Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i've been out of the loop regarding the dnc chair election, so i've got some questions:

1)who does cspam think is going to win this thing?

2)this buttigieg guy's meme powers seem pretty strong, but is he actually a good dem or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/keeponpolling/status/835256531532845056
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/835221273340952581

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i've been out of the loop regarding the dnc chair election, so i've got some questions:

2)this buttigieg guy's meme powers seem pretty strong, but is he actually a good dem or no?

The DNC chair being elected by party means Perez will win, especially since the Obama administration says Perez is their pick and is doing everything possible make sure Ellison is defeated.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

the democrats youtube channel was livestreaming then shut down

donna brazille!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Perez won extensive late breaking support Friday, including an Iowa delegation that was voting as a bloc — and was waiting to see who looked like a clear winner, as insurance to preserve the state's caucuses as the first presidential primary contest
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/dnc-chair-democrats-235373

holy poo poo gently caress off Iowa

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

blue squares posted:

the democrats youtube channel was livestreaming then shut down

donna brazille!!
no its putin

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

i cant stop thinking about big butt(igieg)s, also has perez won yet?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

Perez won extensive late breaking support Friday, including an Iowa delegation that was voting as a bloc — and was waiting to see who looked like a clear winner, as insurance to preserve the state's caucuses as the first presidential primary contest

I have never wanted to make California vote first more than I do right now

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm loving this official DNC livestream, such a great organization

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i don't blame iowa, 60% of their economy comes from political campaigns every 4 years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

i don't blame iowa, 60% of their economy comes from political campaigns every 4 years

pork chop on a stick is consequently a 4 billion dollar a year industry there

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

blue squares posted:

Thank you Donna

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fuckin lol peter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
president ted cruz couldn't make Iowa fly-to country

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hi thread, I'm jetlagged in LAX waiting on my connecting flight and trying to shake off my red-eye sleeping pill, and I thought of you when this Facebook post made me real mad while half-asleep on a taxiing airplane

someone who changed their Facebook surname to Hillary on election night and still hasn't changed it back yet posted:

Ugh I hope social media isn't giving me a true picture of reality here, but I sadly think in this case it's dead-on: Apparently conservatives are 100% united in wanting to eliminate transgender rights and reproductive rights, then destroy environmental, educational, and economic safeguards beyond repair. Liberals, broadly speaking, are busy arguing over whether anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders is a corporate shill neoliberal anti-environment establishment hack or not. We're doomed. Night all!

To paraphrase: "conservatives have united around a strong, uncompromising interpretation of their ideology, and I am mad that some liberals are trying to do the same thing :mad:"

Clearly we just need to unite around wishy-washy centrism, again. Not only will that totally work this time but it is our only hope somehow.

How have people still not figured this out??? God I need coffee

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

etalian posted:

The DNC chair being elected by party means Perez will win, especially since the Obama administration says Perez is their pick and is doing everything possible make sure Ellison is defeated.

blue squares posted:

blue squares posted:

lmao classic democrats :downsbravo:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this wouldn't have happened if the bad dems would have bowed out and redeemed themselves by backing the only backable candidate, peter buttigieg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maybe you guys should be thankful to obama for working to destroy the democratic party from the inside

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling how a worthless flyover state like Iowa is allowed to go first and feel like it actually matters for a few months.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another reminder that Bernie is cool and good

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/835488569850494976

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

etalian posted:

Another reminder that Bernie is cool and good

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/835488569850494976

:bern101:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I do have to respect that a standing Senator challenged people "Vote me out. Vote me out!"

The other 99 Senators don't have remotely the gonads to do that

West Virginia is pretty conservative, Manchin has absolutely nothing to worry about from the left

even if he gets primaried he'll just pull a Lieberman

UV_Catastrophe posted:

1) lol

2) he's the best dem

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm incredibly disappointed someone didn't go "nice meltdown" to manchin during that phone call

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

lolling how a worthless flyover state like Iowa is allowed to go first and feel like it actually matters for a few months.

other than hog lagoons it's all they have

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's a little inaccurate -- it's missing his name across the top and the gold-plated everything.

never mind that brutalist architecture conveys a much better aestheitic sense than anything associated with trump to begin with.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

other than hog lagoons it's all they have

Imagine being a politician and being forced to pretend to care about Iowans and their corn dogs for three whole months.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Looking forward to the DNC stepping on their dick today

https://twitter.com/randazzoj/status/835466096094367746

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Looking forward to the DNC stepping on their dick today

https://twitter.com/randazzoj/status/835466096094367746

hahahahahah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Democratic Party: We Hate to Win!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
This was some selective editing; both people quoted were saying Democrats need to give them a reason to vote for Democrats

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

He gets paid to do this right?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
twitter has made phone editing an artform

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
see i would back a candidate that promised to nuke iowa but they wouldn't get past iowa and will be deemed a not serious candidate :shrug:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Hi thread, I'm jetlagged in LAX waiting on my connecting flight and trying to shake off my red-eye sleeping pill, and I thought of you when this Facebook post made me real mad while half-asleep on a taxiing airplane

To paraphrase: "conservatives have united around a strong, uncompromising interpretation of their ideology, and I am mad that some liberals are trying to do the same thing :mad:"

Clearly we just need to unite around wishy-washy centrism, again. Not only will that totally work this time but it is our only hope somehow.

How have people still not figured this out??? God I need coffee

But that's extremely authoritarian :ohdear:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The democrat establishment is basically a big MLM scheme just to make sure political consultants rake in big cash.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
buttigieg has provided comfortable seat cushions as a subtle "vote for buttigieg" ploy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

The democrat establishment is basically a big MLM scheme just to make sure political consultants rake in big cash.

This

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

buttigieg has provided comfortable seat cushions as a subtle "vote for buttigieg" ploy

a horrible error, theyll forget about their butts now. You gotta give em something that will make them think about butts all day like a sir mixalot cd or taco bell

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Buttigieg or death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I've been promised a black muslim communist for 8 years, someone better finally deliver.

• Locked thread