Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

Probably took it as to mean "Can't get laid" rather than "lays with dudes"

Also, Confirmed Bachelor: Because gay people can't get married?

the game's pre war setting is neo-1950s so yeah

I knew what it meant and didn't know it wasn't common parlance but I also am in my mid 30s and watched a lot of old TV on cable growing up so shrugtimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I grew up in Southeast Asia, and with no idea of what 1950's American slang terms were, and I still got that Confirmed Bachelor referred to being a gay man thanks to the picture.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Man vs. speed bump

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

doverhog posted:

Wool is considered flame retardant, and used to (is?) be worn for firefighting.

From a page or so back, but just popping in quick to say our bunker gear is a mixture of Nomex and Kevlar. Duty uniforms are 100% cotton, and super lovely because we look vaguely like cops.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ak Gara posted:

It's a phrase they goes back a very very long time that was used as a polite term for gay men. In much the same way that a friend of Dorothy doesn't necessarily mean a woman has a friend named Dorothy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fart of Presto posted:

Man vs. speed bump

That man is dead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Azhais posted:

It's a phrase they goes back a very very long time that was used as a polite term for gay men. In much the same way that a friend of Dorothy doesn't necessarily mean a woman has a friend named Dorothy.

Oh yeah smart guy? Well what did "a friend of Dorothy" mean before The Wizard of Oz came out? Check. Mate. :smug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Not quite. It's "confirmed" in the sense of being "confirmed" as a lifelong member of a group or organization. Like when a Catholic kid is thirteen and they have their first communion in an event called their confirmation, and from then on they're a Catholic for life.

The confirmed bachelor is a bachelor who's decided to stay that way forever, never getting married and just hanging out with his roommate Greg all the time.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Fart of Presto posted:

Man vs. speed bump

Is anyone else seeing a growing pool of blood once he falls?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is anyone else seeing a growing pool of blood once he falls?

Think that's his hat.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

That girl had the perfect opportunity to say "Now i look like Rick James.. Bitch."
And she loving blew it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Azhais posted:

I had to google Friend of Dorothy as I've never heard that before. Hell I might have selected that trait thinking it was along the lines of the Mysterious Stranger perk.

Sagebrush posted:

Not quite. It's "confirmed" in the sense of being "confirmed" as a lifelong member of a group or organization. Like when a Catholic kid is thirteen and they have their first communion in an event called their confirmation, and from then on they're a Catholic for life.

The confirmed bachelor is a bachelor who's decided to stay that way forever, never getting married and just hanging out with his roommate Greg all the time.

Totally, nothing wrong with some Bro time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVxgALBAyA

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A very special schadenfreude:

People on Reddit pay way too god damned much for cell service

:catstare:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Merijn posted:

I request a megapost with all the dogs humping people who fell so far. My phone just broke, so cute dogs are a must.

Money in the bark ladder match

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

They claim that they had a lot of overages on their plan.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Sagebrush posted:

Sometimes Greg and he pray together very loudly!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

They claim that they had a lot of overages on their plan.

on the goog that'd be, what, $55/mo with unlimited text/voice and an extra $10 for each gig after?

I'm on an AT&T contract and they're not exactly doing my any favors but goddamn I'd have to tether and torrent for a week to hit that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently,

I don't know how the gently caress this guy could have gone years paying thousands of dollars for SMS and talk-time overage fees, somehow not once seeing or reacting to one of the ubiquitous ads from every single carrier offering unlimited this and that for 50 dollars a month.

Does he think he's one of those ubermenschen who doesn't respond to advertising? Did he assume the companies were all lying? Did he think that, every time he went into the Verizon store, they would surely have told him if he was overpaying for his service if there was a cheaper option?

:psyduck:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Ahahaha that guy was making a car payment every month towards his cell phone

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Most likely just some rich as gently caress dude who, if you were to ask him how much bread costs at the supermarket, would be like "ah jeez... Well.. I pay my cook somewhere between 4 and 10k a month.. so maybe... A couple hundred bucks? For a loaf? Is that a lot, or too little? Maybe it's too much.."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Most likely just some rich as gently caress dude who, if you were to ask him how much bread costs at the supermarket, would be like "ah jeez... Well.. I pay my cook somewhere between 4 and 10k a month.. so maybe... A couple hundred bucks? For a loaf? Is that a lot, or too little? Maybe it's too much.."

How much can a banana cost? $10?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

When I worked for Cingular, I had a guy come in who wouldn't pay his bill until it his service got cut off. So every month he'd be paying late fees and multiple reconnect fees ($36 per line, and I think he had at least 3 lines). The money wasn't an issue for him, and for some reason setting up automatic payments, or just remembering to pay his bill on time, wasn't worth it to him.

It did become a problem when he wanted to add international services, and they refused to give it to him because of his payment history. He wound up having a friend open a line for him for that one.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

apparently,

I don't know how the gently caress this guy could have gone years paying thousands of dollars for SMS and talk-time overage fees, somehow not once seeing or reacting to one of the ubiquitous ads from every single carrier offering unlimited this and that for 50 dollars a month.

Does he think he's one of those ubermenschen who doesn't respond to advertising? Did he assume the companies were all lying? Did he think that, every time he went into the Verizon store, they would surely have told him if he was overpaying for his service if there was a cheaper option?

:psyduck:

God drat that guy loves giving Verizon money.

They should give him branded fanny packs and poo poo like the cigarette companies used to

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

this is why we need to tax the poo poo out of them, better it help pay someone's rent than get sucked into the Verizon hole

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

$500 data plan? That's like a steal up her and ice America.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

$500 data plan? That's like a steal up her and ice America.

Aw poo poo, I've gotten old enough that I can't tell anymore if something is slang or typos.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Had that guy just not walked into a Verizon store for ten years? Every time I go in for a new phone, they guy looks up my account and tells me about some new plan that will save me money, or give me more stuff for the same amount.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:iceburn:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Some prime laconic slammery

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just saw that tweet a minute ago and Trump has a little over 100K likes and Sanders has almost 275k

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Garrand posted:

I just saw that tweet a minute ago and Trump has a little over 100K likes and Sanders has almost 275k

Showing once again that Bernie would have won.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

As an outsider, why not a single person in the white house has middlemanned trumps twitter is beyond me

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Because Trump wont allow that. Are you gonna be the guy that tells him no? Bravely done, you are out, and can whine about it later.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Thats true. Twitter is bleeding cash anyway so only a matter of time until his mouthpiece is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless