Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Allowing Newspaper Spidy in here is a bad move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

bobkatt013 posted:

Seriously, that kid is the greatest hero of them all.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Johnny Aztec posted:

NO AND THEN HE SAID " IN SOME NUTTY WAY, I GUESS I WIN."
YOU FORGOT THE BEST PART

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bobkatt013 posted:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CzarChasm posted:

XO posted about half of it

The rest is posted in the Newspaper Spider-Man thread. There's 18 years worth of strips archived in the OP.

Please move all further Newspaper Spider-Man talk there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Say Nothing posted:

New One Punch Man.

Rip whitey

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

X-O posted:

The rest is posted in the Newspaper Spider-Man thread. There's 18 years worth of strips archived in the OP.

Please move all further Newspaper Spider-Man talk there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This reminds me of a great bit in Remender's Punisher. The Hood resurrected a bunch of D-list villains to kill the Punisher and also brings back Microchip. He sarcastically introduces Microchip to the villains by pointing out how he set up Frank's missions, got him intel, cut the crusts off his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and so on.

Later in the issue, Frank's in a car with his then-new sidekick, who tosses him a PB&J sandwich.

"...did you cut off the crust?"

"Jesus, Frank. Of course. We're not savages."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've got this idea for a Punisher book ever since that storyline, where Microchip shows up at one of Frank's safehouses, gets shot in the face, and then heals up and goes "Yeah that whole demonic resurrection thing somehow made me unkillable, can I crash here?"

Marvel feel free to steal that one since you're never gonna hire me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Then Frank goes into a long arc of going about his business while occasionally fighting off demon hunters/demonic rivals, culminating in an extended clash of wits with Blade and Dr. Druid as they team up to try and kill off the number three demonic presence on the Eastern Seaboard?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I was thinking more Frank fights the mob while having to deal with his ex best-friend being his unpleasant roommate that he wants to kill but can't, and eventually realizes Microchip is family and even he can't really hate him anymore, and then they fight a demonic enemy and Micro gets uncursed and probably re-dies, giving a thumbs up.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I had one where Mojo or maybe Arcade throws Frank into a world driven by cartoon physics where no one can die from violence, and he snaps Silt Man's neck only for him to get up and go, "YOU KNOW, SIR, THIS. MEANS. WAR!" before righting his face.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Dyne posted:

I had one where Mojo or maybe Arcade throws Frank into a world driven by cartoon physics where no one can die from violence, and he snaps Silt Man's neck only for him to get up and go, "YOU KNOW, SIR, THIS. MEANS. WAR!" before righting his face.

I would def read this.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

goatface posted:

Then Frank goes into a long arc of going about his business while occasionally fighting off demon hunters/demonic rivals, culminating in an extended clash of wits with Blade and Dr. Druid as they team up to try and kill off the number three demonic presence on the Eastern Seaboard?

And Frank gets empowered by angels? That'd be great, right?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
itt we write Old World Of Darkness fanfiction starring Frank Castle

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
For all the times that we hate the Punisher and his violent ways, just remember this:

He got punched in the stomach by Molly Hayes.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

itt we write Old World Of Darkness fanfiction starring Frank Castle

White Wolf's new management is already way ahead you on this, unfortunately it looks like they tapped the elfgames equivalent of Frank Miller and a transphobic wanna-be puppetmaster for it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cangelosi posted:

For all the times that we hate the Punisher and his violent ways, just remember this:

He got punched in the stomach by Molly Hayes.

He also threw up because of it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Push El Burrito posted:

He also threw up because of it.

Threw up blood from his exploded organs.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who is Molly Hayes and why is she decking castle

Frank isn't usually the type to go after kids so im confused

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

site posted:

Who is Molly Hayes and why is she decking castle

Frank isn't usually the type to go after kids so im confused

She's a ten year old mutant who can exert a ridiculous amount of super strength in short bursts, before falling asleep. She's a member of the Runaways, a group of superpowered teen delinquents/wannabe heroes. They were in the middle of doing something technically illegal on behalf of the Kingpin, so Castle decided to give them a scare. Unfortunately he decided to sneak up on the little girl who once punched out a godzilla knockoff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was the only good part of Whedon's Runaways

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Avulsion posted:

the little girl who once punched out a godzilla knockoff.

Sounds like this girl needs to make a comeback

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kinda a shame she wont be in the TV series (mutants rights trainwreck).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilverSupernova posted:

Kinda a shame she wont be in the TV series (mutants rights trainwreck).

She is. They changed her last name but she's in it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Street Fighter vs. Darkstalkers #0

On a sidenote, I like how after like 15 years, UDON finally got far enough that they adapted Street Fighter III, the last installment in the game series' chronology. And after looking around and going "What do we do now?" someone suggested "I don't know. Gill and Jedah crossover team up?"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Oh I thought I heard that they were changing the character entirely and just keeping the first name.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

She's also much older.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The last appearance I can remember of Molly was a alternate future version of herself in one of the X-books, with...the Mystique/Wolvie lovechild I think. She was part of a group that came back in time or something, I don't remember.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

The last appearance I can remember of Molly was a alternate future version of herself in one of the X-books, with...the Mystique/Wolvie lovechild I think. She was part of a group that came back in time or something, I don't remember.

Battle of the Atom. It was bad. Her cameo was especially pointless because they made her a giant mass of muscle, which sort of misses the entire point of her character.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Look, we can post out-of-context Spidey images all day long.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Red posted:

It looks like he has his hand up. "Uh, Mr. Warren? Stan Lee jumped on my back again."

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Battle of the Atom. It was bad. Her cameo was especially pointless because they made her a giant mass of muscle, which sort of misses the entire point of her character.

She was back to being a hyperactive ten year old in the Secret Wars Runaways mini, which may not technically exist anymore but is still entirely worth reading.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Red posted:

I don't think there's any context that could ruin OR improve this image.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Chuck Tingle-esq titles.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pounded In The Butt By The Creator Of My Comic-Book Universe?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Red posted:

Yes we can

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

She's also much older.

I'm okay with this. Finding a child actor that isn't terrible on a tv budget is rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

I'm okay with this. Finding a child actor that isn't terrible on a tv budget is rare.

Also, the younger they start in a role the more dramatic and obvious their aging will appear.