Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tumble posted:

it's pretty obvious Trump is not a god-fearing Christian man
just lol'd again thinking about that ceremonial church thing he had to go to after his inauguration where he was fidgeting like a coke fiend because he absolutely hated being there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tumble posted:

because they voted for party rather than actual politics, and they had to hop on board the Trump train to do so. Trump is obviously unhinged now, and he was obviously unhinged when he ran, but for whatever reason a lot of republicans and conservatives seem to follow blindly if they're told a candidate is on "their side". I hate typing such biased things, but it's pretty obvious Trump is not a god-fearing Christian man, nor does he have much respect for blue-collar laborers beyond being willing to sign a bill "protecting coal jobs" though he certainly doesn't know what that means.

Now that Trump's fumbling around in office and making some really stupid errors, the options are either: admit you were taken in by somebody who doesn't actually know what they're doing, or: double down on your choice and choose to believe you made the correct choice and it must be a conspiracy that all of the skeletons in Trumps closet are being pulled out into view.

It does seem cultlike at first glance, but support for Trump is eroding. It's tough for people to admit they got scammed - they get a sort of Stockholm Syndrome, in that everybody thinks everybody else are the naive ones. Trump supporters are the same way, they just happen to have a good little echo chamber going for the moment.

also as to your post as a whole, I feel like this has some relation to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_wJAS2cnI&hd=1

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

lol it kind of blows my mind talking to Americans who don't think their country is a joke

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It wasn't always a joke :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Calico Heart posted:

lol it kind of blows my mind talking to Americans who don't think their country is a joke
It's less of a joke the closer to cities you get, generally. Get out towards rural areas though and

well

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

settle down bevis

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Tumble posted:

It wasn't always a joke :(

So you're saying I needs to be made great again?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835465719970217984

fresh morning lols

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
has he already forgotten about the florida rally??

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

likely yes

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

i want to see more appearances by that guy trump pulled on stage who says he salutes a cardboard trump every morning

gently caress it, make that guy vp

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Kjoery posted:

only because the pictures of the florida rally crowd haven't come back from the frame shop yet

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Trump woke up w. A hardon and started stroking his tiny PenOr to the thought of 25 million people cheering for him at a trump rally. Then, after a weak climax, he tweeted about it. That's a lol.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Viruswithshoes posted:

All lols aside for just a moment, but does anybody else see the start of a Trump cult on a mass scale starting here? His hardcore supporters following all that he does no matter how increasingly outlandish or crazy his behaviour becomes because they've invested too much in him to turn back now...

also: lol

Abs(l)olutely. I came to that realization a couple weeks ago and got really excited that this could potentially end in nationwide mass suicide.

El oh el.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lol that pence is basically a janitor that has to clean up every time trump shits his diapers and also lol that every other country says "we don't believe a word you say, because trump will completely contradict you tomorrow in a tweet"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Minimalist Program posted:

Trump woke up w. A hardon and started stroking his tiny PenOr to the thought of 25 million people cheering for him at a trump rally. Then, after a weak climax, he tweeted about it. That's a lol.

Trump is on too many stimulants for this lol

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Minimalist Program posted:

lol that you think trump can still get a boner

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jose posted:

Trump is on too many stimulants for this lol
Early morning lol from my bunker in the American heartland

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Big Lols radiating from this thread!!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

even the nazis wouldn't sell their country out to russia

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lol that general mattis only got his job because he has a cool nickname that trump likes repeating

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Kjoery posted:

he probably doesn't remember what he had for breakfast this morning

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Fox News continues to focus on the debate about how immigration is breaking Sweden. One guest last night, described as a ”Swedish defense and national security advisor”, spoke about the problems caused by criminality in Swedish cities and suburbs. But neither the Swedish Defense Ministry nor Foreign Office have heard of the expert. Nils Bildt, who called for an “open and honest” debate on crime, has previously been convicted of a violent offence in the United States.

hmm...

You missed the best part, where he is asked about the year he spent in prison for violently assaulting a police officer, and his response was "I can't comment because I am not aware of the allegations".

He's not aware if he spent a year in prison or not? Lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This makes me think of a comic book I read once where a KKK grand wizard-type villain(?) dude in a green hooded getup got this huge following going among the populace, then gathered a shitload of followers all in one room, sealed all the doors, a bulletproof glass screen came down in front of him, and then he gassed them all to death. Someone probably knows what scene I'm talking about.

What if this is a long con and Trump is going to kill all his most dedicated followers in one fell swoop. He is, after all, a comic book villain.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Captain Invictus posted:

This makes me think of a comic book I read once where a KKK grand wizard-type villain(?) dude in a green hooded getup got this huge following going among the populace, then gathered a shitload of followers all in one room, sealed all the doors, a bulletproof glass screen came down in front of him, and then he gassed them all to death. Someone probably knows what scene I'm talking about.

What if this is a long con and Trump is going to kill all his most dedicated followers in one fell swoop. He is, after all, a comic book villain.

Hopefully a few years from now, instead of saying people "drank the Kool-Aid" we can say they "ate the Trump steaks".

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Hopefully a few years from now, instead of saying people "drank the Kool-Aid" we can say they "ate the Trump steaks".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVU684nnK4&t=44s

i remember in the primaries, the media outlet i watched covering this actually did multiple slow pans over the steaks & wine. it was so good lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

is donald feeling lpnely again? wasnt there just a rally last weekend

do u know jenny posted:

You missed the best part, where he is asked about the year he spent in prison for violently assaulting a police officer, and his response was "I can't comment because I am not aware of the allegations".

He's not aware if he spent a year in prison or not? Lol

surely the hard hitting journalists on fox news didnt let the guy get away with that !!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol that trump sells/sold alcohol despite being entirely opposed to it

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Captain Invictus posted:

lol that trump sells/sold alcohol despite being entirely opposed to it

He also sold steaks despite only eating meatloaf

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

this entire presidential campaign + presidency, as a movie script, would probably have gotten rejected because it's too outlandish for an audience to buy into

and yet it's true

lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

like, i can suspend my disbelief for long enough to enjoy fairytale-bullshit like dudes nuking the sun in order to restart it, but president pussygrab's rise to power would have made me leave the theater lmao

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Dizz posted:

He also sold steaks despite only being meatloaf

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The man is 100% loaf and oh also the ruler of the free world.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Today I loled because I'm having to tell foreigners "Don't think it can't happen in your country."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol and behold, the president of the us, don trump

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is this the worst america has ever been conned ?

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

thathonkey posted:

lol when you realize that Trump voters are the reason poo poo like Amway and every other MLM scheme are still a thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

thathonkey posted:

There was the time France convinced us that helping them hold onto one of their small southeast Asian colonies was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

thathonkey posted:

What about that time Columbus was tricked into sailing off the edge of the planet but accidentally found this native land?