Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Good luck, Kosuzu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Help, I've run into a bug in LoLK where I warp from the end of stage 4 to the Extra stage.

Holy gently caress Clownpiece.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Remember when Gensokyo used to be described as a paradise where humans and youkai co-exist in harmony? Good times.

Darox posted:

Help, I've run into a bug in LoLK where I warp from the end of stage 4 to the Extra stage.

Holy gently caress Clownpiece.

It's Lunatic Time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Abort, abort.

I repeat, Kosuzu.

Abort.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Holy poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pureauthor posted:

Abort, abort.

I repeat, Kosuzu.

Abort.

Nah :unsmigghh:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Yukari about to make an offer that Kosuzu can't refuse

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I forgot, but what was the Hieda family's stance on Yukari? I seem to remember that Yukari occasionally "helped to fill the gaps" in their historical collections.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm, asking too many questions there Kosuzu, now look at the mess you've gotten into

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Shinmera posted:

I forgot, but what was the Hieda family's stance on Yukari? I seem to remember that Yukari occasionally "helped to fill the gaps" in their historical collections.

Yukari is big and scary and unknowable and she may or may not have paid us to tell you she's big, scary, and unknowable.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 25, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

Yukari is a big and scary and unknowable and she may or may not have paid us to tell you she's big, scary, and unknowable.

Both are true.

It would be the most Yukari thing to do anyway.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
It also sells more books if she says Yukari's big, scary, and unknowable. So really, everybody wins. Except the ones that aren't Yukari and Hieda, I guess.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Yukari about to make an offer that Kosuzu can't refuse

And she didn't show up in her casual wear. This feels like the moment where poo poo starts going down.

I like Marisa's gloves. It's a good look for her.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 25, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

New Strange Creators Magazine. Along with the usual stuff (character profiles, interviews, etc), comes with an announcement for a new print work coming March 30, probably along the lines of Bohemian Archive? Haven't actually read the whole thing yet, maybe it's described better.

In his comment for Yuuka, ZUN says he considers the other "characters from the past" retired and "watching over things warmly". Mima disconfirmed?!

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Mima will be in the next game.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

can't believe sagume is actually kellyanne conway

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't believe Alice is retired and will never appear again

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Looking more closely, I think Alternative Facts is actually supposed to be a weekly magazine? He was inspired by gossip rags that talk about celebrities, and thought it was bizarre how fictional characters get more privacy than real people. So he's going to examine the daily lives of characters who don't show up very often.

Unless I'm reading this horribly wrong.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 2, 2017

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I hope this means the bunbunmaru just drops all pretenses of journalism and is now just a complete tabloid

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I hope this means the bunbunmaru just drops all pretenses of journalism and is now just a complete tabloid

That's implied, yes. He describes its contents as "Post-Truth".

I'm not sure if "weekly magazine" is supposed to be a description of its publication or just a kind of magazine like "tabloid" though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Pureauthor posted:

I can't believe Alice is retired and will never appear again

Goliath Doll's a serious endeavour.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Now even touhou will have fake news. Sad!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Now Trump will appear in Gensoukyo, intelligent, humble, good-natured and strong.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No amount of amanojaku power can make that statement a reality

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

make gensokyodfsgrsfvdfsctrgmlbvgefbeg

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Make Gensokyo Great Again" was basically Kanako's plan, as part of her attempts to get more power and worship for herself, right? Like, more or less?

Then again I guess it's Yukari who's responsible for the wallbarrier.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Kanako and Suwako would've literally died if they didn't grab faith because modern Japanese aren't spiritual enough for Zun's taste, whatever the hell that means.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

"Make Gensokyo Great Again" was basically Kanako's plan, as part of her attempts to get more power and worship for herself, right? Like, more or less?

Then again I guess it's Yukari who's responsible for the wallbarrier.

Not really.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Good old fashioned american family values finally fell into gensokyo

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

... but everyone's either assexual or genderbent. Or Seiga.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
That sounds loving phenomenal and I cannot wait for the Alternative Facts

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nook posted:

can't believe sagume is actually kellyanne conway

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Clarste posted:

In his comment for Yuuka, ZUN says he considers the other "characters from the past" retired and "watching over things warmly". Mima disconfirmed?!

Let me tell you about Japanese retirement. *hands microphone to Miyazaki*

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Clarste posted:

Considering last issue I see why Yuuka is brought up, it's probably going through the next three games after IN. So he's probably just referring to the PC98 ones and not like, just about anyone who's not recently shown up, I presume (and hope). No idea if that classification includes Yuuka and, for that matter, Alice really.

Still, unfortunate if it really spells an end to the more interesting and prominent figures from those games. The Dimensional Dream people are particularly interesting to me regarding recent ongoings with people coming to and from the boundary.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Considering last issue I see why Yuuka is brought up, it's probably going through the next three games after IN. So he's probably just referring to the PC98 ones and not like, just about anyone who's not recently shown up, I presume (and hope). No idea if that classification includes Yuuka and, for that matter, Alice really.

Still, unfortunate if it really spells an end to the more interesting and prominent figures from those games. The Dimensional Dream people are particularly interesting to me regarding recent ongoings with people coming to and from the boundary.

...I guess I didn't provide enough context for this. Yes, he's only talking about PC-98. He said in his comments for Yuuka (as a character from PoFV) that he introduced her because even though she doesn't fit into the setting at all, back then he was still interested in bringing back older characters, ie: PC-98. But now he considers them retired.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad he still at least brought doofy ghost back though.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
ah

didn't Yuuka not even originally have anything to do with flowers, she was some jerk with laser beams

and then on top of that the eye color, wearing of pants, and a lot of the voice was changed somewhat

she might be a matter of like, she's only around because her outfit is well suited to a summery gardener figure and if she wasn't wearing plaid we'd have never heard from her again

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Mima is going to be in the next game please look forward to it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

mima has been in every game if people bother to look

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

el dorito posted:

mima has been in every game if people bother to look

There's been an elaborate ARG to bring mima back for years but it's just that no one's found the first clue yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Toyohime is the best princess. I'm big fan.