Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Imagine getting mad about metalcore as an adult hahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bape Culture posted:

Imagine getting mad about metalcore as an adult hahahaha.

Shooga's only an adult in the strict biological sense

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Beelzebozo posted:

Shooga's only an adult in the strict biological sense

You're the one who got butthurt about my assessment. IDGAF broooo

Kelp Me! posted:

renting studio time? lol what a bunch of posers

^ dying at this. This is the right way to make me feel like a dumbass for even bothering to "argue" about any of this. V not kvlt.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

You're the one who got butthurt about my assessment. IDGAF broooo

^ dying at this. This is the right way to make me feel like a dumbass for even bothering to "argue" about any of this. V not kvlt.

I have a hard time believing you have enough self-awareness re: your garbage opinions to ever actually feel like a dumbass TBH

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
kvlt? you're talking about dudes in cargo shorts 'throwing down'

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hell I dunno, kvlt is just my general catch-all for the aforementioned "adults who get mad about metalcore" and other people who take their chosen subgenre of metal way too seriously

so yes, dudes in cargo shorts throwing down too :v:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Wamsutta posted:

It's super loving weird to be an elitist about early 2000s metalcore and the scene and shows etc. Dog, it was music written for children a decade ago, we're in our mid 30s, its over. Like, I love me my old poo poo, but it's absolutely silly to take it that seriously. *folds arms, clips keys to belt loop, mean mugs thread*

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kvlt in the metalcore thread haha

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

now see black metal people drive like this, and death metal people drive like that

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I got the ad for Goon Black Metal at the bottom of this thread lol that is all

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

New Emmure is streaming on stuff as of today. I know they are objectively a bad band but they're fun to listen to and have the guitarist from Tony Danza who is a loving beast. If you're into it, enjoy. If not, listen to something else idk

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Emmure sucks and Frankie Palmeri is a garbage human being to the point where literally the entire band except for him quit because they all hated him. It wasn't even the first time multiple band members quit because of him, either.

Even if you can ignore the fact that the band is basically "some shithead and whatever musicians he can rope into working with him at the moment" their music is awful, it's literally Limp Bizkit/Korn-style nu-metal with slightly heavier vocals

like holy poo poo I feel bad for Josh Travis going from Tony Danza and Glass Cloud to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEEwRN_YFk

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why would a mathcore guy join a band that does nothing but breakdowns?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
The problem I've always had with Emmure is why listen to them when you can listen to TAS? TAS does everything better than Emmure does without even trying.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

If we have to pick teams like this is Twilight then I'm team TAS all the way but Emmure have made some stuff I like. They lost me with the last full length tho, and what I've heard of the new one doesn't do it for me. I like Goodbye to the Gallows (I will never not LOL at how the intro track on that is a note for note rip of Carbomb), Speaker of the Dead and Slave to the Game a lot for lift the weights times.

Speaking of TAS, where are their new tunes at? They hit the studio last June if I recall. Dang

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

If we have to pick teams like this is Twilight then I'm team TAS all the way but Emmure have made some stuff I like. They lost me with the last full length tho, and what I've heard of the new one doesn't do it for me. I like Goodbye to the Gallows (I will never not LOL at how the intro track on that is a note for note rip of Carbomb), Speaker of the Dead and Slave to the Game a lot for lift the weights times.

Speaking of TAS, where are their new tunes at? They hit the studio last June if I recall. Dang

They put out a song or two on that Depression Sessions split a little while ago. One cover and one original, the original was pretty good.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah the original was in the vein of the sludgier doomy stuff they like doing, I enjoyed it. The rest of that split though, absolute yikes.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

I pick the team that doesn't have a white kid from NYC going on Twitter rants calling people faggots and niggers

the fact that TAS is an infinitely better band is tangential in this context

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I've been a TAS fan for a long time, and I never ever could understand the comparison between them and Emmure. Maybe like 10 years ago they sounded kind of similar, but as time went on neither band sounds even remotely like the other.

TAS is what I consider a Good Band (although lots of people I know disagree) but Emmure is just a parody of itself that has lasted too long. I do think Frankie has some cool blood-curdling screamy type vocals when he's on his game, but I've seen them live a few times and it typically doesn't translate well live. Also they write good breakdowns here and there.

And anyway after I wrote my previous post I actually listened to the new Emmure and it's overall really disappointing and the only good songs are the singles I heard already. Low expectations going in but it would have been cool if they wrote something halfway decent as a full length.

Lastly, I grew up in NYC and know a pretty big handful of people who know Frankie and I'm well aware that he's an rear end in a top hat. Fun fact (the thread will totally think I'm a schmuck for "bragging" about this) but a girl I slept with years ago was getting texts from Frankie asking her to chill while she was at my place lol gently caress you Frankie.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

There is no context in which cucking Emmure Frankie isn't both cool and good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

new thread title right here

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Wamsutta posted:

:perfect:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New Within The Ruins album dropped today. I've fallen out of love with them more and more with each new release, but I'm still going to give it a spin later. (Ataxia IV should at least be worth it. I almost think I'd like them more as an instrumental band at this point)

Also, Emmure is v bad.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
That new Within the Ruins is legit. They have the coolest sounding bass tone in the business. Also, there's a new Tragic Hero release up today from a new Japanese band that has kept my head nodding through a morning at the office. If you're looking for something new, check out "Dreamscape" by Earthists. Apple Music

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Beelzebozo posted:

That new Within the Ruins is legit. They have the coolest sounding bass tone in the business.

So, does this sound different then their previous albums? Because I enjoy Within The Ruins but all their poo poo sounds the same.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They're not metalcore or anything but IMO TesseracT has one of the beefier bass tones in the general metal scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4R28hk95uQ

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So, does this sound different then their previous albums? Because I enjoy Within The Ruins but all their poo poo sounds the same.

That's a fair criticism, but I think there's some interesting poo poo happening on this one. Check out this part (should scrub to @2:46)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vv51uN-s60&t=166s

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with the new Within The Ruins album. I liked Creature and Invade, but Elite and Phenomena never really clicked for whatever reason, so I'm glad to have a little faith restored.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with the new Within The Ruins album. I liked Creature and Invade, but Elite and Phenomena never really clicked for whatever reason, so I'm glad to have a little faith restored.

Elite and Phenomena were exactly what I was referring too. You can put them on a playlist and not be able to pick out which album it came from.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I enjoy Within The Ruins but all their poo poo sounds the same.

From my cursory listen, it's basically the same poo poo.

However, I wholeheartedly welcome the addition of clean vocals. As much as I love sloppy, stupid, one-note breakdown bands (Filth), I really like it when metalcore bands add the dynamic of screaming with singing. As I Lay Dying, Unearth, God Forbid, etc. All these bands sound better with a little bit of clean singing thrown in here and there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

ShoogaSlim posted:

From my cursory listen, it's basically the same poo poo.

However, I wholeheartedly welcome the addition of clean vocals. As much as I love sloppy, stupid, one-note breakdown bands (Filth), I really like it when metalcore bands add the dynamic of screaming with singing. As I Lay Dying, Unearth, God Forbid, etc. All these bands sound better with a little bit of clean singing thrown in here and there.

who are you and what have you done with shooga

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
God Forbid's last album they released in 2012 before they broke up was a loving masterpiece. I still think they'll eventually have a reunion of sorts and scrape out an album ala Atreyu one day.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kumba posted:

who are you and what have you done with shooga

No, no. It's better this way.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'm pretty sure I've talked about enjoying lighter stuff in this thread. For example, I love the direction that The Contortionist has gone toward album after album. I actually prefer listening to their Rediscovered tracks more than the album itself (which is fantastic). And I really love the acoustic version of Ebb and Flow by Misery Signals.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

I'm pretty sure I've talked about enjoying lighter stuff in this thread. For example, I love the direction that The Contortionist has gone toward album after album. I actually prefer listening to their Rediscovered tracks more than the album itself (which is fantastic). And I really love the acoustic version of Ebb and Flow by Misery Signals.

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about Rediscovered now I'm excited to listen to it again thank you

I wish there were more bands like The Contortionist and Between the Buried and Me

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Idk if these two bands directly compare, but if you like Contortionist's Rediscovered tracks, you might like this band from the UK (now broken up) called The Elijah. I wish I could figure out how to best describe them (or better yet, discover more bands that sound similar). It's like ambient, orchestral, downtempo, melancholic melodic metalcore with both harsh and clean vocals. It's incredible and I wish they would have came to America before disbanding.

Here's a single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2zMsVVCXw

Here's the whole album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPAYJyb_-I

Here's the whole album played live, which has its own nuances and sounds loving incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od8nVS_JdTw

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fuuuck, is Language Rediscovered really only available on either super-limited vinyl pressings or Apple music? :smith:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kelp Me! posted:

Fuuuck, is Language Rediscovered really only available on either super-limited vinyl pressings or Apple music? :smith:

Yes and it is really loving annoying

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Does this Spotify link for Language Rediscovered not work for you guys?

https://open.spotify.com/album/6vJa0gCS940icLAUC7cqux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh I don't use Spotify or any streaming, I have an unhealthy need to own physical copies so they way they have only released it in iTunes to buy is pretty annoying