Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Because they're afraid having a muslim as the face of the party is too much for white america to handle?

Seems weird coming from the same branch of the party that got a black man with the name Barack Hussein Obama elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

Seems weird coming from the same branch of the party that got a black man with the name Barack Hussein Obama elected.

Yeah, but look how that worked out

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, but look how that worked out

If you're saying that Obama wasn't worth it due to the backlash, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
So who's ready to watch the DNC hit themselves in the crotch with a hammer for absolutely no reason at all today

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Im not ready for it because i want democrats to reform and win and im deathly afraid of a future with a clintonite golem as dnc chairman

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good thing there's nobody in the Clinton sphere in the running then

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Aside from Perez.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

If you're saying that Obama wasn't worth it due to the backlash, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Is Keith Ellison a next Obama?

FWIW I'd be happy with either Ellison or Perez, they both seem like legit good progressive choices if you strip away all the hype-campaign bullshit around each of them.

But it's hardly irrational for the DNC to look at this past election cycle and go "ok, maybe America isn't ready for a muslim DNC chair." Maybe that calculation is immoral, but it's not irrational.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 25, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/835513462130421761

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blackguy32 posted:

Why does it have to be that? Why can't they just have faith in him to do a good job and they know the kind of work he does?

Why does everything have to be some sort of grand conspiracy?

As spectators, we're all operating on incomplete information. But from the outside, we can see that Perez has already caved to the loyalists once in this campaign for DNC chair. Ellison seems much less tractable.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kingfish posted:

Aside from Perez.

Yes, "new friend" means he's not from Clintonworld

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

As spectators, we're all operating on incomplete information. But from the outside, we can see that Perez has already caved to the loyalists once in this campaign for DNC chair. Ellison seems much less tractable.

(ignoring Chuck Schumer and Israel)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

oh my the same conservatives who see communists under their bed and in their cereal thought perez was too progressive that sure is convincing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Perez is fine in a vacuum, but I think it's a bit obtuse to pretend this DNC chairmanship hasn't become—fairly or unfairly—a symbol of the party's future.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Yes, "new friend" means he's not from Clintonworld

"New friend" meaning he's now in Clintonworld.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lmao why is this thread being downvoted so hard?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

fsif posted:

Tom Perez is fine in a vacuum, but I think it's a bit obtuse to pretend this DNC chairmanship hasn't become—fairly or unfairly—a symbol of the party's future.

Does that matter?

Like, serious question: is the anti-Trump wave going to collapse just because Perez steps in as DNC chair?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the establishment has it out for keith!!!!

https://twitter.com/chuckschumer/status/835494062862008320

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Does that matter?

Like, serious question: is the anti-Trump wave going to collapse just because Perez steps in as DNC chair?

No, and I admit it's a small (though not insignificant) portion of the electorate that even cares.

But there's no upside to nominating Tom Perez (unless you truly believe Ellison is incapable of handling the position) and it's likely his election could make things dicier for the Dems around primary time.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I guess this is a good place to remind people that your town has a DTC, its members are elected, and you can run to be on it if you wish. Often you can get in if like, four people vote for you.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Perez is corrupt.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

agreed he has been bought out by Big Labor, disgusting imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They can't even get a ban on lobbyist money passed lol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

agreed he has been bought out by Big Labor, disgusting imo

Labor supporting Perez is corrupt. Time to smash the police unions backing Perez.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

Perez is corrupt.

cite plz

Like seriously why do you think this, is it just that Obama supports him or something?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The DNC is staffed by weak-willed cowards.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cite plz

Like seriously why do you think this, is it just that Obama supports him or something?

Pelosi amendment was voted down because of Perez's DNC chair campaigning.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Pelosi amendment was voted down because of Perez's DNC chair campaigning.

I didn't know Perez replaced the DNC members from earlier this year with corrupt pod people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I have rarely seen a more contemptuous, sneering group than the anti-Bernie Democrats. Look at some of the tweet replies to Schumer (and Peter Daou :cawg:)

And they're almost always middle-aged and "wise to the ways of the world". Utter garbage.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/Randazzoj/status/835466096094367746

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The great labor secretary about to put Manchin's on every ticket next year.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

twitter: you can't just assume being "not trump" is a good electoral strategy, don't take votes for granted

establishment: yeah we can't assume being "not trump" is enough, we can't take votes for granted

twitter: ugh you guys are so loving dumb this is why hillary lost!!!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

This twitter guy sounds like a real tool

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

This twitter guy sounds like a real tool

Yeah he's a tool for saying Howard Dean is not correct.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dean wasn't arguing "Millenials don't vote, so gently caress em." He was saying that the Dems need to actively give younger voters a positive reason to vote for them, which pretty much echoes the words of every Bernie-or-buster I knew this election.

Of course, he concluded the best way to do this is to elect Pete Buttigieg sooooo

daydrinking is fun
Dec 1, 2016

fsif posted:

Yeah this is basically correct.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's time for Donna Brazile to gently caress off. Nothing like watching perpetual losers congratulate themselves.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 25, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

fsif posted:

Dean wasn't arguing "Millenials don't vote, so gently caress em." He was saying that the Dems need to actively give younger voters a positive reason to vote for them, which pretty much echoes the words of every Bernie-or-buster I knew this election.

Of course, he concluded the best way to do this is to elect Pete Buttigieg sooooo

well, buttigieg's not bad. he's not a poo poo option like perez so...

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mcmagic posted:

It's time for Donna Brazile to gently caress off. Nothing like watching perpetual losers congratulate themselves.

She did more to get trump elected than any of his supporters. gently caress her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/835524177314603009

https://twitter.com/collinrees/status/835528226025897990

The party is a dumpster fire of corporate money and the paid DNC consultants who siphon it away from down ballot races.

• Locked thread