Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Enzo and Cass as an act were ready. Their in ring work really isn't but I'm not entirely sure either of them is ever going to get much better and I think they realized that too.

With Crews, I could totally see that being a thing were HHH thought he wasn't ready yet but Vince wanted him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Crews is good at having matches where he does long strings of fun offense but he never gets to do that. They started him off with job matches where the jobbers were strangely competitive.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Crews is good at having matches where he does long strings of fun offense but he never gets to do that. They started him off with job matches where the jobbers were strangely competitive.

He should be repackaged as Matanza.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Well, he's short, so no-one would buy him taking 98% of a match against James Ellsworth, you see.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WWE is a big guy territory

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alain Post posted:

WWE is a big guy territory

Insert AJ v Braun here

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Well, he's short, so no-one would buy him taking 98% of a match against James Ellsworth, you see.

Sports have proven that no one under 6'2 can beat anyone above 6'2. It's just physics.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TheKingslayer posted:

Sports have proven that no one under 6'2 can beat anyone above 6'2. It's just physics.

I have absolutely no wrestling training and am not athletic at all but i'm 6' 5" so I can beat half the roster with no effort at all

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phace Phuck me Phillips

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hearing Apollo talk about himself on Talking Smack was really good and did more for him than anything Creative has, and it's a shame that won't ever be translated to Smackdown proper.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hearing Apollo talk about himself on Talking Smack was really good and did more for him than anything Creative has, and it's a shame that won't ever be translated to Smackdown proper.

Talking Smack has been one of the best things to happen to WWE in years

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Peyton Royce and Billy Kay would be the most over heels in the WWE if NXT actually had faces that the crowd cared about. Putting Nikki Cross through a table was an awesome spot but Nikki is a heel in a stable of monsters. Asuka is an invincible face so there is nothing villainous about beating her. Liv Morgan is too much of a jobber and I don't buy a cute jersey girl being bullied and Ember is like Asuka light. They need a Bailey to play off. They would be better off on Raw.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Keep in mind Raw is the priority show and not the receptacle to receive losers from NXT.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

A Baron Corbin/Apollo Crews Talking Smack exclusive feud could work.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I have absolutely no wrestling training and am not athletic at all but i'm 6' 5" so I can beat half the roster with no effort at all

Correct, the only exception is if the shorter man (still above 6'2) has a cool look, then they win.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How do large dogs factor into this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. Bow
2. Wow

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The brand split is 100% to blame for the callups. Simultaneously NXT got gutted and a bunch of potentials got called up too early (although on the bright side, if the brand split didn't happen Alexa Bliss mighta been in NXT for like 5 more years cause the show would still be on Charlotte-only mode). Enzo and Cass needed more time in ring but lets not act like there wasn't a post in these threads every day from Royal Rumble til April last year asking "WHERE'S ENZO AND CASS?"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lid posted:

He should be repackaged as Matanza.

What if his name was Btamdo?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interesting: https://twitter.com/ShopMattHardy/status/835650568441982976

Reby is citing her second pregnancy as the reason and her inability to fulfill orders as she's so sick.

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 26, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Interesting: https://twitter.com/ShopMattHardy/status/835650568441982976

Reby is citing her second pregnancy as the reason and her inability to fulfill orders as she's so sick.

Is Jarrett that hostile to the gimmick? I figured if Anthem wanted TNA/Impact to tour, the Hardys are almost a necessity and they're useful for building bridges with stuff like World of Sport due to name value.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he fucks them :q:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

His problem isn't his character his problem is that he has none.

Like I've literally never seen anything that suggests to me he has one and whenever I ask people for examples from his indy stuff the response is "he does flips!"

He was Akira Tozawa's gaijin best friend in the Monster Express stable in Dragon Gate, who were the greatest friends who ever were. More or less his character was "I'm a smiley happy nice guy until you gently caress with my friends and then I go sickhouse on you."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Is Jarrett that hostile to the gimmick? I figured if Anthem wanted TNA/Impact to tour, the Hardys are almost a necessity and they're useful for building bridges with stuff like World of Sport due to name value.

Jeff Hardy isn't allowed into the UK though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

He was Akira Tozawa's gaijin best friend in the Monster Express stable in Dragon Gate, who were the greatest friends who ever were. More or less his character was "I'm a smiley happy nice guy until you gently caress with my friends and then I go sickhouse on you."

And when he was in Blood Warriors/Mad Blankey he was that plus monster gaijin heel as well.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
this dolph feud should've been preceded by trying to make crews and kalisto a tag team full of flips and wet stunts, and then dolph injures kalisto during the heel turn, boom, a good feud. instead, it's empty as hell and just dolph wolloping dorks with a chair for pops.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just getting around to watching Talking Smack. The Usos have had multiple good segments from what I've seen. Maybe the Usos are good?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Just getting around to watching Talking Smack. The Usos have had multiple good segments from what I've seen. Maybe the Usos are good?

You're from the bay. The Usos are East Oakland as gently caress

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*Wrestler is a heel with a bit of edge*
Wrestler is good

*Wrestler is a white bread babyface*
Wrestler was never good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aww yeah, some of that boring. That's what I'm looking for.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

TNA wants them back. But there is a rumor that WWE is going to sign them and have them come back at Wrestlemania to possibly confront the New Day.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Tokamak posted:

Wrestler is good

Wrestler was never good

everyone loves cena tho

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Codependent Poster posted:

TNA wants them back. But there is a rumor that WWE is going to sign them and have them come back at Wrestlemania to possibly confront the New Day.

Would they let Matt be Broken Matt Hardy for that?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

uh oh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tokamak posted:

Wrestler is good

Wrestler was never good

Counterpoint: Dolph Ziggler

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

IcePhoenix posted:

Dolph Ziggler

ugh

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Was the Team Rocket version of Dolph actually good or was he just benefiting from the presence of AJ and Big E?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Delsaber posted:

Was the Team Rocket version of Dolph actually good or was he just benefiting from the presence of AJ and Big E?

Little of both. He's been doing the same schtick for like a decade now and it's gotten really stale because he never changes it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Delsaber posted:

Dolph had two good moments during that run: cashing in on Delberto and then getting his head kicked right the gently caress in in their match.

• Locked thread