Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

get that OUT of my face posted:

lena dunham has put her foot in her mouth so frequently that she must love the taste. writing that incident in her book is the sort of poo poo that makes you think, "why would you want anyone to know about this?" she's rich enough to hire a publicist to cover her tracks, but she's so stupid and full of herself that she probably doesn't see the need to

besides, lena's influence doesn't extend beyond Dem party elites and a handful of idiot millennials. most people have no idea who she is and don't particularly care

she should never have told anyone except her therapist; that is her and her family's business, to be litigated within the family, and nowhere else

it's just far too sensitive an event to let into the court of public opinion, but, lol, balls.ed.txt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I know it's an attempt at satire, but I think the person isn't realizing how the country would be had she won that night. I am stupidly curious about this, so I'm going to armchair QB it the best I can.

I don't know...let's say she squeaks out Wisconsin, Michigan and PA. She wins. 1/4th of the the country is probably ecstatic, 1/4th of the country is probably relieved, 1/4 of the country is pissed, and and 1/4 of the country probably doesn't give a poo poo.

I think after that you'd probably have a lot of feminists gaining traction within the media, and likely you'd have a bunch of sexism/anti-feminism coming out of the mouths of their opponents (Gamer Gaters, Milo, Sargon of Akkad, etc.). The unfortunate thing is...we're likely also dealing with a lot of people like Ted Cruz and a few others trying to grandstand in the aftermath of this to gain political traction. We're likely seeing more years of gridlock to boot, as the GOP will be drat to continue what they did against Obama from 2010 until he left office.

AntiFA, and the Women's Marches around the country DO NOT HAPPEN. Likely there are an insane amount of women for the Inauguration though (being that this is historic, unprecedented). I also think that perhaps that the "Tea Party" evolves into an "ALT RIGHT/TRUMPISM" movement, and we see a meltdown happen similiar to 2009-pres ramping up again. I think the scary thing is we see the Evangelical right mutate to fit into that movement (in the same manner they did the "Tea Party"), and we see a horror combination of Alt Right and Theocracy begin to rear it's ugly head. (Ted Cruz is your 2020 front runner. Let that sink in).

Do not get me wrong on any of this. Hillary would have been far better for this country's health short term.We're likely not all hear chatting about Muslim Bans, building a wall, etc. Those would be "LOL REMEMBER WHEN" sort of things in the same vain that we make fun of the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner.

It's the long term part that scares the poo poo out of me. Because this country was already heading down a not so "good" path in some ways. Trump's election just kinda exposed that to everyone.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

FuzzySkinner posted:

I know it's an attempt at satire, but I think the person isn't realizing how the country would be had she won that night. I am stupidly curious about this, so I'm going to armchair QB it the best I can.

I don't know...let's say she squeaks out Wisconsin, Michigan and PA. She wins. 1/4th of the the country is probably ecstatic, 1/4th of the country is probably relieved, 1/4 of the country is pissed, and and 1/4 of the country probably doesn't give a poo poo.

I think after that you'd probably have a lot of feminists gaining traction within the media, and likely you'd have a bunch of sexism/anti-feminism coming out of the mouths of their opponents (Gamer Gaters, Milo, Sargon of Akkad, etc.). The unfortunate thing is...we're likely also dealing with a lot of people like Ted Cruz and a few others trying to grandstand in the aftermath of this to gain political traction. We're likely seeing more years of gridlock to boot, as the GOP will be drat to continue what they did against Obama from 2010 until he left office.

AntiFA, and the Women's Marches around the country DO NOT HAPPEN. Likely there are an insane amount of women for the Inauguration though (being that this is historic, unprecedented). I also think that perhaps that the "Tea Party" evolves into an "ALT RIGHT/TRUMPISM" movement, and we see a meltdown happen similiar to 2009-pres ramping up again. I think the scary thing is we see the Evangelical right mutate to fit into that movement (in the same manner they did the "Tea Party"), and we see a horror combination of Alt Right and Theocracy begin to rear it's ugly head. (Ted Cruz is your 2020 front runner. Let that sink in).

Do not get me wrong on any of this. Hillary would have been far better for this country's health short term.We're likely not all hear chatting about Muslim Bans, building a wall, etc. Those would be "LOL REMEMBER WHEN" sort of things in the same vain that we make fun of the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner.

It's the long term part that scares the poo poo out of me. Because this country was already heading down a not so "good" path in some ways. Trump's election just kinda exposed that to everyone.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

this. with clinton, the GOP would have kept doing what they were doing and blocked everything, the IDpols on the left would grow more retarded and circle jerky and would erode dnc poo poo more. and the alt right would have gotten bigger and probaly pushed its way mainstream because of the GOP idiologicaly imploading after a trump loss. clinton would get jack poo poo done and i am sure the GOP would keep the email poo poo going, then cruz or someother sack of poo poo would win in 2020. i almost feel like its better to take the awful right wing poo poo now, then have it happen later and possibly under someone compitant.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. with clinton, the GOP would have kept doing what they were doing and blocked everything, the IDpols on the left would grow more retarded and circle jerky and would erode dnc poo poo more. and the alt right would have gotten bigger and probaly pushed its way mainstream because of the GOP idiologicaly imploading after a trump loss. clinton would get jack poo poo done and i am sure the GOP would keep the email poo poo going, then cruz or someother sack of poo poo would win in 2020. i almost feel like its better to take the awful right wing poo poo now, then have it happen later and possibly under someone compitant.

If we in the next 4 to 8 years wind up with W. Bush round 2 (with a war in Iran), A financial crisis that would make 1929 and 2008 blush or god forbid...some revival of the cold war going hot? Then I rescind my comments. But this doesn't seem to me like 2000 where McCain or Gore would have clearly been better options. It's like how do you like proto-fascism, with or without theocracy? Because we were getting one or the other in the future by the 2016 rolled around.

There are some "silver linings" coming from the aftermath of this election at least. For one? It looks like we're finally getting our left wing tea party this country has needed for a long drat time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuW_K2TVI-0&

(this women is my hero and she rocks :allears:).

You're also seeing a lot of organizing by various left wing groups such as "The Justice Democrats" and others. The Alt right is now a "shadow" of it's former self and the label is now thought of as being as toxic as hell. This president is also insanely upopular and I think it's way more likely we'll get a democratic senate/house in 2018 as every day ticks by. Only this time....it won't be full of Neo Lbs, but real true progressives from all walks of life.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

If we in the next 4 to 8 years wind up with W. Bush round 2 (with a war in Iran), A financial crisis that would make 1929 and 2008 blush or god forbid...some revival of the cold war going hot? Then I rescind my comments. But this doesn't seem to me like 2000 where McCain or Gore would have clearly been better options. It's like how do you like proto-fascism, with or without theocracy? Because we were getting one or the other in the future by the 2016 rolled around.

There are some "silver linings" coming from the aftermath of this election at least. For one? It looks like we're finally getting our left wing tea party this country has needed for a long drat time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuW_K2TVI-0&

(this women is my hero and she rocks :allears:).

You're also seeing a lot of organizing by various left wing groups such as "The Justice Democrats" and others. The Alt right is now a "shadow" of it's former self and the label is now thought of as being as toxic as hell. This president is also insanely upopular and I think it's way more likely we'll get a democratic senate/house in 2018 as every day ticks by. Only this time....it won't be full of Neo Lbs, but real true progressives from all walks of life.

yeah i have been reading about the justice democrats, they seem legit great. all the great progressive poo poo but with a freedom of speech Stuff and without the internet social justice neolib/lefty purity horseshit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

It's a real tweet

lmao he follows a lot of femdom twitters, too

spit on my clit has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Feb 24, 2017

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Lol bruh your child's generation will look at that picture and wonder what the runes on that paper are all about

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

It's a real tweet

lmao he follows a lot of femdom twitters, too

not sure what we're mocking here

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
https://twitter.com/wokieleaks1/status/835147205845581824

Its like two Identity Politics bots that keep chatting with each other.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fiction posted:

not sure what we're mocking here

im mocking both him comparing the treatment of trans people to the treatment of african-americans after their enslavement, and him being yet another pasty white guy who comes to the aid of women and other races by making GBS threads on white people instead of doing something that would actually help them.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I find it hilarious when people equate transgender struggle w/ black struggle especially considering the latter community's feelings towards the former

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

spit on my clit posted:

im mocking both him comparing the treatment of trans people to the treatment of african-americans after their enslavement, and him being yet another pasty white guy who comes to the aid of women and other races by making GBS threads on white people instead of doing something that would actually help them.

lol imagine putting on your big boy posting shorts and logging on to the internet to type this

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

call to action posted:

I find it hilarious when people equate transgender struggle w/ black struggle especially considering the latter community's feelings towards the former

do you know anything about the black trans community and its role in the gay liberation movement as a whole?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

do you know anything about the black trans community and its role in the gay liberation movement as a whole?

I do know that black people are statistically less accepting of LGBT people and gay marriage, but yes I do know about the extremely important role they played

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol imagine putting on your big boy posting shorts and logging on to the internet to type this

which part of that did you have a problem with, specifically

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

saying segregation is bad isn't exactly making GBS threads on white people

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mormonpartyboat posted:

:ironicat:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys are some morons

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fiction posted:

saying segregation is bad isn't exactly making GBS threads on white people

yeah, i jumped the gun on this guy assuming he's one of those "craps on white people" guys, but then i saw the only tweet that'd even remotly support that is how he said Sausage Party was 88 minutes of "Look at how pixary we are!" while making the same racist jokes...which he's absolutely correct on. I still think his comparison is dumb, but I retract the other point i tried making.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lmebo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

me:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

the words

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

who are we roasting today boys

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Karl Barks posted:

who are we roasting today boys

Jennifer Palmieri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ2aQR6IZC4

good loving lord.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Anyone associated with Hillary should be turned into a 2 minutes of hate.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Anyone associated with Hillary should be turned into a 2 minutes of hate.

https://twitter.com/ZackMaril/status/835660421046624256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Read this thread.

Holy loving poo poo.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Hating Comic Sans Is Ableist," says woman who wants to taste the curb

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Feb 26, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Criticizing Wahhabism = Islamophobia

https://twitter.com/SanaSaeed/status/835593179151806464

EDIT: This person wrote an article titled "Why I won't condemn ISIS." :stare:

https://thecooltable.org/2014/09/25/why-i-wont-condemn-isis/

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Feb 26, 2017

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
https://twitter.com/isaacinspace/status/821056736656097281

author of twilight ripoff 'warm bodies' laid the smackdown on trump for going after his book

except he didnt, because that's not a real trump tweet despite it circulating like one at this point

https://twitter.com/isaacinspace/status/835559340568260608

lets call it 'parody' instead of 'writing fanfiction about the president sending mean tweets at you' as though there isnt ten trillion actual things to mock trump for

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Are you hating on Jerkcity?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Communists are dumb and their poo poo is all retarded.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Spinning Robo posted:

https://twitter.com/isaacinspace/status/821056736656097281

author of twilight ripoff 'warm bodies' laid the smackdown on trump for going after his book

except he didnt, because that's not a real trump tweet despite it circulating like one at this point

https://twitter.com/isaacinspace/status/835559340568260608

lets call it 'parody' instead of 'writing fanfiction about the president sending mean tweets at you' as though there isnt ten trillion actual things to mock trump for

Good grief

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

the "funniest part" is that any example of people making fake trump tweets that gain traction makes his FAKE NEWS narrative gain legs with his supporters because at that point you actually are just making poo poo up

so good job hopping on the ME TOO bandwagon and missing that you are actually helping trump. Sad!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spinning Robo posted:

Why, there are no tweets directed at me at Trump's twitter page either! Am I so out of touch...no, it's the president that is wrong

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Office Surprise Store posted:

the "funniest part" is that any example of people making fake trump tweets that gain traction makes his FAKE NEWS narrative gain legs with his supporters because at that point you actually are just making poo poo up

so good job hopping on the ME TOO bandwagon and missing that you are actually helping trump. Sad!
at that point you can just say "well, what's the bowling green massacre? and that made-up attack in sweden?" but they'll say it's real because their god-emperor said it and he never lies

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDTwO0TlwOU

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

I have stayed out of all the DNC chair stuff, but I feel obliged to say something about this "business as usual" narrative.

Let's take a look back at the 2016 campaign for a moment.

The Dem primary saw a woman and a Jewish man take turns making history by being the first woman or Jewish person to win primaries/caucuses.

The party eventually nominated the first female major party candidate in history.

She then ran on the most progressive platform the Democrats have ever put forward.

The Democratic convention was run by three Black women: Marcia Fudge, Donna Brazile, and Leah Daughtry.

The breakout speaker at that convention was a Muslim man: Khizr Khan.

That convention also featured the first ever trans speaker at a major party convention: Sarah McBride.

Hillary Clinton's campaign had the most diverse campaign staff ever, including a gay campaign manager: Robby Mook.

Eventually, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes, getting more votes than any white male candidate ever.

The DNC just elected the first Latino chair ever, Tom Perez.

Had his strongest contender, Keith Ellison, won, the DNC would have elected its first Black Muslim chair.

Ellison will serve as deputy chair of the DNC, so Dems will be led by a Latino and a Muslim.

All of this is being described as "business as usual."

I don't know what political system you've been looking at, but that is not "business as usual."

This is the perfidy of the argument that "identity politics" don't matter. It allows people to ignore and dismiss marginalized leaders.

And the people whom they represent at the table. Many of whom have never had that sort of representation before.

And to ignore and dismiss those leaders in a moment when a fascist president is elevating white supremacy.

Thus we get incredible arguments that Democrats need to pander more to aggrieved white people *when we need to combat white supremacy*.

And somehow pandering to aggrieved white people is positioned as *the opposite* of business as usual.

That is exactly—and perilously—wrong.

identitypoltics.txt

https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/835880639777865730
https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/835881246626566144

Call Me Charlie has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread