Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i was off on him tweeting about it by like double what i predicted (45 mins)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

loooooooool at Trump not going to the Correspondent Dinner. He's basically a still alive Carrie, still shook about his Prom.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i open my eyes wide... real wide... when i look at a trump tweet

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"The Media" is one of the most nebulous terms in existence. That poll is idiotic.

The Fox News poll used "Reporters"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/17/fox-news-poll-voters-divided-over-trusting-trump-or-media.html

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As worthless as overall Congressional trust ratings

"My source/rep is good, it's the rest that are the problem"

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Omarosa say she could just walk into the Oval Office whenever?
https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/status/835492763693170688

she does, and jesus christ

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I heard Trump will send a trusted friend to the WHCP

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

so how do you feel about every right-wing ideologue actually being a russian stooge

e: not just in america, even

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

the cuck meme

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

so how do you feel about every right-wing ideologue actually being a russian stooge

e: not just in america, even

It's a fine time to be working with a Washington based think tank on subjects related to Syria and Ukraine.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
The most powerful country in the world voted Trump president

Fuckin lllloooooooooooooooooollllll

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Prediction for who will be attending the WHCD in Trump's stead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujQd6GTJN0

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Trump would resign & undo everything he has done if you eat the poop as it falls out of his butt for a month. Are you a bad enough dude to save buttgieg america

I just learned about this dude, gang.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I kinda agree? Making it about economic issues rather than just anti-Trump seems more like a sure thing (haha whatever).

My position as well, although I wasn't all that invested in how this DNC chair process concluded.

Tom Perez, however, is still an awful speaker.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

It's a fine time to be working with a Washington based think tank on subjects related to Syria and Ukraine.
Gonna be pretty amazing when German and Chinese forces break down the doors to the Kremlin as Putin swallows polonium

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the correspondents dinner has always been kind of weird/dumb though, like press and people they cover really shouldn't be chumming it up super hard

of course the people they cover also shouldn't be swearing blood-feuds on them so

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

buttigieg

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the correspondents dinner has always been kind of weird/dumb though, like press and people they cover really shouldn't be chumming it up super hard

of course the people they cover also shouldn't be swearing blood-feuds on them so

excuse me he doesnt care what color their blood is

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Double Down is still around as far as I know. It's the tits (and you can see them too).

I can't believe you killed yourself

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

orange sky posted:

So is Perez just a Hillary boi? Or is he different. Tell me what this man believes in so I can know how to feel about this

The major unions, from teachers to Autoworkers, worship the guy. He prosecuted hella good for the Civil Division of the DOJ. He's worked for decades with and for immigrant groups. loving loves the idea of raising the minimum wage. Did like the TPP (boo).

Here's an example of the articles run on him the last few years

quote:

"I feel at home," Perez told the thousands of union activists gathered at the AFL-CIO convention in Los Angeles on Tuesday. He then spent the next 40 minutes of the keynote address pledging to raise the minimum wage, protect worker rights and look after middle-class and immigrant workers.

"Nobody who works 40 hours a week should have to live in poverty," he told union leaders. "As we work together, we will build a better America. As we work together we will bring the middle class to thrive again. As we work together, we will make sure that everybody has the ladder of opportunity to climb."

The audience gave him a standing ovation when he was finished. The speech was seen as an important first step for Perez to publicly cement his reputation as a strong union backer at a time when labor membership has waned.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/11/business/la-fi-afl-cio-perez-20130911

He's okay.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Uh dude Tom Perez is like the labor union personified, except hispanic.

But I do think Ellison is more of an enthusiasm gaining get, so that's who I'm rooting for. But Perez is both real and good.

edit: I mean did you post that scorching take without knowing anything else about him other than his endorsments?

he once supported hillary clinton which is enough to send the dnc posters into hysteria

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there is a roughly 1000% chance trump will live tweet the whcd anyway

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That DICK! posted:

I can't believe you killed yourself

lol if you think I won't

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shageletic posted:

The major unions, from teachers to Autoworkers, worship the guy. He prosecuted hella good for the Civil Division of the DOJ. He's worked for decades with and for immigrant groups. loving loves the idea of raising the minimum wage. Did like the TPP (boo).
he only liked the TPP because obama told him to do so

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Let me add to that...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

let's see how the dem thread is taking it

sounds about right

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/835612427312054276

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

It's like we used up all the hope in a hope-orgy when we elected Obama in 2008 and now we live in the alternate reality in an RPG where there is no such thing as light.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Not that the Dems were going to win back the house in 2018, but this kinda kills any chance they had.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

God damnit I think he understands his power now.

What can anyone do if the face of pure wrongness turned into purpose.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this might be part of why perez appointed ellison as deputy chair but the moral loss is going to give progressives a hit something fierce and perez is gonna have to give some real show stopping stands against republican policy, even "compromises" if he wants to prove himself.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

God damnit I think he understands his power now.

What can anyone do if the face of pure wrongness turned into purpose.

cassandra goes to the races

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

this might be part of why perez appointed ellison as deputy chair but the moral loss is going to give progressives a hit something fierce and perez is gonna have to give some real show stopping stands against republican policy, even "compromises" if he wants to prove himself.

wait he appointed ellison deputy chair

lol why the gently caress are people throwing tantrums then who cares

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Doesn't the 2018 map look bleak for Dems regardless of who the DNC chair is?

I mean unless something insane happens... Which can and will happen during the Presidency of Donald J Trump.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Yinlock posted:

Democrats I guess

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

because perez has a reputation of caving under pressure, see TPP

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

The left loves nothing more than splitting into smaller and smaller factions over petty disputes. It is their raison d'être. Forget worker's and civil rights, they crave balkanization more than any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Epic High Five posted:

Plus their proposed plans for the future of the party at the state level were pretty much identical

Perez will very likely be perfectly fine and a trillion times better than DWS, the problem is that a lot of people will view this as a stark repudiation of all the progressives who have become extremely active in the party post-Trump. Perez's #1 job right now is to placate them, ideally with actions as well as words

I pretty much agree with this. Perez was, as far as I'm aware, highly regarded as Labor Secretary which doesn't strike me as a role someone brought and paid for by corporations would excel in but he definitely needs to show something that placates the progressive wing of the party. I'm hopeful but prepared to be disappointed.

• Locked thread