Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also voting in an extremely pro-union person at a time when unions are under direct attack from all sides is actually really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's fun seeing the people saying Trump is a KGB sleeper agent complaining about people making up conspiracy theories.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Yinlock posted:

also voting in an extremely pro-union person at a time when unions are under direct attack from all sides is actually really good

you're a truth is in the middle piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Yinlock posted:

BUT DID HE HAVE BERNIES ENDORSEMENT BECAUSE IF NOT ITS ACTUALLY A loving DISASTER AND A PERSONAL INSULT

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lessail posted:

you're a truth is in the middle piece of poo poo

what?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Look at the statements that came from Howard Dean, Barney Frank, DWS, etc. during the primary and tell me it wasn't very personal for them to stop any support for Sanders or any possible imprint he could have on the party.

I'm not even pinning that on Clinton herself, I think she was semi-sympathetic but ultimately cowardly and lacking cognition of the real troubles of American life, but no, the establishment outright has an agenda. I mean, look at the entire foundation of the super-delegates, which is to not allow total power to the constituency. That's the kind of respect the DNC has to their own.

i think the mistake youre making here is assuming that theres some kind of unitary body calling these shots, like theres a room full of people and obama skypes in from his parasailing trip to issue marching orders to gently caress over Ellison

instead the room is full of people who dont know what the gently caress to do and they all have their own networks of people shouting at them, and theyre arguing and horse-trading and pulling in different directions.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tom Perez is so pro union he supported the TPP

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

I think you'll find right to work is actually woke af

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

i think the mistake youre making here is assuming that theres some kind of unitary body calling these shots, like theres a room full of people and obama skypes in from his parasailing trip to issue marching orders to gently caress over Ellison

instead the room is full of people who dont know what the gently caress to do and they all have their own networks of people shouting at them, and theyre arguing and horse-trading and pulling in different directions.
and this little fact is why people participating in local politics still works for the democrats

and the conservatives aren't having any luck in their town halls with congressional republicans and i dunno whether to find that hilarious, sad, or hilarisad

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Grondoth posted:

You're a canadian

Please leave your Canadiaphobia at the door please.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lessail posted:

you're fine with perez you don't get a high horse lol

All the candidates were equal in my eyes except for the lobbyist and the butt guy

I would have cheered if the buttman won, whined if the lobbyist won, and don't give a gently caress about any of the rest of them

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

now now, that doesn't mean he's anti-union

it just means he's willing to be so if someone tells him to be

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grondoth posted:

You're a canadian

oh hey, it's been maybe a month since i've seen this one

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie Keith and Hillary Tom are 99% the same!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Also Yinlock won't be so smug once Shark Tank Guy becomes PM of Canada.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

paranoid randroid posted:

I mean, obviously not because it was split, but it's disheartening to know that Sanders endorsement holds so little power that it didn't really decide anything. It signals that Dems in general feel they don't need to listen to the other side, which begs question of why they think they lost in the general in so many columns.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm Afraid of Canadians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

Bernie Keith and Hillary Tom are 99% the same!

seeing them like this is the problem here, for the record

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is not the 2016 democratic primary, shut up about the 2016 democratic primary

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

now now, that doesn't mean he's anti-union

it just means he's willing to be so if someone tells him to be
why would people be so worried about him caving under any sort of pressure at all? they have the same positions after all :downs:

I'd love for Perez to prove that wrong, and the time has come for him to do so

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

MizPiz posted:

I think you'll find right to work is actually woke af

I look forward to reading your post on how the Trans-Pacific Partnership is connected to state right to work laws lol.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Yinlock posted:

Ah, thanks, for Correcting the Record.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Pro link.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Montasque posted:

Also Yinlock won't be so smug once Shark Tank Guy becomes PM of Canada.

i'm more confused than smug

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

Ah, thanks, for Correcting the Record.

you're welcome

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Yinlock posted:

this is not the 2016 democratic primary, shut up about the 2016 democratic primary

You're right, it's the 2016 GE, because the Democrats are shooting themselves in the loving feet.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

You're right, it's the 2016 GE, because the Democrats are shooting themselves in the loving feet.

aaaaAAAAAAAAAA

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

love to lose elections

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

I think we heard the arguments from bad dems for why Hillary was unbeatable.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

When the usual suspects keep saying the same thing each and every time, all evidence to the contrary, it gets tedious.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I guess the bad dems don't want to Correct their failed record of losing piles of elections.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It owns that the Clinton and Obama Dems would rather stay kings of a smoking crater of a party then give up the slightest bit of power to empower a mammoth wave of grassroots support.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Lessail posted:

what a boring rear end loving post. you have it saved from when perez first announced?

It's recycled primary chat with butt guy plugged in. Bad dems never learn.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

why would people be so worried about him caving under any sort of pressure at all? they have the same positions after all :downs:

to be absolutely fair, i did find myself incredibly disappointed with ellison a few times during this whole mess (the stuff MP mentioned) and I essentially told myself that this was stuff he had to do due to the nature of this specific vote. I'll even contend that this likely would have been settled on round 1 if he'd done differently on any single one of those things.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

When the usual suspects keep saying the same thing each and every time, all evidence to the contrary, it gets tedious.

lol why do i bother

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Better to yell at Stein voters than win any back. Or get anyone back, really.

The masters of compromise and inaccessibility simultaneously forever and forever.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

I mean, obviously not because it was split, but it's disheartening to know that Sanders endorsement holds so little power that it didn't really decide anything. It signals that Dems in general feel they don't need to listen to the other side, which begs question of why they think they lost in the general in so many columns.

Just because someone voted for Bernie over Clinton doesn't mean they're guaranteed to vote for whoever Bernie endorses; plenty of Obama voters didn't follow Obama's endorsement, after all. Some of Bernie's supporters were diehards who worship the ground he walks on, of course, but others were people who just liked his message more than Hillary's - and the latter group is far more important to the Dems right now than the former. As long as they get someone with the right message, policies, and priorities, whether or not he gets the Bernie endorsement isn't that important.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

to be absolutely fair, i did find myself incredibly disappointed with ellison a few times during this whole mess (the stuff MP mentioned) and I essentially told myself that this was stuff he had to do due to the nature of this specific vote. I'll even contend that this likely would have been settled on round 1 if he'd done differently on any single one of those things.
yeah, that there's the pessimistic wrinkle of perez having ellison as deputy chair :chloe:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

It owns that the Clinton and Obama Dems would rather stay kings of a smoking crater of a party then give up the slightest bit of power to empower a mammoth wave of grassroots support.

so are we ignoring the whole deputy chair thing, pretty sure that's giving the slightest bit of power

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Who's the best example of an out and out hard progressive winning in a very conservative environment?

• Locked thread