBI about contents of the phone calls with the Russian ambassador, and he did actually talk about sanctions with Russia
FOX NEWS reports Trump was briefed on Flynn’s call to the ambassador, which means Trump ordered the call, or told Flynn to lie to Pence, or both
Picks a new national security advisor and he refuses
AP leaks draft memo stating National Guard being used to “round up” undocumented immigrants
Trump declares the media the enemy of the American people except Fox and Friends which are really nice
Audio tapes leak of Trump selling off access to sit in on interviews with potential cabinet members
Holds first campaign rally of 2020 at day 30 of his Presidency in 2017. Cause that is normal. Invites clearly deranged fan on stage unchecked my secret service.
Lies about a terrorist attack in Sweden that never happened
In 30 days in office, spent six full days playing golf
Started calling his Florida resort Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House” but realized he still would like to go to it every weekend so changed it to “Southern White House”
Gets rejected by UK parliament to visit and speak
Named Lt Gen HR McMaster as the Director of the National Security Council, no one in the NSC was alerted about it until the news broke. Also apparently since he is in active duty, he could not decline.
Politico reports staff has to give Trump positive reports from right wing sites and blogs to keep his spirits up or else he lashes out on Twitter
Reverses Obama policy on Transgenders not getting bashed for trying to take a poo poo
Bannon and Preibus had a interview at CPAC in which Bannon, in his own words, vowed a daily battle for the “deconstructive of the administrative state”
Spicer indicates that Trump admin may crack down on states with loose marijuana laws
CNN reports that the White House asked the FBI to tell reporters that the investigations against Trump/Dossier/Russia were not happening and they declined
Additional reporting showed Trump OK’d the Yemeni raid over dinner with Bannon and his son-in-law, and was not in the situation room during the raid. He was also tweeting during it (tweets later deleted)
Trump speaks at CPAC, says nothing except “We’re all Americans, no matter what color we bleed”
Spicer doesn’t let CNN, NYT, BBC and others into a private press briefing
DHS spiked a report after the Trump admin said it didn’t like its findings, which was the Muslim ban was worthless
Trump asked for a different study that shows it would be benefical. Someone tell leaked the original report to the AP.
Trump admin enlisted Sen Burr and Rep Nunes, who are on Senate and House intelligence committees, to tell the media there was nothing to the Russia ties

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
guys i think trump might go to jail lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
lagunitas has a seasonal cappuccino imperial stout that is about 9% that I would recommend drinking...

after two big bottles of the strongest hoppiest ipa u can find :flip:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

oh my god

this intelligence report doesn't come to the conclusion i want, write it again

30 years of putting ideology ahead of facts is finally coming down on us, hard

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

oh word

who would be convicting him

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I drink bourbon

If I drink beer I like light stuff that I can joyously quaff

Tastes better and tends to be cheaper, and I typically only want beer after a long workout or working out in the sun or smtg, and cracking some 7% monster with a 95 whatever bitterness rating after that sounds awful

I like ice cold gin served neat and IPAs in kinda the same way. Drink trees

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

the black husserl posted:

at first this poo poo was funny then it really WASN'T funny and now its funny again

ha ha ha america

I still haven't entirely processed that the President of the United States and his entire Administration thinks they can just say "give me a report that says Muslims are scary" and when the reports says they're not are totally fine with publicly saying "No, we wanted you to draw the other conclusion. Do it again."

Like. Is it possible they don't know they're fascists/dictators/whatever?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

Nope

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my local place just started carrying Dogfish Head 60 minute in 12 packs of cans

hell yea i bought that fucker and am drinkin 'em all night

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Solarin posted:

no

smoke trees

drink whatever garbage you can dig up that has starches and thus can be distilled

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

yes

I like putting gin from the freezer into a glass from the freezer and like, quaffing the essence of cold

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Duscat posted:

oh my god

this intelligence report doesn't come to the conclusion i want, write it again

30 years of putting ideology ahead of facts is finally coming down on us, hard

maybe they are resorting to Jedi mind tricks

*waves hand* "this is not the intelligence report the president was looking for"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Epic High Five posted:

oh word

who would be convicting him

i am being optimistic cause there is a lot building up and something has got to give, i hope

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like that it's blatantly apparent to everybody iun the whole country except anybody in the White House that anything they reject because it conflicts with their worldview will instead be released to the public

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Make the intelligence super bad!! :qq: - our actual president

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

quote:

But the Homeland Security report found that in the past six years, foreign-born people in the United States who were “inspired” to participate in terrorist acts came from 26 different countries.

In all, analysts found 82 individuals who were “primarily” based in the U.S. who had either died trying to engage in terrorism or were convicted on charges. Of those, “slightly more than half” were native born U.S. citizens, the report found.

Only two of the seven countries targeted by Mr. Trump—Iraq and Somalia—are among the top origins countries for foreign-born individuals who engaged in terrorism in the United States, the report found. Those countries, in order, are Pakistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iraq and Uzbekistan.

The findings track similar studies by think tanks and news organization. The Wall Street Journal in January found that of 180 people charged with jihadist terrorism-related crimes or who died before being charged, 11 were identified as being from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Yemen, Sudan or Somalia, the countries specified in Mr. Trump’s order. No Americans were killed in any of the attacks by those 11 individuals.

This is why I despise Conservatives. At some point, politics comes down to verifiable facts and plain old numbers. And the numbers show the Muslim ban was a political exercise that didn't even begin to address the problem of a handful of individuals over the years going nuts and murdering people randomly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[Spitting crumbs out of mouth] I like pilsners

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if it wasn't going to kill me I'd be curious what vodka+liquid nitrogen tastes like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think maybe the impeachment and recall processes could be streamlined somewhat

like if five people stand on Pennsylvania Ave. and yell "MULLIGAN," that could be enough

• Locked thread