Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/835637778759168004

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/835637821943787521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

New Orleans is the kind of weird Austin wishes it could be. Easily one of the best cities on the continent. Lol at that float. They must have felt like idiots after the Boogie trade.

I'm bummed that I couldn't swing a trip down there for All-Star weekend. It's one of three places in America left on my bucket list.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I went to the city of Nerlens not long after Katrina and had a lot of fun

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'm not positive but RW may be the only other guy besides Wilt to do a 17/18/17 game.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is that a record most minutes in a game with 0 points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks

Joel Anthony did the same in 29 minutes back in 2011. That's the record since 1984 at least.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Holy poo poo I havnt looked at the standings carefully since beginning of January. Where did the Heat come from...

Justise Winslow's season-ending injury helped them a lot.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm bummed that I couldn't swing a trip down there for All-Star weekend. It's one of three places in America left on my bucket list.

If you come down during a time the Pels have a home game, hit me up.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

:rip:

Payne is a negative WS player.

Current thoughts on the Bulls organization:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2VJBmXExw

Replace "Harvey Dent"/"James Gordon" with Bulls organization and "Blackgate Prison" with the United Center.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 26, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
imo Shaq crossed a line into Punching Down territory which is the ultimate foul move

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Zogo posted:

:rip:

Current thoughts on the Bulls organization:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2VJBmXExw&t=144s

Replace "Harvey Dent"/"James Gordon" with Bulls organization and "Blackgate Prison" with the United Center.

win shares doesn't account for dance ability tho

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, I hadn't looked at D'Angelo's stats in a while, and man his FG% is in the toilet. If he cut out half of his dumb threes, his shooting percentages would skyrocket

Its not a good idea for the majority of your FGA to 3s when you're shooting 34% from 3

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
you miss all the threes you don't take

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

leftist heap posted:

the elusive quintuple zero

28 trillion and ten dang that's not good

dokmo posted:

Of course there's a market for these guys. They are useful, productive players. Any contending team would love to have them on the roster. The question is asking price. All I can think of is that the Nuggets desperately want to make the playoffs and weren't willing to move them for less than a first.

I'm sayin' I can see a market for Chandler and that awful retch-inducing uncanny neckbaby of his but Gallinari is a bad player (as in, slightly below average by most metrics) on a disproportionately big contract and I wouldn't want him on my team if I was a GM.

I dunno is there something good about "Ernest and Julio" Gallo I'm not seeing? He's been failin' my eye test for years now and stats don't really like him either. Is it just that he can shoot some?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

leftist heap posted:

imo Shaq crossed a line into Punching Down territory which is the ultimate foul move

In my Holy Book of Morality one of the seven accepted ways to instantly "lose" an internet fight is to unironically threaten to kick someone's rear end IRL

edit:

Zogo posted:

He's been real bad this year and you could have heard it discussed on BALL: I Have Nothing Else To Say: The Podcast if I hadn't somehow corrupted the audio file for the second half of the show and wrecked the entire thing :allears: (that's supposed to be the emoticon with his face in his hands but Firefox crashes if I open up the smilies page to look it up so whatever)

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 26, 2017

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Zogo posted:

I'm not positive but RW may be the only other guy besides Wilt to do a 17/18/17 game.

Rondo had 18/17/20 against the Knicks a few years ago

and apparently Magic did it in '89. Those three are the only in the past 30 years

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

leftist heap posted:

Be fair. There's very few people Shaq would be able to punch up at. He is very tall.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/835612932880879616

GM Kyle?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chicago fans got angry when Morrow wore #1 to the point that he changed it.

I don't know how to feel about that

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ChickenMedium posted:

Be fair. There's very few people Shaq would be able to punch up at. He is very tall.

His arms aren't too short to box with god.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why would Shaq want to box with CM Punk

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

IcePhoenix posted:

Why would Shaq want to box with CM Punk

Indeed, when he could easily beat him on the mat.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

28 trillion and ten dang that's not good

I'm sayin' I can see a market for Chandler and that awful retch-inducing uncanny neckbaby of his but Gallinari is a bad player (as in, slightly below average by most metrics) on a disproportionately big contract and I wouldn't want him on my team if I was a GM.

I dunno is there something good about "Ernest and Julio" Gallo I'm not seeing? He's been failin' my eye test for years now and stats don't really like him either. Is it just that he can shoot some?

By PER, WS, and BPM he's been a good starting-calibre player for several years. He's the kind of guy that can fill in lots of different roles. He's an efficient scorer, a decent 3 point shooter, doesn't turn the ball over and gets you some rebounds. I wouldn't build a team around him, but 15 million is low-end starter money and he achieves that. He'd probably either start or get 6th man minutes on most of the contending teams this year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is how God mows his lawn

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Is he gonna use the knife & fork on the burger or on the wedges

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Is he gonna use the knife & fork on the burger or on the wedges

The smart water

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I will never not laugh at a multimillionaire doing social media product placement. Gotta sell out in all ways at all times!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

lebron james, champion of the people, king of cleveland, customer of local barbershops

*eats burgers outdoor with a knife and fork*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I like salmon and never understood the point of salmon burgers

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Same, I love salmon but I think the texture of salmon wouldn't work that well with bread

But then again I wasn't born in cleveland

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I can confirm that what LeBron is doing is very Akron. Even would go so far as to say unassailably so.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the further west you go towards the great plains the worse the concept of 'food' becomes until you hit the gentle slopes of the rockies, acting as a shield for the culture of the west coast against inland barbarity

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"And the Charlotte Hornets select...Frank Kaminsky!"

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/835624179697213440

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/835625273731141632

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Salmon patties are good. I will not have any Salmon patty slander on this forum.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's not just a terrible Midwest thing. Salmon burgers are a trendy bistro staple here too. Instead of some delicious flakey salmon on its own, I have to bite into some hearty wheat bun slathered in lemon aioli

Salmon is perfect on its own :mad:

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 26, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You People steal good wholesome food for trendy bistros all the time. See: $15 Chopped Cheese

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

IMO report anyone caught holding a salmon burger to animal abuse

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

lmao if you're a salmon and get slaughtered for lebron's lovely burg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Salmon patties are good. I will not have any Salmon patty slander on this forum.

Yeah but just making salmon is even better. It's like putting steak sauce on a steak.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Paging Bulls and Nate Rob fans:

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/835682754033553408

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Forget salmon patties why does Frank look like he is actually dodging people driving to the paint? Charlotte fans i feel bad for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Nate Rob was getting clowned on by my lil boy Kay the other day

• Locked thread