Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man it's really weird to see a guy that took over NBA playoff games be in a D-league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
YOUR SALMON HAS THE WRONG RAM

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/835682754033553408/photo/1

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

EvanTH posted:

I dunno is there something good about "Ernest and Julio" Gallo I'm not seeing? He's been failin' my eye test for years now and stats don't really like him either. Is it just that he can shoot some?

He's lost a step since the ACL thing and his defense is pretty poor, but he's still a decent shooter and really good at getting to the line.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but just making salmon is even better. It's like putting steak sauce on a steak.

Dude. You don't take good salmon to make a salmon patty. You use canned salmon. And lmao if you just eat plain canned salmon like some kind of crazy cat lady.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
mmmMMMmm $15 canned salmon burgers, what a great night out

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Like, is this just him setting up a TV tray in his driveway?

Probably got sick cuz he didn't properly cook through that Salmon patty.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nerlens is gonna be great for the Mavs.

https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/status/835699529143959553

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Lockback posted:

Like, is this just him setting up a TV tray in his driveway?

Probably got sick cuz he didn't properly cook through that Salmon patty.

Yes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/nbadleague/status/835703276003819520

Former Bulls players cooking in the D-League

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChickenMedium posted:

Dude. You don't take good salmon to make a salmon patty. You use canned salmon. And lmao if you just eat plain canned salmon like some kind of crazy cat lady.

Canned salmon sounds gross. Why bother at that point?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

There's a big brouhaha going on in Knicks fandom about whether to tank or win.

An Angry Melo Fan posted:

Boo that you ungrateful fucks. This kind of loving poo poo and all the loving tanking threads is why no one wants to loving play in New York. Why don't you useless pieces of loving East River garbage boat dump trashbags actually loving cooperate for once in your loving lives and appreciate that we actually had someone who gave a gently caress about us. Marbury sure didn't give a gently caress, and neither did Andrea Bargnani's pasta linguini loving Italian Meatball ravioli fuckass full of loving olive oil loving fingers. Ungrateful fucks, we don't deserve Melo for all the good poo poo he's done for us you pieces of loving poo poo.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

IcePhoenix posted:

Because you get protein and healthy fats instead of inflammatory fats and heart-damaging red meat

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
News: Rockets beat Wolves 142 130, took 58 threes

Views: 2017 houston rockets nba championship baby

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I wonder what year the NBA has to change the three pointer?

Like the intentional foul it's an exponential growth thing so I'd reckon 2019

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

Because it tastes good and costs roughly 1/10th of fresh salmon. It's not exactly haute cuisine.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/835548588482519040

Lebron: better 3 point shooter than dollar store Steve Nash

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ChickenMedium posted:

Because it tastes good and costs roughly 1/10th of fresh salmon. It's not exactly haute cuisine.

But that goes back to the "why am I paying $15 for this" argument against salmon burgers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Delly was traded to Milwaukee for a trade exception, which was sent to Chicago for Mike Dunleavy, who was sent to Atlanta for Kyle Korver, who recruited Deron Williams and is also fixing Tristain Thompson and Richard Jefferson's shooting

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks Delly :unsmith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The team sans lebron is now 4-15 and 0-3 against the bulls this season

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

News: Rockets beat Wolves 142 130, took 58 threes

Views: 2017 houston rockets nba championship baby
I've been insisting for like forever that the line should be at least at the old ABA depth of 25 feet with no baseline shortening. Widen the court if you have to.

My only worry with the Rockets taking that many threes is that they become so one-dimensional that any competent defense in the playoffs can figure it out and they eventually get smoked in a sweep by somebody. Mike D'Antoni is the Mike Martz of basketball.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

So Delly was traded to Milwaukee for a trade exception, which was sent to Chicago for Mike Dunleavy, who was sent to Atlanta for Kyle Korver, who recruited Deron Williams and is also fixing Tristain Thompson and Richard Jefferson's shooting
LeBron James NBA Executive of the Year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There's a big brouhaha going on in Knicks fandom about whether to tank or win.

I thought Knicks fans were being dramatic in the nba subreddit but holy gently caress that Knicks subreddit is cancer. How can you not enjoy winning against a divisional rival with a last second step back jumper?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

N: Andrew Wiggins scored 30 points tonight, which was his franchise record 17th straight game of 20 or more points.

V: Cool

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wade finished one rebound short of a triple-double.

https://twitter.com/IamFelicio/status/835717089239449600

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Golden 1 Center is super cool.

The Kings are bad.

The refs were worse.

That's my trip report.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Crazy Ted posted:

My only worry with the Rockets taking that many threes is that they become so one-dimensional that any competent defense in the playoffs can figure it out and they eventually get smoked in a sweep by somebody. Mike D'Antoni is the Mike Martz of basketball.

I mean, they'll prob. go down to the Warriors or Spurs, but they have Jimmy H. finishing at the rim so it's not like defenses can just ignore the paint.

Nobody can really cover the Harden/small ball lineup that well, but they will lose on the boards/lovely defense.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 26, 2017

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Golden 1 Center is super cool.

The Kings are bad.

The refs were worse.

That's my trip report.
Why in the name of god is Anthony Tolliver starting in the NBA :stare:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Skal Labissiere looks kind of ok

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Why in the name of god is Anthony Tolliver starting in the NBA :stare:

He played shooting guard a couple weeks ago for a bit

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

But that goes back to the "why am I paying $15 for this" argument against salmon burgers

It's LeBron. He's eating a salmon burger and fries with wine and a sports drink. Clearly neither money nor good taste are factors in anything he does.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Warriors release Briante Weber, probably going after another guard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The warriors clinched the playoffs which was apparently the fastest ever somehow.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

The warriors clinched the playoffs which was apparently the fastest ever somehow.

Because the 8th seed in the west has like 25 wins.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah it's not totally implausible the Warriors finish with twice as many wins as the 8th seed

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

E2M2 posted:

Warriors release Briante Weber, probably going after another guard.

Are you ready for Jose Calderón?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

warcrimes posted:

Are you ready for Jose Calderón?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/wfq4q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

LOL @ Gordon's reaction

• Locked thread