Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thursday late night raid is going well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

poo poo I wanted to get in on this.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

poo poo I wanted to get in on this.

It was a pretty big hit! We killed a boss! And learned a lot, and it was ridiculously laid back and casual. I think this is definitely going to be a regular thing, Thursday nights at 9pm Pacific. See you next week!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
"Look kids, this isn't delivering pies in the shire" arus on vale guardian fight

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Holy poo poo, y'all, Chronotank is so fukken fun.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
We are good raid boys

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

"Look kids, this isn't delivering pies in the shire" arus on vale guardian fight

I did say this, yes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Is he not immediately stuffing it into his mouth? Because that would be weird.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress

I looked up what the skins were and this popped up. I am not that far in to HoT, so this may make more sense to others:

"After you complete the final step of the quest line (i.e., acquiring the "Knight of the Thorn" title), the quest NPC will appear in your home instance. You can talk to her and "change Caladbolg's form" by exchanging the weapon you have and 1000 unbound magic."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe that means you can complete the full collection with just 4000 unbound magic?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar posted:

maybe that means you can complete the full collection with just 4000 unbound magic?

It seems like you trade in the current ascended weapon (plus the 1000 unbound magic) for another, which would unlock the skin for future use. You then have whatever physical weapon you traded for.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Killer Instinct is my favorite story mission in this game because i initially interpreted 'kiddie playground' as 'kitty playground', and when he says 'whoever trained' it sounds like 'flavor train'.

Forgal is the best of the three for sure.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Forgal is the best of the three for sure.

I'm only going to allow this because I'm pretty sure you haven't done Whispers yet

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
All the order mentors are great, Tybalt is just the cutest one that's all.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctQyL1UxEow

Also yes that's the easy way to do the collection, just keep trading unbound magic + the weapon to get all the skin unlocks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

I'm only going to allow this because I'm pretty sure you haven't done Whispers yet

I haven't. :ssh: I'm making an assumption because he's pretty hard to top.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is Maguuma ever not full? I've been trying to make a new character for a literal week but every time I log in it's one of three NA servers that's constantly inaccessible.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

All the order mentors are great, Tybalt is just the cutest one that's all.

"Tybalt is totally cherry!" -- Magister Sieran

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Is Maguuma ever not full? I've been trying to make a new character for a literal week but every time I log in it's one of three NA servers that's constantly inaccessible.

There is no reason to transfer over unless you want to do WvWvW with Goons. T2 is pretty much better if you want to have fun in wubwub.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

#magswag though

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bieeardo posted:

"Tybalt is totally cherry!" -- Magister Sieran

I wish every NPC had as much personality as those three.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

I didn't know there was a secret quaggan room till now.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

poo poo i need caladbolg, been wanting it on my guardian ever since I recovered the drat thing. then I guess I need to coordinate my ensemble around it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

dad on the rag posted:

There is no reason to transfer over unless you want to do WvWvW with Goons. T2 is pretty much better if you want to have fun in wubwub.

Er, what is T2?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
WvW matchup tiers. It's not really shown anywhere in game.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Maguuma is T1, the highest population/"skill" group, so there's often queues, and fighting the entire map population limit of the other servers in one big blob, and then they complain on forums about tower humping when you don't run into a 1:2 outnumbered fight.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My entire experience since returning and playing WvW on Maguuma is:

1. We run around and cap towers without fighting and make laps around the map just doing this.

2. Our big ball stares down the other big ball. Sometimes their balls are bigger than our balls. Sometimes our balls touch. But only for brief, fleeting moments, and nothing is accomplished.

It just doesn't feel like a lot actually happens. How does WvW play out in t2 or under?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

WvW matchup tiers. It's not really shown anywhere in game.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Maguuma is T1, the highest population/"skill" group, so there's often queues, and fighting the entire map population limit of the other servers in one big blob, and then they complain on forums about tower humping when you don't run into a 1:2 outnumbered fight.

i have no idea how we ever became T1 but it happened after xushin stopped commanding

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I haven't played this game in several years so I'm pretty confused and have a few questions if any goon would be kind enough to answer. I have a level 80 engineer and a level 40-something mesmer. Are those any good? What's this about chronomancers and scrappers? Do I need to buy the expansion? What's the deal with Lion's Arch not looking as cool as it used to? Finally, the skill system seems completely different and I have some amount of hero points and some that seem to be spent in stuff I don't really remember ever using... should I just go ahead and spend the points I have unlocking everything at random, or should I be saving them for something?

Also, can an idiot terrible player still follow around a zerg in WvW and have some fun tossing grenades, or has the game grown beyond that?

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
That sums up WvW for dragonbrand during peak hours. Other than that its all about one time zone ruling at a time and solo'ers running around in circles taking camps from each other.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have a level 80 engineer and a level 40-something mesmer. Are those any good?
Every class is basically fine, use one that suits your style. That said, Mesmers are more generally useful in PvE.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

What's this about chronomancers and scrappers? Do I need to buy the expansion?
Yes; HoT introduced "Elite" trait lines that give classes access to new weapons, utility skills, and traits (obviously). You can only start acquiring this trait line if you're 80 and have your other traits unlocked. Chronomancer = Mesmer Elite, Scrapper = Engineer.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

What's the deal with Lion's Arch not looking as cool as it used to?
Plot happened. Lion's Arch got attacked/destroyed/rebuilt as part of the ~Living Story~.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Finally, the skill system seems completely different and I have some amount of hero points and some that seem to be spent in stuff I don't really remember ever using... should I just go ahead and spend the points I have unlocking everything at random, or should I be saving them for something?

Also, can an idiot terrible player still follow around a zerg in WvW and have some fun tossing grenades, or has the game grown beyond that?
The skill/trait unlock system has undergone a few changes over the years. Just unlock everything, you'll need to eventually anyway and as part of leveling up you get enough Hero Points to fully unlock all your regular (not-Elite) trait lines; the ones you find around the world are useful for unlocking things sooner and/or applying to the Elite spec. There's no other use for Hero Points so you can't 'waste' them.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also, can an idiot terrible player still follow around a zerg in WvW and have some fun tossing grenades
Yea pretty much.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Thanks! Guess I'll have to wait for another expansion sale to pick it up.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
don't wait too long. the best seasonal content in the game hits april 1.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Do you need the expansion for seasonal stuff?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

qT's condi engi updated his DPS video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5jcpc5AOiw

Takeaways: you can probably skip flamethrower 2

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Good reset, SFD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I was on their friends list because i made fun of their character and they thanked me and decided to tell me the character's entire backstory and ask me to rate them and give fashion and story advice

edit: why am i suddenly having trouble posting an image (thanks illu)

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 25, 2017

• Locked thread