Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
New Cell vs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQe4H7dgvbU

I love that TFS is doing these mini-sodes between episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They should have had this one before Kenshiro's.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

From what I understand, Planet Fuckhead actually did develop a little in the manga to the point where they had religion and such, though Zamasu was still all "Ningens, though".

I hope a pterodactyl caveman shows up in the Tournament of Power and cleans house.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

I hope a pterodactyl caveman shows up in the Tournament of Power and cleans house.

If only our group had brought in Monster Beast Giran.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
i wonder if Universe 6 will being any humans with them. Let them see the people who wished them back to life only to have their entire universe erased.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zamasu posted:

Who are you rooting for?
Krillin. He's going to win the Tournament of Power with his signature move the Destructo Disk IMO.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Rutibex posted:

Goku is really irritating, most people would naturally dislike him.

Haha Zamasu is Frank Grimes.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

sharktamer posted:

holy poo poo

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

sharktamer posted:

"I'll destroy the multiverse because I'M SON GOK-"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

... Welp, that explains everything.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

sharktamer posted:

This is the most totally accurate one line description of the Goku Black arc I've ever read.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Raxivace posted:

Krillin. He's going to win the Tournament of Power with his signature move the Destructo Disk IMO.
Solid choice there. And don't forget about his deadly rock throwing technique.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPjoYgamJoA&t=19s

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

sharktamer posted:

He lives in a single room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

And yet...

:effort:

that's why db video games exist

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

StrifeHira posted:

And yet...

:effort:

Who ever gave the thumbs up on this. "Yeah uh just do a moderately sized ki ball with a vague and thin aura coming from it for the strongest attack in the series"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Who ever gave the thumbs up on this. "Yeah uh just do a moderately sized ki ball with a vague and thin aura coming from it for the strongest attack in the series"

GT's art direction was just a giant mess.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

that's why db video games exist

"Hey, this attack is kind of lack luster. How can we make it look better for our game?"

"gently caress it, just recolor final flash"

AndwhatIseeisme fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 26, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

food for thought: ssj4 gogeta was actually super saiyan god 4 gogeta

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New episode is out.

Caros
May 14, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

New episode is out.

Universe ningen level is the new power level.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
About the new episode:

Goku is in total Cell games mode with Gohan here. I love that Goku's go to solution for "Gohan needs to be stronger" is to just throw him to the wolves.

How did no one predict a draw for this fight? It seems kind of an obvious ending in retrospect. Although it's still bullshit, Gohan was totally the last man standing.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Apparently we're not going to see all of the universes fight here, four of them are exempt? Maybe that's where the plot goes after this.

Caros
May 14, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

About the new episode:

Goku is in total Cell games mode with Gohan here. I love that Goku's go to solution for "Gohan needs to be stronger" is to just throw him to the wolves.

How did no one predict a draw for this fight? It seems kind of an obvious ending in retrospect. Although it's still bullshit, Gohan was totally the last man standing.

Nice.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The reveal this episode that certain universes were going to be wiped regardless now makes Goku's tournament ploy justified in hindsight. Since now instead of him dooming trillions, he gave the whole universe a chance to save itself since it was destined for the chopping block anyway.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Teek posted:

The reveal this episode that certain universes were going to be wiped regardless now makes Goku's tournament ploy justified in hindsight. Since now instead of him dooming trillions, he gave the whole universe a chance to save itself since it was destined for the chopping block anyway.

yeah this fixes that particular angle a little bit, though it also sort of telegraphs that the universes who are exempt from the tournament are where the REAL challenges are and will probably be important in the future, if not during the latter half of this arc. theres no way Goku will be satisfied with only fighting the weaker universes now that he knows there's stronger ones.

also beerus and the supreme kai blaming eachother for their universe being so weak is super funny, both of them are apparently terrible at their jobs

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think the issue would be that Goku still does not give a runny liquid poo poo either way as long as he gets to punch things that punch back.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am glad that we are getting universal average power levels now. I expect to see the internet take these numbers and calculate them into vs videos for the next 10 years.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this means that man with shotgun was above average for the entire universe

you go buddy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Uh oh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

this means that man with shotgun was above average for the entire universe

you go buddy

We can not assume that Zeno uses the same power scale as Friezas army, come on now!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rutibex posted:

We can not assume that Zeno uses the same power scale as Friezas army, come on now!

I mean, Babidi didn't.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like the implication that the purpose of all life, and evolution itself in the Dragonball multiverse is to create strong kung-fu men. It's like being confronted by Lavos.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wait, so this means Universe 6 has stronger fighters than Universe 7? Is Hit single-handedly raising the average for his entire universe?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kelp Plankton posted:

also beerus and the supreme kai blaming eachother for their universe being so weak is super funny, both of them are apparently terrible at their jobs[/spoiler]

I wonder how they calculate universal power levels. Do empty planets count? Microscopic life? If Beerus had destroyed everyone except a free-floating apartment complex with Goku, Frieza, and Cell all sharing a place, would their universal power be super high, and can somebody make that into a sitcom with Beerus as their landlord?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheHan posted:

Wait, so this means Universe 6 has stronger fighters than Universe 7? Is Hit single-handedly raising the average for his entire universe?

I mean they got their Planet Vegeta still intact and full of Saiyans. Also probably Braly.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The way existence works in Dragon Ball really is loving brutal. Everything and everyone just gets wiped for balance. So do all these countless lives go to an afterlife or does erase really mean erase?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flubby posted:

The way existence works in Dragon Ball really is loving brutal. Everything and everyone just gets wiped for balance. So do all these countless lives go to an afterlife or does erase really mean erase.

Afterlife is part of the universe. No more halo dudes chilling around. It's like Beerus, you don't just die he erases your soul.

Dragonball had to go here, after countless seasons of thumbing their nose at death.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Millions of fanboys scrambling to change the bio for the op OC to be originally from universe 12

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It turns out that 10 point scale Toriyama gave describing SSB Goku as 6 and Beerus as a 10 and Whis as a 15 was the same one as the Mortal Level Ranking Scale.

I am just making that up. But it would not shock me if that were true. It would mean that that Universe 1, 12, 5, and 8's people are stronger then Goku on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
What if Goku and crew are still in the upper echelon of mortals, but killing Frieza and his whole organization plummeted their score.

• Locked thread