Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
perez sucks because him and ellison have colluded to further flood the DNC with DAVID BROCK DOLLARS

smh dems not voting for the only sensible choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

for real tho why is perez bad? afaik he did a great job as sec. of labor

He is

1: the candidate of the establishment who hosed up and think it ain't their fault and

2:He's running because a bunch of establishment fuckwits told him to. I want someone who can motivate themselves.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

if buttigieg doesn't get the chair i'm never voting dem again and i will also vote republican for 666 cycles straight to spite them

wow same

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

David Brock is the Democrat Bannon

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

but but but citizen's united isn't illegal!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Excited for the Kaine/Booker ticket in 2020 sponsored by Verizon Wireless

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

logikv9 posted:

i'm never voting dem again

this, but unironically

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CharlestonJew posted:

It's Booker/Kaine

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Ellison doesn't get it then it shows that there has been a total breakdown between dems currently IN OFFICE and dems that are not. Cause like the only people backin' Perez are fail losers currently out of office.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

CharlestonJew posted:

four more years bby :smugdon:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

CharlestonJew posted:

Lol Kaine has his week of fame, now he's back to being a complete nobody. It'd probably be more like Chelsea Clinton / Booker because they really are stupid enough to run another clinton.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Buttigieg / Buttigieg 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Venom Snake posted:

If Ellison doesn't get it then it shows that there has been a total breakdown between dems currently IN OFFICE and dems that are not. Cause like the only people backin' Perez are fail losers currently out of office.

:prepop: Welcome to the light, Venom Snake.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

is there a law that says you can't run for president and vp at the same time

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol Kaine has his week of fame, now he's back to being a complete nobody. It'd probably be more like Chelsea Clinton / Booker because they really are stupid enough to run another clinton.

Manchin/Booker 2020: We're Basically Republicans

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
when chuck loving schumer doesn't want to back your lovely chair candidate maybe that says something about how people currently in office feel about the leftwing base

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

other than Hillary 2 every anointed "next pres candidate" prior to debates has tanked when they actually started so here's hoping we don't actually get bookerman

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

when chuck loving schumer doesn't want to back your lovely chair candidate maybe that says something about how people currently in office feel about the leftwing base

pretty much, Chuck near instantly getting on the Ellison train right after the election should have been a sign to everyone that he was the right way.

Well, him or Buttman.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

:prepop: Welcome to the light, Venom Snake.

Iv been feeling the bern (ing man) since Nov 8th, gently caress these dumbass fail-politic poo poo kickers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

weekly font posted:

other than Hillary 2 every anointed "next pres candidate" prior to debates has tanked when they actually started so here's hoping we don't actually get bookerman

I wouldn't mind Hillary stalking horse keeping Booker from announcing his candidacy tho and then she doesn't run lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ultimately what matters most is that the burning army has taken over local parties every were. You can vote in buttgeiger or timmithy pezdispenser but that doesn't change the fact the base is radicalizing

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Venom Snake posted:

so are we watching the death of the democratic party right now, and the 1000 year reign of the GOP?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

this except 20buttgieg

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Venom Snake posted:

Iv been feeling the bern (ing man) since Nov 8th, gently caress these dumbass fail-politic poo poo kickers.

this is why Buttigieg is the only answer

he's the only one running for DNC chair that isn't tainted by David Brock

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
did buttigieg win yet, asking for the future of the country

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

changing my registration from Dem to something else let's burn this motherfucker to the ground

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

Ultimately what matters most is that the burning army has taken over local parties every were. You can vote in buttgeiger or timmithy pezdispenser but that doesn't change the fact the base is radicalizing

Ill believe it when they show up and vote

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

I worry the quality of candidates leading the party at the national level becomes a tired retread of 2010-14 and seeing the same cast of characters pretend to be excited about losers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Squizzle posted:

this except 20buttgieg

Buttgieg/Buttgieg ButtgiegButtgieg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Show me a Perez supporter and I'll show you a guy who can't stop eating their own poo poo on a plate with hillarys face on it.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

the biggest crisis of my life happened a few minutes ago
my steamed dimsum was ready
and my anime torrents were not :cry:

You can avoid such mishaps in the future by streaming.

Here's a good site. http://kissanime.ru

If the quality isn't good enough (It's usually fine) you can always torrent in the background. :thumbsup:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Venom Snake posted:

now if they can only show the gently caress up to the polls on the regular

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

so are we watching the death of the democratic party right now, and the 1000 year reign of the GOP?

no, like I said the DNC can suck it's own dick till it chokes but the very decentralized nature of the democratic party means that the bottom up take over that the leftwing is currently doing cannot be stopped.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

RUM HAM posted:

changing my registration from Dem to something else let's burn this motherfucker to the ground

im changing my registration to a giegistration, of the butti kind

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Ill believe it when they show up and vote

They already have. You don't take over local parties without showing up and voting the old people out. Quite literally down here :D

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my anacondigieg dont wantigieg unless your votin for buttigieg

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Agrajag posted:

eh, go look up the whigs and try to extrapolate from there.

my guess is that if the Dems keep looking at the same playbook, they get destroyed in 2018 and 2020, and slowly die over the course of the 2020s as an insurgent collation forms a 3rd party after the 2024 elections.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

I wouldn't call increased participation and motivation radicalization. Unless there are waves of coordinated bomb threats aimed at conservative fundie locations I'm unaware of.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bethamphetamine posted:

I wouldn't call increased participation and motivation radicalization. Unless there are waves of coordinated bomb threats aimed at conservative fundie locations I'm unaware of.

Trump administration is radicalizing Democratic voters, creating a challenge for the party, Rep. Adam Schiff says

As protests spread over policy announcements from the Trump administration, Democrats must work to encourage participation in politics, but face a danger of the party becoming too radicalized, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) said Tuesday.

“The radical nature of this government is radicalizing Democrats, and that’s going to pose a real challenge to the Democratic Party, which is to draw on the energy and the activism and the passion that is out there, but not let it turn us into what we despised about the tea party," Schiff said.

january 31st, 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rookoo posted:

You can avoid such mishaps in the future by streaming.

Here's a good site. http://kissanime.ru

If the quality isn't good enough (It's usually fine) you can always torrent in the background. :thumbsup:

i use the poo poo out of that site

• Locked thread