Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

poo poo's still red for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Monowhatever posted:

I had a short 10 minute window of normal green nat, now im back to red. I'm sick of the single player.

Same. NAT RED again. I did get one round in though. Skirmish :(

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Just got a notification on PC saying to restart your games as server outage is over. Jesus Christ though, 4 hour server outage, that's kinda loving disgraceful.

Edit: clearly loving not. restarted the game twice now and still red NAT.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 26, 2017

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Loopoo posted:

Just got a notification on PC saying to restart your games as server outage is over. Jesus Christ though, 4 hour server outage, that's kinda loving disgraceful.

Got the same on PS4, however the notification was a lie. The server outrage is not over.

edit: Duel vs AI works if you desperately need to grind prestige.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yea Eric Pope posted on Leddit and said the NAT issue has been fixed but it's still hosed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lmao

I got green NAT back and played a few rounds. Then the game told me to restart as the issue had been fixed. After restart, the NAT type has gone back to red :thumbsup:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Glad I'm not the only one. What a bizarre change. Hopefully it gets fixed by the morning.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Internet Kraken posted:

Seriously how does a Triple A game have server issues this bad barely a week after release? You'd think they would have someone fixing this ASAP.

Loopoo posted:

Edit: clearly loving not. restarted the game twice now and still red NAT.

Listen, friends, and I will tell you the story of the launch of a game called Grand Theft Auto Online

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Just gotta point out how sickeningly dishonorable a way this was for Ubisoft to defeat so many players. No honor whatsoever. Hopefully this cancerous tactic will be removed from the game so the real players can play unmolested.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

titties posted:

Listen, friends, and I will tell you the story of the launch of a game called Grand Theft Auto Online

I remember hearing world of warcraft had some early downtime where it was down more then up for the first month.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i got to play against someone when it was up for a second there. it was really fun.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Javes posted:

Why do matches against AI count toward your stats? I guess I shouldn't really care about my pub stats but I've been dueling against the AI while the servers are down with characters I haven't used much. I like knowing how well I am with certain characters and playing against the AI makes that difficult.

Yeah soon as I found that out I refuse to do the duel vs ai quests on any of the classes I like playing for fear of "tainting" my w/l record. If you gotta track vs ai stats they should be their own separate listing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Game is working for me again but matchmaking is taking forever, presumably because its still hosed for most people.

I broke a guy to the point where he said he felt useless though, so my Shugoki duty for the day is done.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I remember hearing world of warcraft had some early downtime where it was down more then up for the first month.

I mean, Blizzard gave us extra sub time for that.

Ubisoft should give me fire wings as compensation.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Count Bleck posted:

I mean, Blizzard gave us extra sub time for that.

Ubisoft should give me fire wings as compensation.

I'll settle for a "no stats" dominion mode

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Gimme 1000 steel and I'll call it even imo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well I can't play the game. Again. But hey I can edit the emblems still!

This one is the Ubisoft servers.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Internet Kraken posted:

Well I can't play the game. Again. But hey I can edit the emblems still!

This one is the Ubisoft servers.

:yeah:

I actually took a dip into realism difficulty in the story mode due to servers being down. Might actually be beneficial for online play because you're looking at movements and stances, and not indicators. Hahah who am I kidding

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Concurred posted:

:yeah:

I actually took a dip into realism difficulty in the story mode due to servers being down. Might actually be beneficial for online play because you're looking at movements and stances, and not indicators. Hahah who am I kidding

That is actually helpful because there are some attacks where you can bug out the indicators and the attack actually comes from the other direction.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah but the animations for those attacks look hosed up too so its not like it actually helps to watch their model.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I got a little unplugged icon instead of the red NAT so that is movement in some direction.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Whoever didn't add an option to refresh your NAT type in game should be shot.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Servers are up (again), still have a red NAT lmao

pretty bad rear end how this game has been unplayable for close to 8 hours today

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its okay its not like lots of people play games on the weekend anyways.

EDIT: Wow I just won a 1v4. Gravity is a Shugoki's best friend.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 26, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

fadam posted:

Still Red NAT here

fadam posted:

How is this poo poo still broken come on son

same

I've been solid green NAT all through beta and since launch and now today its red and can't get a single game. Ubisoft done broke their system.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I think my reations are just to slow to be good at this game, i cant deal with moving my guard quick enough while also being ready for a guard break counter

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Wandle Cax posted:

I think my reations are just to slow to be good at this game, i cant deal with moving my guard quick enough while also being ready for a guard break counter

Switching Square with L1 is the way to go with that, I guess, but since it's not native to the game, it fucks up all your menus. I can't believe I live on an earth where a video game doesn't let me at least switch control profiles.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

Switching Square with L1 is the way to go with that, I guess, but since it's not native to the game, it fucks up all your menus. I can't believe I live on an earth where a video game doesn't let me at least switch control profiles.

Not just 'a game'. A 60 dollar AAA game from a massive publisher.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Wandle Cax posted:

Just keep practicing, it comes with time. A big chunk of it is also anticipating what they are more likely to do. Good prediction will overcome slower reaction.

A big chunk of stuff though can be stopped on reaction though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
My NAT is back to green yay let's hit that daily!

*game full of revenge specced peacekeepers with nazi emblems*

Cool! :shepface:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

can i not tech tackles? do i gotta roll and counter?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I went to Elimination session 3 times, killed someone, each time someone would quit which would throw everyone back to main menu.

I'm done playing this game for now :argh:

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I used Steam controller config to set GB to L1, but now For Honor's anticheat kicks me out of matches for being Idle. While I'm clearly running around and participating. Thanks Ubisoft.

Goodchild fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 26, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Hypha posted:

Just keep practicing, it comes with time. A big chunk of it is also anticipating what they are more likely to do. Good prediction will overcome slower reaction.

A big chunk of stuff though can be stopped on reaction though.

How long do I bother spending on a game before deciding it's not for me though. I had a good time with the 2 betas and I thought I was going to really get into this and it's a good game but i'm not enjoying it at all. I've played about 13 hours and got the warden to level 18. How much time does it take to not constantly get your rear end kicked. And dominion is a whole other thing, constantly getting shanked from behind and mauled in 2v1s.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the gently caress is the deal with guardbreaks and people falling down? Here's how I understand it;

-Guardbreak someone and push them into a wall, and they will be staggered

unless

-They are out of stamina. If someone is out of stamina, they always fall over after being pushed

Except, sometimes when I throw a person out of stamina against a wall they bump against it. And I just got out of a match where I threw someone with no stamina twice and both times they kept standing. Its pretty frustrating given Shugoki can't land his embrace unless someone is staggered against a wall, and can't hit his heavy against someone that isn't on the ground. So having one happen when you expect the other fucks you over.

VVV Well it was a Peacekeeper I played against that didn't fall but that makes zero loving sense.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 26, 2017

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with guardbreaks and people falling down? Here's how I understand it;

-Guardbreak someone and push them into a wall, and they will be staggered

unless

-They are out of stamina. If someone is out of stamina, they always fall over after being pushed

Except, sometimes when I throw a person out of stamina against a wall they bump against it. And I just got out of a match where I threw someone with no stamina twice and both times they kept standing. Its pretty frustrating given Shugoki can't land his embrace unless someone is staggered against a wall, and can't hit his heavy against someone that isn't on the ground. So having one happen when you expect the other fucks you over.
Apparently assassin classes spamming guard break during exhaust will not make them fall down.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
In a list of things Ubi really needs to do about this game, loving idlers in dominion need to be dealt with.

Join a game, two people idle, enemy ahead by 900, one person barfing out the classic cuck insult.

Alternatively I could go to PvP dominion and get spawn locked by revenge builds.

What a loving shitshow.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Haha, I was just thinking "This looks fun, I'll check the SA thread before I buy it".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It is fun. It'd be so much easier to stop playing if it wasn't. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I dated a coke addict once. That was really fun, but looking back it the ratio of fun/grief was really not worth it. This seems similar, at least until Ubisoft fixes poo poo.