Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I can't get hype for new Zelda because Nier 2 comes out like for days later. I still have trouble believing that game is gonna exist

Also, to whoever was asking about Axiom Verge, it starts good but gets real awful by the end

And It all being a dream wouldn't have been lazy???

i meant the action sequence at the end, not the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Get Out is excellent. I feel like there were a lot of low budget thrillers last year that were well made but struck me as missing a certain something- this has all its poo poo together. Jordan Peele really does a lot of clever stuff with compositions and relying on the actors when he needs them ( I'm thinking the moment with the "maid", Georgina?, where the camera is focused on her face and it's just contorting and you have to trust someone to be able to do that ) and it's just really engaging throughout.

All that talent, plus Chelsea Peretti is having his child, so yeah, I admire this man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Dark Archie continues to be the best show.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Jenny Angel posted:

Shoutout to the girl a couple seats over from me who spent the majority of Get Out arguing with her friends that various characters weren't being racist

I'm kind of jealous of this even though I hate when people talk in the theater, this is probably the ultimate way to watch Get Out.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I always liked the couple in front of me who violently dissed Tree of Life on the way out of the theater. "What the hell was that?" "That wasn't even a movie."

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
My favorite theater crowd moment was about an hour into Green Lantern. This dude in a Lantern shirt in front of us turned to his kids and hissed We're leaving and noted that "none of this is right" as they filed out.

I shoulda left with them frankly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only good theater moment I had was a bunch of kids crying and leaving with their parents during Ang Lee's Hulk.

Why was that movie marketed to 8-year olds.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Get Out is so loving good I wanna write an essay, or perhaps just a sonnet.

Safety Factor posted:

That's not what I was confused about. Why would you ever talk classic movies with a lovely anime dude and think their opinion on the subject holds any weight whatsoever? At least you're aware he's wrong.

Go watch Twelve Angry Men.

She, and she's comically terrible. She once dated a Nazi and talks openly about hentai.

CPL593H posted:

How does this list not include Falling Down?

gently caress

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow gently caress. Already feeling lovely today, wanted to leave they gave me one last delivery 30 minutes away in the loving mountains, and then a freak snowstorm happened and now I'm stuck waiting for someone to tow me out. I literally cannot move my car anywhere.

gently caress all
Things

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I always liked the couple in front of me who violently dissed Tree of Life on the way out of the theater. "What the hell was that?" "That wasn't even a movie."

Oh sorry about that I was just in a really bad mood that day

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Wow gently caress. Already feeling lovely today, wanted to leave they gave me one last delivery 30 minutes away in the loving mountains, and then a freak snowstorm happened and now I'm stuck waiting for someone to tow me out. I literally cannot move my car anywhere.

gently caress all
Things

RIP CelticPredator, got et by a wendigo and/or Krampus.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

She, and she's comically terrible. She once dated a Nazi and talks openly about hentai.

Wow. I used to be a liberal (voted for Obama twice in fact) but hating people just because they have different opinions is Not. Ok.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

FishBulb posted:

Oh sorry about that I was just in a really bad mood that day

So bad you became two people, equally frustrated with Terrence Malick's notions about storytelling.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In mean literally out in the middle of nowhere

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Glamorama26 posted:

My favorite theater crowd moment was about an hour into Green Lantern. This dude in a Lantern shirt in front of us turned to his kids and hissed We're leaving and noted that "none of this is right" as they filed out.

I shoulda left with them frankly.

My Green Lantern movie moment was realizing fifteen minutes after the fact that by waving to the two friends of mine who went to see it, I was inadvertently interfering with their date night.

(And yes, I had a Lantern shirt on, because otherwise Lantern shirts are at-home-where-only-your-partner-can-mock-you-for-wearing-it shirts.)

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I like to imagine MisterBibs wears fake muscles under his green lantern shirt

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
My favourite movie audience experience was probably two drunken jarheads getting into a brawl during Avatar.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stay safe CP.

I'm pretty happy that people in my town have good theatre etiquette. So the only good story I have is from when I attended the midnight screening of Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. It was a week away from The Dark Knight, and I was 19, me and my friend were at the theatre practically every week for a midnight release that summer. I miss those days. Anyway, midnight finally hit, the previews got done, the movie started. The first scene was Brenden Frasier brushing his teeth. They put in the reel for Journey to the Center of the Earth on accident. The audience was understandably livid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am watching I Don't Feel at Home in the World Anymore and its really loving good. It's on Netflix.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

plz dont pull out posted:

Wow. I used to be a liberal (voted for Obama twice in fact) but hating people just because they have different opinions is Not. Ok.

She acts and talks like she thinks she's an anime and once bodyshamed Daniel Radcliffe AND Robert Pattinson.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Have any of them bumped into your gigantic head yet

Do you mean I'm full of myself or are you just mocking my hydrocephalus?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I want to say I miss the days of accidental reel splices, but now we get theaters full of children being blasted with, like, hardcore violence because someone misclicked so it evens out, really.

edit:

Budgie Jumping posted:

Do you mean I'm full of myself or are you just mocking my hydrocephalus?

no I just like making purposefully vague insults

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Also the audience I was in for Get Out was fantastic. I may have gotten swept up and clapped along.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

So bad you became two people, equally frustrated with Terrence Malick's notions about storytelling.

Yeah I hated that movie that much

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

no I just like making purposefully vague insults

Well your so-called vague insult cut me to the core in more ways than you could have imagined.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

She acts and talks like she thinks she's an anime and once bodyshamed Daniel Radcliffe AND Robert Pattinson.

Does she do the anime run

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I hated that movie that much

"And in the anaphase process, the chromosomes are exposed to Terrence Malick's Tree of Life..."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

"That was the worst loving movie I've ever seen." The moment Spring Breakers ended is my favorite theater outburst.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People threw popcorn and booed at the end of Cloverfield.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

I've had people judge me because I find Daniel Radcliffe attractive (especially bearded Daniel Radcliffe).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How are you gonna have a summer movie list without Predator 2. Or was that movie not liked? Cause I think it's loving great.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CPL593H posted:

I've had people judge me because I find Daniel Radcliffe attractive (especially bearded Daniel Radcliffe).

He's cute but he needs to like, eat a sandwich.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like it more than the original, as a whole. But the second half of Predator is one of my all time favorite films.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, I really love Predator 2.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I saw a Thursday night preview showing of Pain & Gain and I guess there was one woman who was just too impatient at the end and started talking loudly and then got in a very loud argument with someone who told her to shut up. This was like, 15 minutes before the end. I probably could have gotten a free pass but I just brushed it off.

Also, I worked in the (very old, very rich, very white) northern Chicago suburbs, and when we had Gone Girl there was nothing I loved more than holding the door open after the show and hearing people bitch about it after it ended. Normally the olds would sit and watch the credits (much to our annoyance) but the end of Gone Girl, combined with the score that played over the credits got everyone out of the theater nice and quick.

CPL593H posted:

If I were gay I'd totally date him. He seems very funny, and he's quite short.

I mean, I'd date him now but my whole heart wouldn't really be in it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

He's cute but he needs to like, eat a sandwich.

I like skinny beardy guys though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

plz dont pull out posted:

Does she do the anime run

Do you mean this:

or this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All the cool weapons are in Predator 2

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CPL593H posted:

I like skinny beardy guys though.

The beard is good but I need the chunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

All the cool weapons are in Predator 2

Predator 2 is a lot like Rambo 2, in terms of contribution to the pop culture knowledge of the titular character.

• Locked thread