Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Duck and Cover posted:

I remember when games were released fully featured and relatively bug free. Ahhh the good old days.

This never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Man, when does cool looking armor for the Warlord start dropping? My gear is great but other than my shield I look basic as gently caress.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

fadam posted:

That's neat. I swear it only happens like half the time, though.

I know with conq you can do shield bash into heavy and knock them down every time. Actually the easiest kill ive ever gotten outside of cliffs.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Internet Kraken posted:

It feels like every videogame I play nowadays is like this. I have tons of fun with them but its frustrating how glaringly obvious some of the flaws are.

Maybe this is what its like to be old and unable to overlook stuff :corsair:
I imagine it's more to do with devs cutting QA and rushing out huge day-one patches that cause just as much poo poo as they solve.

But yes, I too love the unique systems in this game despite the crap, it's like someone smashed a beat 'em up into a MOBA that isn't poo poo.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

fadam posted:

Man, when does cool looking armor for the Warlord start dropping? My gear is great but other than my shield I look basic as gently caress.

Cool stuff at 2, the best stuff at 3. Though it bears mentioning that body and arms tend to have less skins than helmets and weapons. I can only assume they will add more in time.

Echoing people saying the game has some seriously busted parts but I am utterly enchanted all the same. Gear doesn't bother me outside of revenge; I am not skilled enough to notice an enemy with 20% more attack power when fully maxed out.

I wish I didn't have to travel this weekend, because I just wanna be a couch potato and play more flailman.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
People are getting really pissed at me for actually working the Shugoki's charge of the oni into regular combat. Mainly because it means they can't just parry my super slow attacks for an easy win, which is all anyone tries to do now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Cool stuff at 2, the best stuff at 3. Though it bears mentioning that body and arms tend to have less skins than helmets and weapons. I can only assume they will add more in time.

Echoing people saying the game has some seriously busted parts but I am utterly enchanted all the same. Gear doesn't bother me outside of revenge; I am not skilled enough to notice an enemy with 20% more attack power when fully maxed out.

I wish I didn't have to travel this weekend, because I just wanna be a couch potato and play more flailman.

The damage on block stuff seems really strong. Combined with the feat i'm basically just ignoring people's guards with the side lights.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Xeremides posted:

Yeah, they're switching it back to the way it was in beta, so you can pretty much just spam the guard break button to counter.

The dev note absolutely did not say that.

They're switching something else back to how it was in beta, which is what happens when you throw a guard break and get hit by a guardbreak. It has nothing to do with the window or the ability to spam it. You're wrong.

Trust me the thread has been over this 20 times.

fadam posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not true. They're just adjusting how two guardbreaks interact with each other iirc.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Guys, I think I found a way to confirm the light attack after the Lawbringer's shove. It is a very tight timing, kinda inconsistent and for all I know the level 3 Warlord bot just forgot to guard it every time I did it but it looks maybe fast enough to beat out the shove recovery for the opponent. It isn't a 1-frame link but maybe 2-3 frames? It is quite specific though. Too bad it only is 8 damage but you can potentially get it off every shove. The timing for a raw shove and a shove off of a block though is also different, so it takes a lot of getting used to.

Not going to post how to do it till I am sure how to reproduce it. I get it correctly like 1/5 attempts and not quite sure yet when you input everything for maximum speed.

They weren't kidding when they said Lawbringer was a hard character. You have to put in waaay more work to get what the Warlord does in 2 buttons.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

fadam posted:

The damage on block stuff seems really strong. Combined with the feat i'm basically just ignoring people's guards with the side lights.

Interesting, I'll have to try that. I don't use Conqueror's lights as much as I should, as they feel really weak. But I hadn't thought about combining it with the feat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Stupid Uplay seems to be down and wont' let me log in and smash mans :(

E: there it goes, finally. Just took a million reconnection attempts.

E2: Nope can't actually get in game

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 25, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

limited posted:

I imagine it's more to do with devs cutting QA and rushing out huge day-one patches that cause just as much poo poo as they solve.

But yes, I too love the unique systems in this game despite the crap, it's like someone smashed a beat 'em up into a MOBA that isn't poo poo.

They really arent cutting QA or rushing patches. It's almost like the code for modern games is much more complicated than ever before and adjusting it has more consequences.

On flailman topic, heal on block is hilariously good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fadam posted:

Try being Berserker. I saw a 108 geared prestige 4 Berserker today that looked like the starting model for a MMO character.

Lawbringer, Conquerer, and Warden get all the cool gear.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Zaphod42 posted:

They're switching something else back to how it was in beta, which is what happens when you throw a guard break and get hit by a guardbreak. It has nothing to do with the window or the ability to spam it. You're wrong.

Yeah, they're switching it back to the way it was in beta, so you can pretty much just spam the guard break button to counter.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Doltos posted:

Try being Berserker. I saw a 108 geared prestige 4 Berserker today that looked like the starting model for a MMO character.

Its kinda ridiculous that they have the samurai in wooden armor. :v: Because apparently metal armor is exclusive for the knights.

Xeremides posted:

No they are not.

Its weird how arrogant and stubborn you are about this and the only reason you have to think that is because you misread a line of text.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Its kinda ridiculous that they have the samurai in wooden armor. :v: Because apparently metal armor is exclusive for the knights.

No they are not.

Its weird how arrogant and stubborn you are about this and the only reason you have to think that is because you misread a line of text.

Doltos posted:

Kensei gets a mask with a beard. That's uh...yeah.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 25, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Went through an Elim game to complete a contract. End of round happens and it's stuck at loading. Turns out me completing that Elim game didn't count towards the contract cause Ubi has so much poo poo wrong with it. First game of the day, boys, and already it's getting on my nerves.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Xeremides posted:

quote:

Guardbreak Counter (All Heroes):
Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be return to the previous behavior seen in the Beta.

Read it and weep dummy

No spam. Wrong.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Zaphod42 posted:

No they are not.

Even in real life only their helmets were mainly mettalic in samurai armor. Most of it was leather and lacquered wood, I believe.

Edit: my mistake, then.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 25, 2017

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Read it and weep dummy

No spam. Wrong.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

Even in real life only their helmets were mainly mettalic in samurai armor. Most of it was leather and lacquered wood, I believe.

No, it was laquered metal. There was some wooden armor in ancient Japan, but it was pre-Samurai. Samurai armor is Lamellar metal plates arranged on cords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamellar_armour

Xeremides posted:

:negative:

They can switch one thing back to how it was in beta without switching everything back to how it was in beta. How do you not get this. They're only switching how you can't guardbreak when you already made an attempt. That's literally what it says.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

And I can't join games either now.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Servers took a poo poo it seems. I like how you can't even do training mode or single player when that happens.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I just want to complete my loving elims contracts. First it puts me up against 2 teams with peacekeepers in them back to back, now I can't loving play the game. Im bout to zone attack my loving PC

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

quote:

I view these duels and brawls as the video game equivalent of Klingons fighting as part of some super serious bat'leth-fuelled death ceremony, where doing the honourable thing is paramount.

Going to be hard to take everything serious when I've got flames shooting out my shoulders like a train from hell.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

No, it was laquered metal. There was some wooden armor in ancient Japan, but it was pre-Samurai. Samurai armor is Lamellar metal plates arranged on cords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamellar_armour

:negative:

They can switch one thing back to how it was in beta without switching everything back to how it was in beta. How do you not get this. They're only switching how you can't guardbreak when you already made an attempt. That's literally what it says.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Doltos posted:

Berserkers get covered in spikes it looks based.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Shugoki has like 15 different stylish clubs for beating people to death with.

But nothing is going to beat the elegant simplicity of "baseball bat with nails stuck in it".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Shugoki has like 15 different stylish clubs for beating people to death with.

But nothing is going to beat the elegant simplicity of "baseball bat with nails stuck in it".

You can at least get a really fancy handle for your baseball bat with nails in :)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nobushi get slightly different hats..

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Warlord gets some dope shields. I actually like a lot of the stuff he gets.

Servers are back up btw as of 1619 EST. Or not.

Nope, just the ubisoft server to synchronize saves. For Honor is still down.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 25, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Xeremides posted:

Warlord gets some dope shields. I actually like a lot of the stuff he gets.

Servers are back up btw.

Yeah my shield looks cool and my sword looks okay but my chest and head look 99% identical to what I started with.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I don't know what happened but I guess the servers did something while I was going through story mode because I didn't get any rewards for finishing the second Vikings on Hard and now the game just says 'processing' forever because that's what single player games Have Been Since 2010

Melek
May 23, 2003
Why would I get a DVD ROM drive when I have two DVD players in my house? Please send me $50 cash so I can get a DVD Drive. Or better yet please send me $10 bux so I can have this ugly red title removed.

Zaphod42 posted:

The bad reading comprehension has been with people saying that they are gonna change the GB counter window.

I still say that it's very very likely that spamming out of guard breaks will be once again be possible with the upcoming change.

Currently, that doesn't work. Bad dude goes for a guard break, you panic and try to counter too early, instead of countering, you have initiated a GB yourself, then you get grabbed and cannot counter (since you're technically doing a GB too), so mashing GB won't do diddly. If you CAN counter while doing a GB attempt , well then you can mash all day long and still get the counter - hit it too early? Oh well you'll get the window eventually. It has nothing to do with the proper timing window and everything to do with what happens if you try to counter outside of that window.

This will be the case unless Ubisoft is making a change to guard breaks to specifically prevent mashing while also allowing counters during a GB. I really hope that's what they do, but I also imagine that it's much quicker and easier to just remove the "cannot counter" tag from the animations. However I get the impression that with the change from beta, slapping on the cannot counter tag was a band-aid fix. Maybe so they could work out a better fix later, or maybe they realized that the alternative was worse and just plan to revert it, I don't know.

We don't know how they plan on doing things, so standing around making claims as absolute fact is kinda silly.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

This is why story and practice modes shouldn't need an internet connection.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

No they are not.

All the vikings have chain link instead of riveted which makes part of me unreasonably upset considering how small a detail it is.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Red Mundus posted:

I love playing this game but to be honest with myself it has more to do with the fact that their isn't another game like this. Otherwise I'd probably play that instead and run screaming from Ubisoft's incompetence.

As an aside I just learned there isn't any auto-kick idle in place so at high levels people are just standing in place afk during dominion.

Yes there is. I know because I tried to go to the bathroom during an AI match and I got kicked for that exact reason.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Help I can't stop playing Lawbringer (he's poo) :(

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Whoever suggested making my Raider a black woman, thanks. It's incredible how incensed people get over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Help I can't stop playing Lawbringer (he's poo) :(

Ahhhh hes fine, hes got more going on for him than the actual bad classes.