Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Montasque posted:

This thread reads like freep threads around 2013.

If those rascal scooting idiots can hijack their party I'm sure you non-physically handicapped lefties can do the same to the Dems!

Speaking of Freep, here's their take on all this:

So how do the people who think Clinton lost because of racism square away freepers calling the DNC idiots for not electing Ellison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

paranoid randroid posted:

okay, and? should Ellison have not accepted?

Not if he was serious about shaking up the Democrat establishment, which is why I said it was a mistake to believe he would.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Neurolimal posted:

So how do the people who think Clinton lost because of racism square away freepers calling the DNC idiots for not electing Ellison

Freep would call the DNC idiots no matter what they did

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I think Ellison with his "checkered" (Muslim) past would have been very easy to make into a boogeyman. I know liberals think shouting "racist!" would have been enough to counter that, but I think the party leaders thought twice and worried about that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Not if he was serious about shaking up the Democrat establishment, which is why I said it was a mistake to believe he would.

well yeah man, youre not going to do much shaking as DNC chair

it would be his job to package and sell whatever candidates are presented to him, not select the candidates

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

breaklaw posted:

I think Ellison with his "checkered" (Muslim) past would have been very easy to make into a boogeyman. I know liberals think shouting "racist!" would have been enough to counter that, but I think the party leaders thought twice and worried about that.

You are literally advocating democrats pursued a strategy of embracing racism and catering to racists

Which some portion of them probably did

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

breaklaw posted:

i dunno if you've heard this hot take or not, but rape is actually....bad.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

GlyphGryph posted:

That's the narrative now, as if Ellison wasn't an acceptable moderate candidate at his core all along and they didn't give it to perez explicitly as a middle finger to the berniecrats.

So wait, was Ellison a moderate or was he literally the only chance at dems ever winning another election ever again?

This wah wah bbbbut the optics stuff is weirding me out

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

breaklaw posted:

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

You are literally advocating democrats pursued a strategy of embracing racism and catering to racists

I can't and won't disagree with this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

GlyphGryph posted:

Whoa, it's almost like breaklaw is a stupid gently caress of a poster and has been for a long time

Mind blowing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got Mayor Butt's speech today?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835610917568200705

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shake that healthy buttigieg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Probably Magic posted:

As a Niners fan, you must know all about defending once great franchises that have turned into total losers.

I have no response to this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Uhh I don't think the freepers actually support Ellison, they support chaos in the democratic party.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MizPiz posted:

this is conspiracy theory level reasoning

also :lol: this thread has the collective memory of a goldfish and thinks I'm a Hillaryman

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Former Everything posted:

So wait, was Ellison a moderate or was he literally the only chance at dems ever winning another election ever again?

This wah wah bbbbut the optics stuff is weirding me out

Why can't it be both?

This was largely a symbolic race unconcerned with the candidates stances; Perez was the status quo, Ellison an appeal to fiscal dems, and Butt a hail satan "we own your dick now DNC"

Ellison wouldn't have got much done as head, but him winning would have been the signal that the democrat leaders recognize that they need to make a move fiscally, while Perez to stay still or shift rightward. This was only emphasized by stuff like the voter that stressed that it would be a bad idea to elect Ellison because "a muslim leader after the people voted in trump??"

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Taking it way too far. Choosing to drive around a minefield instead of carefully driving through it isn't embracing or catering to anything. The electorate is the subject of everything they are trying to do. The whole electorate, not just the small number of people who think and talk like this.

And not injecting race and identity into every single issue all the time isn't being more racist. It's being more smart.

breaklaw has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Feb 25, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yeah the chapo boys can get pretty retarded at times

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

so when is the apocalypse scheduled

I'm gettin kinda antsy over here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
progressivism dont mean none unless u got buns, hon

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Uhh I don't think the freepers actually support Ellison, they support chaos in the democratic party.

So they're racist idiots that dont think beyond skin color, but also machiavellian masterminds willing to feign support gor a black muslim leftist in case any democrats are reading freep

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lol even president piss baby is dunking on the dems

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/835610917568200705

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Feb 25, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

UHD posted:

so when is the apocalypse scheduled

I'm gettin kinda antsy over here

yes clearly a new dnc chairman means that the human race is doomed

lol calm the gently caress down

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

So they're racist idiots that dont think beyond skin color, but also machiavellian masterminds willing to feign support gor a black muslim leftist in case any democrats are reading freep

i think the basic mental exercise that should be occurring here is asking youself if "see even freep agrees with me" is a thing that should make you reassess your thought processes

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yinlock posted:

yes clearly a new dnc chairman means that the human race is doomed

lol calm the gently caress down

it wasn't sincere

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Neurolimal posted:

Why can't it be both?

This was largely a symbolic race unconcerned with the candidates stances; Perez was the status quo, Ellison an appeal to fiscal dems, and Butt a hail satan "we own your dick now DNC"

Ellison wouldn't have got much done as head, but him winning would have been the signal that the democrat leaders recognize that they need to make a move fiscally, while Perez to stay still or shift rightward. This was only emphasized by stuff like the voter that stressed that it would be a bad idea to elect Ellison because "a muslim leader after the people voted in trump??"

So, basically, despite the fact that in reality both candidates were perfectly fine for the position, now you have to take up pitchforks and stomp your feet and work to undermine the party because the party didn't virtue signal the right way?

Perfectly normal. Donald Trump and the republicans are obviously better now because the Bernie endorsed candidate is only the deputy chair.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

They're racist idiots that dont think beyond skin color who are big into the wikileaks dnc stole the election from bernie conspiracy theories.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

my rage against the machine tribute band.wav

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

UHD posted:

it wasn't sincere

sorry i've seen way too many sincere posts in that exact vein over super minor poo poo

my bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

my rage against the machine tribute band.wav

a true renegade of cum (like mlk, malcolm x, etc)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

So, basically, despite the fact that in reality both candidates were perfectly fine for the position, now you have to take up pitchforks and stomp your feet and work to undermine the party because the party didn't virtue signal the right way?

Perfectly normal. Donald Trump and the republicans are obviously better now because the Bernie endorsed candidate is only the deputy chair.

This post helped me hit Bingo on my MAGA Twitter Term card.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yinlock posted:

sorry i've seen way too many sincere posts in that exact vein over super minor poo poo

my bad

kinda hard to tell the difference sometimes so it's all good

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I don't understand what's hard to get about "people were using this election to gauge how interested the party is in doing literally anything else" and the subsequent reactions when the answer was "not very."

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i think the basic mental exercise that should be occurring here is asking youself if "see even freep agrees with me" is a thing that should make you reassess your thought processes

It fits the narrative that there exist independents and right-leaners who are willing to follow basically anyone with an actual plan to help them fiscally.

Bip Roberts posted:

They're racist idiots that dont think beyond skin color who are big into the wikileaks dnc stole the election from bernie conspiracy theories.

Why would they give a poo poo about a dem primary candidate and theories that the election was stolen from him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Congratulations to the Democrats on their losses in 2018 and 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"lol nothing matters" only applies to Trump; just :laffo: at pretending this isn't yet another demonstration of the underlying issues

• Locked thread