Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Mike was just taking a poo poo and refused to get off the john during filming which included watching the movies. Mike being Mike

he may have started buttchugging his drinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FuturePastNow posted:

did Mike die

no he just changed his name to Josh

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
It's probably a good idea for Josh to be the guy that intros the videos rather than a guy who explains the videos when he's on from now on. He was okay in this one because we didn't have to hear him laboriously describe a silly movie about dinosaurs scene by scene.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

In the Nioh Pre-Rec video Jay says he likes Carpenter Brut and Perturbator

All his past bad opinions and preferences have been forgiven

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Double Bill posted:

Ah yes Jay likes the exact same techno music that everyone else is going coocoo for. What an avant garde statement worthy of accolades

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yes, it's surprising he likes popular good music, considering his terrible taste for movies

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Double Bill posted:

You are in no position to pass judgment on Jay.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dmitri-9 posted:

You are in no position to pass judgment on Jay.

I watched Neon Demon on his recommendation, I'm allowed to poo poo on him all day long

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jay watches bad movies and listens to bad music, these RLM guys seem like some kind of frauds

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

Jay watches bad movies and listens to bad music, these RLM guys seem like some kind of frauds

i think if one critiques but cannot do they would typically be referred to as a hack

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Double Bill posted:

I watched Neon Demon on his recommendation, I'm allowed to poo poo on him all day long

Best comedy of 2016

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I don't know how you get tricked into watching Neon Demon if it's not your kind of thing because it's one of those movies where you should be able to tell right away from like a 10 second clip if it is or not.

(it owns)

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://youtu.be/KgmoMO66uPg?t=1536

Is this canon?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Jay is the only one on the show with good movie opinions jesus christ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Double Bill posted:

:respek:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Terrific Accident posted:

Jay is the only one on the show with good movie opinions jesus christ

It's true. I remember in an early episode he made a reference to Kurt Russell's The Devils and me not knowing about the name I looked it up and watched it. It's definitely a movie Jay would enjoy.

Here, enjoy the banned "Rape of Christ" scene that was removed in the original release: :nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qj_CZ2lgoY

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

https://youtu.be/KgmoMO66uPg?t=6149

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All of it checks out. Especially, Max Landis's claim of 89 sexual partners.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Paladinus posted:

All of it checks out. Especially, Max Landis's claim of 89 sexual partners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&feature=youtu.be&t=6455

Yeah I just got to that one

Edit: It's absolutely true and that is 100% really Max

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So is there some joke with the garfield thing I'm not getting? I've heard it gets super weird at the end but is that really it? Goons cannot stop linking this high comedy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Garfield is an American comic strip created by Jim Davis. Published since 1978, it chronicles the life of the title character, the cat Garfield, Jon, his owner, and Jon's dog, Odie. hth

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

So is there some joke with the garfield thing I'm not getting? I've heard it gets super weird at the end but is that really it? Goons cannot stop linking this high comedy.

Lasagna Cat was a funny youtube channel by Fatal Farm and they had not updated in ten years and now they are back, sorry things people enjoy are hard for you

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

counterfeitsaint posted:

you either get this joke of reenacting garfield jokes and the music videos and analysis funny, especially for having such a stunning amount of effort for bizarre jokes on youtube, or you don't, it's okay.

i don't think i can show these videos to anyone i know in real life, unlike even the plinkett reviews with some warnings to cover my rear end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's just weird indie film type parody, but with Garfield.

It was funny, I guess.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's hours of the same joke repeated over and over with increasingly deformed manequinns over time, capped off with some disturbing poo poo combined with Jim Davis interviews. That's it, but I laughed my rear end off.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

It's just weird indie film type parody, but with Garfield.

It was funny, I guess.

It's not actually that at all

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He is a cat that loves to snack.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not actually that at all

The part at the end that's different is.

The rest is just recordings of people that called in.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The cat

- likes lasagna
- hates Mondays

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The cat

- likes lasagna
- hates Mondays

- HAS YOUR PIPE

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The cat

- likes lasagna
- hates Mondays

Does anyone have the timestamp for when it's mondays at the door because I missed it.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Capntastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&feature=youtu.be&t=6455

Yeah I just got to that one

Edit: It's absolutely true and that is 100% really Max

drat, he's really been enjoying Vancouver

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

- HAS YOUR PIPE

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I remember the reenacted Garfield strips from forever ago being funny, I don't see what that has to do with the 4 1/2 video everyone keeps linking though. Is it really just people who called in who are listening for themselves or someone they might know?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

I remember the reenacted Garfield strips from forever ago being funny, I don't see what that has to do with the 4 1/2 video everyone keeps linking though. Is it really just people who called in who are listening for themselves or someone they might know?

No, it's not just those people.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's a follow-up to the trailer for the new lasagna cat videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7LQNDkobA

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Here is the entire story, Lasagna Cat released a new teaser telling people to call a toll-free number and leave their full name and number of sexual partners they've had if they want more Lasagna Cat videos. So they got four hours of people calling in to either straight-up say how many sexual partners they've had, lie about how many sexual partners they had, or to try and be Funny Guys by giving fake names or saying unrelated bullshit. One guy, who I want to believe is real, went on a 5-minute-long rant about how he had a bunch of cybersex on MSN Messenger.

The last 20 minutes or so of the video is loving nuts, and more than a little disturbing.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

You don't think it's funny, that's fine, absolutely no one's judging you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I hope hitb does a cure for wellness next

Yes Leto Bateman is out but they haven't reviewed animated movies. Reviews have been alternating between love and hate but agreeing that it's bizarre, so it's not clear which they'd go with. I want to see Jay talk about horror movies some more, too

• Locked thread