Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

democrats are unlikeable and a massive failure of a party, holy poo poo i hate them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

The Zach calling her out moment owned so much after the bad dems had a weepy excuse session at DNC HQ.

People still insult that guy on twitter, without realizing it was horrific Dem campaigning since Obama took office that cost Dems everything everywhere not merely in the 2016 election. Zach was right to be angry, how could anybody not be angry that we were all hosed over because it was all riding on winning the presidency?

Zach's message lives on, even if Zach has vanished.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

not sure why anyone expected them to?

so, what the gently caress do dems stand for nowadays? sucking off corporatism and claiming credit for civil rights fights they refuse to participate in?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jstein_vox/status/835532656217636865

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

we're accelerating straight into buttigieg

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

What ballot does Mayor Butt win on?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Condiv posted:

so, what the gently caress do dems stand for nowadays?

Being less bad than the republicans

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

People still insult that guy on twitter, without realizing it was horrific Dem campaigning since Obama took office that cost Dems everything everywhere not merely in the 2016 election. Zach was right to be angry, how could anybody not be angry that we were all hosed over because it was all riding on winning the presidency?

Zach's message lives on, even if Zach has vanished.

Yeah it's impossible to have any sort of optimism given how GOP now controls Congress, executive branch, half of state govs and also will get to replace the croaked Scalia with another Scalia clone.

Also the the bad dems and CC's main takeaway from getting humilated in the ballot box is they should continue to reuse the same failed campaign strategy and tactics.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who is zach

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

It's called good optics.

what, is that a kind of caviar that poor people eat or something?

Condiv posted:

so, what the gently caress do dems stand for nowadays? sucking off corporatism and claiming credit for civil rights fights they refuse to participate in?

not being Republicans, not being actively hostile to (most of) the demographics in their big tent

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

And the DNC chair is...the desiccated remains of LBJ's penis!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
four more years of dws

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

staying alive, really?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who is zach

He was DNC staffer who roasted Donna Brazile at the DNC HQ after she gave a lame speech the day after Trump won

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8

quote:

On Thursday, Democratic Party officials held their first staff meeting since Hillary Clinton’s stunning loss to Donald Trump in the presidential race. It didn’t go well.

Donna Brazile, the interim leader of the Democratic National Committee, was giving what one attendee described as “a rip-roaring speech” to about 150 employees, about the need to have hope for wins going forward, when a staffer identified only as Zach stood up with a question.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this?” he asked, according to two people in the room. “You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend [former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz] plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself.”

Some DNC staffers started to boo and some told him to sit down. Brazile began to answer, but Zach had more to say.

“You are part of the problem,” he continued, blaming Brazile for clearing the path for Trump’s victory by siding with Clinton early on. “You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy.”

Zach gathered his things and began to walk out. When Brazile called after him, asking where he was going, he told her to go outside and “tell people there” why she should be leading the party.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

not being Republicans, not being actively hostile to (most of) the demographics in their big tent

it's sad that hillary dems have hollowed out the party this much

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

????

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

etalian posted:

He was DNC staffer who roasted Donna Brazile at the DNC HQ after she gave a lame speech the day after Trump won

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8

this guy is cool, just like bernie and buttigieg

Comrade Cheggorsky has issued a correction as of 18:05 on Feb 25, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Go Mayor Buttrock!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hillary Clinton, was, is, and will forever be a cancer.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/collinrees/status/835528226025897990?ref_src=tw

it's sad that hillary dems have hollowed out the party so much that we have clean coal lobbyists palling around with us and giving speeches to our leaders about the drat dnc chair frontrunner

Marie Furie
Nov 11, 2016

read yesterday that Buttigieg said a large number of DNC voters have told him he's their choice if this thing goes to a second ballot

who knows, and this is definitely Perez's race to lose, but I want to buttibelieve

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Condiv posted:

democrats aren't real

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

it's sad that hillary dems have hollowed out the party so much that we have clean coal lobbyists palling around with us

what's hollow?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

it's sad that hillary dems have hollowed out the party so much that we have clean coal lobbyists palling around with us and giving speeches to our leaders about the drat dnc chair frontrunner

Replace the donkey with the It's Fine dog.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Marie Furie posted:

read yesterday that Buttigieg said a large number of DNC voters have told him he's their choice if this thing goes to a second ballot

who knows, and this is definitely Perez's race to lose, but I want to buttibelieve

Buttgieg is a butt I can believe in.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

what's hollow?

our principles. they're bought and paid for by the highest bidder

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

what's hollow?

The awe inspiring organizational rot and corruption in the DNC.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I have bad news that non bernie voters exist and are real and dumb and we probably want their votes to not be in fachitopia forever. doesn't mean they need to lead the dnc

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who tries to advocate for 'clean coal' with a straight face should be shot in said face.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

etalian posted:

The awe inspiring organizational rot and corruption in the DNC.

it's okay i guess

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

whats second ballot

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

whats second ballot

Nobody gets a majority on the 1st ballot

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

I have bad news that non bernie voters exist and are real and dumb and we probably want their votes to not be in fachitopia forever. doesn't mean they need to lead the dnc

and yet their buddies are almost certainly going to. the idiots who love clean coal and oil pipelines and supply-side economics are in charge of the party and would rather have fachitopia than give up even one of their ill-informed ideas on how the world should work

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

and yet their buddies are almost certainly going to. the idiots who love clean coal and oil pipelines and supply-side economics are in charge of the party and would rather have fachitopia than give up even one of their ill-informed ideas on how the world should work

loving owned

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Pollyanna posted:

whats second ballot

if no-one has a straight majority the first polling they do a second one while people try to consolidate around a compromise

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nobody gets a majority on the 1st ballot

so this is basically like preferential voting/instant runoff?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Marie Furie posted:

Perez has good experience with losing an easy race

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i want my coal as dirty as possible

just nasty, dirty coal

rub it on my tummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pollyanna posted:

whats second ballot

like second breakfast for nerds

Pollyanna posted:

so this is basically like preferential voting/instant runoff?

yea

• Locked thread