Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Transient People posted:

No, that change destroys her. If it goes through MF is donezo

plus it's a loving retarded change because it makes her much less fun to play too

Yeah it's really dumb. If they wanted to nerf her lane bullying power with Q bounces, they should have nerfed second hit base damage a bit and kept the on-kill modifier -- maybe even increased it so on-kill bounces did the same damage as before and non-kill bounces did less than before.

They're taking what was previously a champion-specific skill (prepping caster waves and lane positioning to use it accordingly) and just outright removing it from the game, which is super dumb. MF in laning is a lot simpler now, which isn't a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they found the only nerf they could think of that wouldnt hit support MF at all but would devastate adc mf. riot doesnt like it when champs are played outside of their intended roles, after all

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone playing Cho'Gath now? I keep trying to eat people but there's this weird delay that keeps getting me killed. He gets really big at 7 stacks tho (two was dragons).

I played against him as Swain top and poo poo on him. He still loses every matchup and has not enough tools to get into fights.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
cho is not really a top laner. tank cho gets horribly bullied by strong duelists. hes much better in mid lane vs assasins. he has huge potential for safe play or trying to go for the outplay if you go ap and go mid vs assasins. using a clunky slow champ like cho to oneshot a loving leblanc is the greatest feeling in the world.

Tank cho puts very little pressure on the enemy laner. if you are not going ap then you should pick another champion or play him as support. Ap cho has so much sustain and pushing power that he can just keep a lane pushed while he sustains if he decides he cant deal with the enemy laner because of a poor matchup. So you can just mindlessly rice while you wait for the enemy to do dumb poo poo so you can kill an enemy that is supposed to have an advantage against you.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I've been a support in b5 for years. I finally got out by abusing the poo poo out of Malzahar and Zyra and muting my ADC's the second they bitch about KS. I also cover the map in wards and ping like a mofo whenever i see an enemy pass by a ward, even if I'm sure the whole team saw them (they never do). Gonna see if I can make silver before nerfs come down.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

This is a wholesome post from a salt of the earth player.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss being good at this game.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

LegalPad posted:

The next game: My JG apologetically told us his keyboard wasn't activating his abilities, so he had to mouse click all of his abilities and would not be PVPing this round.

Oh that's happened to me a lot in the past. I finally posted a forum post asking for help, it started when they started holding on to your keybindings server side, you can clear out a couple files that remove your keybindings from Riot's end and re-bind them which should fix the problem overall.

I know it was some dude in your game and not you, but hopefully now you guys know what to tell a friend if this happens because it's pretty loving terrible and the only alternative is alt f4ing over and over and reloading the game until your hotkeys work.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Elentor posted:

same kind of. i quit for like 6 months, came back and i'm just insanely useless in every way. i guess i have to keep playing because i don't want the black mark of being silver on my account

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Elentor posted:

Yeah, same. Don't have it in me to grind out games anymore in ranked but still enjoy the game.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Elentor posted:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I was never good at this game.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lmao. awesome. nerf maokai but not camille. kat is really gonna get hurt by that 2mr...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pro tip: do not play this game while sober, enjoy it significantly more

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

I am literally wood V

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

el dingo posted:

:same:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm making GBS threads on people with Illaoi, I don't know why because she's so easy to kite and CC and poo poo, but it just seems like to win games you literally need to draw their jungler top constantly to keep your other lanes from getting ganks and then 1v2, which is what she's best at. Otherwise it seems like my jungler is jacking his cock off looking for +10g while theirs is impregnating our mid/bot/jungle with his chestbursters

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Just had 3 lovely games, after which I reasonably quit for the day. Normally playing in the morning/very early afternoon on weekdays is good for me, but this was the statistical exception, it seems.

At least the third game was genuinely one of the chillest teams I've had in forever even if we did get a mudhole stomped in our asses due to their inability to jungle or teamfight effectively.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

isnt URF supposed to be out today?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

d0grent posted:

isnt URF supposed to be out today?
It's live on EUW right now, still waiting in NA

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
give it to me Riot, it's the only alternate game mode I enjoy

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/832388119248912384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMXjoqiTAOI

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
ARURF is live in NA

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

welp camille is just as much a terror as you'd think.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

d0grent posted:

welp camille is just as much a terror as you'd think.

no way

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

can you believe it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Warlord's Bloodlust
[reworked]
NEW: "Moving or attacking makes an attack Energized. Energized attacks grant Lifesteal and Movement Speed."
OLD: " Gain increasingly more Life Steal based on your missing health against champions (up to 15%). Against minions gain 50% benefit (25% for ranged champions)."

Too many marksman were taking warlord's so we made it better (and more attractive to bruisers/fighters as well)

:riot:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oh yeah we need more of those abilities where walking around charged it up. It's totally different and unique than just having a static cooldown

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Firebert posted:

Warlord's Bloodlust
[reworked]
NEW: "Moving or attacking makes an attack Energized. Energized attacks grant Lifesteal and Movement Speed."
OLD: " Gain increasingly more Life Steal based on your missing health against champions (up to 15%). Against minions gain 50% benefit (25% for ranged champions)."

Too many marksman were taking warlord's so we made it better (and more attractive to bruisers/fighters as well)

:riot:

It's worse, not better. Warlord's is broken good because it gives you a free vamp scepter in lane. Even if the lifesteal was like 40% on the energized shot it'd still be worse than that.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

It's worse, not better. Warlord's is broken good because it gives you a free vamp scepter in lane. Even if the lifesteal was like 40% on the energized shot it'd still be worse than that.

I interpreted it as being always active, there's no mention of stacks or internal cooldowns so I assumed it's not a stattik shiv proc.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Mash posted:

Yeah it's really dumb. If they wanted to nerf her lane bullying power with Q bounces, they should have nerfed second hit base damage a bit and kept the on-kill modifier -- maybe even increased it so on-kill bounces did the same damage as before and non-kill bounces did less than before.

They're taking what was previously a champion-specific skill (prepping caster waves and lane positioning to use it accordingly) and just outright removing it from the game, which is super dumb. MF in laning is a lot simpler now, which isn't a lot of fun.

Totally agree with you on this. They need to stop removing mechanics from champion's kits especially already simple ones like MF. And to be honest in one of the pbe posts a rioter said its not fun to get 2nd proc q'd by MF in a teamfight late game when she has a million ad but when the gently caress does that ever happen. I never see MF even auto in teamfights. She ults then e's and by then everyone is already low so q's damage is not what's making her strong in the first place.

I definitely don't agree with the talon, quinn and mf nerfs on PBE. I feel like the riot special is incoming. They will nerf those champions who are obviously broken because of lethality and not their kit so the nerfs are useless. Then they will nerf lethality again therefore basically gimping those champions.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Just today they re-added the mf crit on minion kill but made the second hit have the same base damage as the first. Also the second shot now has a chance to crit even without the first killing a unit which would be a buff to a crit build if it scales with crit chance.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
They're also holding back the Quinn and Talon nerfs.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Firebert posted:

I interpreted it as being always active, there's no mention of stacks or internal cooldowns so I assumed it's not a stattik shiv proc.

'Energized' suggests a shiv proc yeah. Which would make Warlords significantly less good...which is a nice thing because then whenever Fervor gets a remake maybe one won't obsolete the other.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'd say it depends on how fast it generates and what the lifesteal is. If its the same as shiv then it doesnt need to be super high to be comparable in average effectiveness to the old Warlords.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Transient People posted:

Not really? With the new nerf its like, at MOST, 3.75% life steal vs minions, and you don't even get that until you're at 20% hp. Since they nerfed it, I don't see why I wouldn't take fervor of battle and just out trade the guy who's laning only mastery basically gives him another dorans, sans all the ad and hp.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

your friend a dog posted:

Not really? With the new nerf its like, at MOST, 3.75% life steal vs minions, and you don't even get that until you're at 20% hp. Since they nerfed it, I don't see why I wouldn't take fervor of battle and just out trade the guy who's laning only mastery basically gives him another dorans, sans all the ad and hp.

Because he has a vamp scepter when trading and then an extra dorans when hitting minions. And an extra dorans means a SHITLOAD of sustain. Considering that you'll hit creeps six times per wave, minimum, and it's pretty trivial to hit 100 AD in laning. That's 30 extra HP per wave, not counting trades. Per two waves, you'll be able to soak one extra autoattack, after armor (again, in a worst case scenario where you never trade successfully nor auto creeps more than once). There's...what, seventeen or eighteen waves in the laning phase, which will go for about ten mins? That's 540 HP of lifesteal, in the worst case. Is there a matchup you wouldn't win with 540 extra HP?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

John Murdoch posted:

They're also holding back the Quinn and Talon nerfs.

All offensive masteries and all lethality items just got hit with nerfs, plus there's a tank rework coming. Think about the future.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Transient People posted:

Because he has a vamp scepter when trading and then an extra dorans when hitting minions. And an extra dorans means a SHITLOAD of sustain. Considering that you'll hit creeps six times per wave, minimum, and it's pretty trivial to hit 100 AD in laning. That's 30 extra HP per wave, not counting trades. Per two waves, you'll be able to soak one extra autoattack, after armor (again, in a worst case scenario where you never trade successfully nor auto creeps more than once). There's...what, seventeen or eighteen waves in the laning phase, which will go for about ten mins? That's 540 HP of lifesteal, in the worst case. Is there a matchup you wouldn't win with 540 extra HP?

sustain doesn't really mean much when you're up against an aggressive all-in lane. Or if you ARE the aggressive all-in lane, fervor is going to end up being much better in those scenarios.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

d0grent posted:

sustain doesn't really mean much when you're up against an aggressive all-in lane. Or if you ARE the aggressive all-in lane, fervor is going to end up being much better in those scenarios.

Against an aggressive all-in lane Warlord's old sustain multiplies by four because you're hitting champions, so basically condense all that HP into big bursts of healing. That's part of what made it so strong - the sustain was good enough that it worked as burst healing in all-ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Also, speaking of which, lol

https://twitter.com/PhRoXzOn/status/835284916510277633

I threw that 40% figure out like whatever but it seems like I was mostly on the money!

• Locked thread