Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

and Vas in case you're homesick for CT here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Ork2I7ptU

I want to punch that anchor in the loving face.

He is trying to hammer a politician and can't even find one avenue to nail him on. Its literally a campaign video for this Governor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

DoktorLoken posted:

There is an ongoing grassroots effort to remove him from office, I'm pretty certain he's not getting reelected. Previously he skated under the radar and ran as a Democrat to get elected; Milwaukee is about as heavily Democratic as Chicago.

Counterpoint: its Milwaukee.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/835235485085806592

Lol are you kidding me

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I feel like I'm trying to read a tweet in a nightmare but the words are all jumbled up.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Remember that brief window of time eons a go, when Huckabee painted himself as this lovable ~aw shucks~ kind of dude with the aid of Colbert, Stewart, and Conan?

Good times.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Never trust a politician who doesn't drink imo

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I really don't think he thought through the implications of his joke

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

So is he trying to say CNN will slay trump?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Huckabee pushed for the release of violent serial rapist named Wayne Dumind based on a conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton had locked up an innocent man for EVIL reasons. The only connection at all was that one of the victims was a distant cousin of Bill's. Dumond got released and raped and murdered at least more woman.

Also in 1998 he tried to cover up for his son after he got in trouble for torturing a stray dog to death. That's Christian values in a loving nut shell.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Huckabee pushed for the release of violent serial rapist named Wayne Dumind based on a conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton had locked up an innocent man for EVIL reasons. The only connection at all was that one of the victims was a distant cousin of Bill's. Dumond got released and raped and murdered at least more woman.

Also in 1998 he tried to cover up for his son after he got in trouble for torturing a stray dog to death. That's Christian values in a loving nut shell.

I knew about the dog, but that rapist thing is just... wow :stare:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
That Huckabee tweet ending in BAM! Is something I've noticed from conservative coworkers. They like to link some article or post some ice burn and just add BAM to the end. It would be infuriating if it weren't so adorable.

Except the guy that started doing it in real life. That shits annoying and you're not Emeril

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It's the next stage in lovely conservative sites using click bait style. "Sheriff Clarke DESTROYS liberals" "Palin tweet SHUTS DOWN celebs"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FastestGunAlive posted:

It's the next stage in lovely conservative sites using click bait style. "Sheriff Clarke DESTROYS liberals" "Palin tweet SHUTS DOWN celebs"

Stupid feminists get owned!

God bless I want to smash some faces when I read that kinda dumb hateful poo poo.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

God bless I want to smash some faces when I read that kinda dumb hateful poo poo.

To be fair, using language like "Watch x ANNIHILATE y" isn't exclusive to hateful conservative poo poo. That garbage has spread everywhere in media like a cancer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

"hilariously"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

I see stuff like "Watch Trump get destroyed!" all the time and it has this reaction from conservatives:

Wasabi the J posted:

I want to smash some faces when I read that kinda dumb hateful poo poo.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You probably just see it more from the conservative side if, like me, you just have more conservative friends. No doubt it's a general click bait tactic rather than a conservative specific one

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You're both right.

They being said, minority's rights mean a lot more to me than protecting the feelings of an elected official or public figure.

This pervasive attitude that feminist = screeching harpy or minority advocate = SJW has made it easier to dismiss LEGITIMATE complaints from those people who had no choice in their genetic makeup.

You can choose not to be Republican. You can't stop being trans or black or a woman.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Funny local response to Senators not holding town halls.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...tors_picks=true

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

To be fair, using language like "Watch x ANNIHILATE y" isn't exclusive to hateful conservative poo poo. That garbage has spread everywhere in media like a cancer.

I hate it so much.

Russia builds replica Reichstag so children can recreate 1945 victory

quote:

The Russian defence ministry is constructing a replica of the Reichstag at a military theme park on the outskirts of Moscow, to allow patriotic Russian children to recreate the storming of the building during the Soviet capture of Berlin in 1945.

Russia’s defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, announced the plan for the replica during a speech to the Duma, Russia’s parliament, on Wednesday.

“We are constructing the Reichstag in Patriot Park,” he said. “Not in full, but still. Now our Youth Army guys can storm not just any old thing but the actual building.”

The Youth Army was created in 2015, to allow children as young as 10 to receive basic military training and “patriotic education”. President Vladimir Putin’s opening of Patriot Park the same year fits into a pattern of rising Russian nationalism following the 2014 annexation of Crimea.

Shoigu did not specify when the new Reichstag model would be completed, and whether members of the public would also be able to recreate the storming or only members of the Youth Army.

There's also this response to German objections

quote:

"It seems that some in Germany have forgotten that Hitler and those who built the Third Reich started their bloody march from the Reichstag," spokesperson Igor Konashenkov told DW. "The attacks from German politicians are met not only with a complete lack of understanding [in Russia] but also make one wonder about what views they may really have about the founders of the Third Reich."

http://www.dw.com/en/germans-surprised-disturbed-at-idea-of-russian-youth-storming-reichstag/a-37705802

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 25, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

I wonder if Patriot Park is beset by stray dogs, and drunks dying from drinking antifreeze/deodorant/krokodil.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Friggin creepy.

https://twitter.com/mrmedina/status/835517167508602880

He literally just tweets poo poo he sees on TV.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Is John Oliver still educating him via commercial?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

facialimpediment posted:

Friggin creepy.

Isn't that all twitter?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u-OB7ztMg

this song gets right to the point

warning incredibly loud

PookBear fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 25, 2017

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Burt Sexual posted:

Isn't that all twitter?

You don't hold the president to a higher standard than Luanne from Tx tweeting about Honey Boo Boo?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Fox News invited a guest onto O'Reilly's show that claimed to be a Swedish national security advisor

The Swedes don't know who the gently caress he is.

quote:

During the show on Thursday, the network invited Swedish journalist Anne-Sofie Naslund and “Swedish defense and national security advisor” Nils Bildt to talk about the country's immigration policy.

According to the Post, the Dagens Nyheter newspaper on Friday reported that Bildt is unknown to the Swedish Foreign Ministry and the armed forces.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Yes Men prank duo are getting really good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

Friggin creepy.

While that's not really news, did someone see Herman Cain say dumb poo poo on TV and then predict the leader of the free world would be dumb enough to pick it up and tweet about it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

While that's not really news, did someone see Herman Cain say dumb poo poo on TV and then predict the leader of the free world would be dumb enough to pick it up and tweet about it?

Donald Trump almost exclusively tweets poo poo he hears on fox news. A non-trivial number of his tweets over the years have appeared immediately after a TV segment about the subject.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Tom Perez was elected as DNC chair, I'm sure Bernie bros are losing thier collective poo poo over it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah just what the Democrats needs, another useless Obama stooge in charge.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/835597935601659906

gee what could go wrong

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

lol oh god this wont be good

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yeah just what the Democrats needs, another useless Obama stooge in charge.
At least it's not a Clinton toady. :shrug:

But yeah, it's definitely a sign that the party establishment is trying to placate the left while safeguarding their own positions (and thus likely continuing their losing strategy). Don't know much about Perez. Hopefully he actually has some substance to him and will move things in the right direction, but we'll see. Nobody can be as horrendous as DWS.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bloomberg-follows-suit-cancels-white-house-correspondents-dinner-party-979661

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Isn't this the plot of Police Academy?

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Cugel the Clever posted:

But yeah, it's definitely a sign that the party establishment is trying to placate the left while safeguarding their own positions (and thus likely continuing their losing strategy). Don't know much about Perez. Hopefully he actually has some substance to him and will move things in the right direction, but we'll see. Nobody can be as horrendous as DWS.

Hey Eliot got second in command so it isn't like they removed him

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cugel the Clever posted:

So you know nothing about Perez but are sure that he's an establishment stooge who will continue losing strategies.
:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Iraq Surge sure was a fun time to join the military. If you thought the guys who actually made it through their basic training and entry level schools weren't the best and the brightest just imagine having to spend months in close proximity to the guys who didn't make it.

I can't wait till Donnie gets to explain that [Guy with swastika tattooed on his face] has a belief system that makes him perfect for the job.

• Locked thread