Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I subbed in Terra and Rydia and honed Multibreak to R4, and it was going pretty well (that damage holy poo poo) until... I got hit by Fira and Fujin's AOE at the same time and someone died.

I think I'm going to go with plan gently caress it. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gossip Kills
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sunday Morning Tribes Sports Day Public Posting on Projectile and Mabel

I don't know how much more clear you faggots need this made out to you that you are loving with a game series you have no business to and you're doing it for the most willfyully ignorant and selfish reasons.

You're going to cost a lot of people a lot of money by loving up Midair and Tribes (just like Dave G). Please GET THE gently caress OUT OF TRIBES U FUKIN LOSERS .

congrats mabel ur a loving human being with a huge ego thanks for ruining midair - t:a #2
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686572

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

What on god's green earth

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Dare is a hell of a poster :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's the weirdest 11 pull I've ever seen.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

:allears: hi Dare

M Woof
Dec 15, 2013
Finally beat FF8 160 to get my third MC3. Any advice on who to level up? I'm in between Vaan as I have his OSB and BSB, or Yuna as she seems to be a mainstay in my team for her miracle veil. Maybe Gilgamesh as I've got his BSB and retameta is useful?

The other MC3s I have used on Ramza (for shout reasons) and Orlandeau (cos gently caress you FFT event for not letting me choose).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

M Woof posted:

Finally beat FF8 160 to get my third MC3. Any advice on who to level up? I'm in between Vaan as I have his OSB and BSB, or Yuna as she seems to be a mainstay in my team for her miracle veil. Maybe Gilgamesh as I've got his BSB and retameta is useful?

The other MC3s I have used on Ramza (for shout reasons) and Orlandeau (cos gently caress you FFT event for not letting me choose).

Vaan's RM is pretty strong (30% physical damage boost with a dagger equipped) but also pretty situational - I can't think of many times where I'd want to bring it along instead of taking a stronger physical weapon and a different RM, but if you've got a decent selection of daggers to take advantage of synergy bonuses then it can still be handy.

Yuna's RM is really good if you are running a summoner - especially if you have Alphinaud's BSB or something, since the summon damage boost applies to those BSB commands too, afaik. I think Devotion might still work out to be a little stronger, but I'm not sure on that math, and in certain situations it's probably worth giving up the difference in damage for not taking a defense / resistance hit.

If you wouldn't get great mileage out of either of them, then it comes down to picking who you'd rather have better stats for - personally, I tend to notice the difference more in damage-dealing characters than with dedicated support / healers, so I'd probably go with Vaan unless you have issues with Yuna being too squishy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I'd say Vaan is a good choice for MC3, he just barely doesn't hit 5 hits on Thief's Revenge at 80, so he needs a couple more levels to get there.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Also Vaan BSB is one of the best ones in the game, so that alone is a pretty good reason to level break him as far as you can.

M Woof
Dec 15, 2013
Cheers peeps! Guess Vaan has got some soloing to do in the Sunday dungeon

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I dollar pulled viii-1 and picked up Raijin's staff.

Is this what I needed to justify hit and runs and finally beat some torment dungeons? It seems really good if you can stack a few bars ahead of time.

How many charges do people generally generate before using the defend command, assuming you're at the attack soft cap?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

baram. posted:

did another 11 on ff8 banner 1

seifer bsb, seifer glove dupe, fujin robe dupe, raijin armor.

If you mean Raijin's pauldron then congrats. That's the relic I wanted most from that banner and I'm really happy that I got it. It's going to do tons of work for me on super hard content.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love all of Raijin's relics, he's just a fantastic toolbox of a character. I've benched him now that I'm working on getting my VII and XIII teams ready for the next two events, but I definitely see using him a lot in the future.

I'm glad just about all of the Disciplinary Committee relics are recurring in the next FF8 event, since I still need Fujin's Jacket. I'm sad I didn't end up with her Dagger too though, and I'm half tempted to pull again in the next ten minutes just because I don't think I'd be sad even with dupes. But its best to save for anniversary/synergy for the next event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I love all of Raijin's relics, he's just a fantastic toolbox of a character. I've benched him now that I'm working on getting my VII and XIII teams ready for the next two events, but I definitely see using him a lot in the future.

I'm glad just about all of the Disciplinary Committee relics are recurring in the next FF8 event, since I still need Fujin's Jacket. I'm sad I didn't end up with her Dagger too though, and I'm half tempted to pull again in the next ten minutes just because I don't think I'd be sad even with dupes. But its best to save for anniversary/synergy for the next event.

Educate me on Raijin's BSB. I have it too but I can't see why it's good outside of torment dungeons.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

100 gem pull got me Ashe BSB! Now I don't feel quite as bad with my 3 5*'s in 79 100 gem pulls now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Educate me on Raijin's BSB. I have it too but I can't see why it's good outside of torment dungeons.

Because you get an en-element SSB damage entry, 4 turns of off-healing, then a stronger-than-OSB en-element-boosted finisher. The entry is 664 potency + en-thunder, 4 uses of command 1 nets you 4 40% max HP heals, and then command 2 to close out the BSB timer gets you 8x162 (1296 total) potency of thunder damage, before considering en-element. Physical OSBs are 1200 potency, for reference, though their maximum damage is higher since an 8 hit Raijin Detonate caps out at 79,992 damage.

It's not the best DPS in the game or anything but the burst damage is insane, especially if you have the gauge to immediately go re-BSB and get the en-thunder bonus on the entry.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Elephant Ambush posted:

-I'm still a new player and every burst is like a gift from god that I am thankful for.

-For difficult content I still struggle with his burst gives him an option to act as a secondary healer that also powers up a hefty lightning strike at the end.

-He's a toolbox because he's a capable combat/monk, with additional healing and support options between his two relics. He can fill multiple roles depending on how fights are going.

-I am a bad player as evidenced by the screenshot above where I had to kill CM U+ Biggs/Wedge with the reflect from Seifer's BSB after they annihilated everyone else I had.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

-I am a bad player as evidenced by the screenshot above where I had to kill CM U+ Biggs/Wedge with the reflect from Seifer's BSB after they annihilated everyone else I had.

This is more evidence of you being new than bad, since you probably just lack a lot of the stronger abilities that long time players have accumulated and honed over the game's life. If you'd had those along with your FFVIII relics that you pulled from the banner, you probably could've easily mastered it.

But even without mastering it, you were able to apply what limited tools you had and still beat a fairly difficult fight. Give yourself some credit here.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
I wouldn't really call Raijin much of a toolbox character. His ability options are outright horrid, so he's entirely reliant on his BSB to do the heavy lifting. His celerity upgrade is laughable too. Without his BSB he's only really good as a Nemesis killer once we get that.

That said his BSB can be ridiculous if you're willing to build around it. It's the burstiest of bursts you can get in RK and once we have Cloud's ex mode you can do really silly things. Not that good for anything below ~160ish difficulty though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I managed to solo Apocalypse Bahamut easily enough. The Megaflares hurt but I brought Vanille BSB as a roaming warrior since Wall was pointless, and was able to patch myself up quite quickly. Mostly I was worried about running out of steam before winning, but I made it just barely.

I have to stop doing these battles on Sunday. I'm way too lazy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Welp

I had his Hauberk, so Gabranth is now a one man endark/darkfeeble machine. I'm very sad I don't have Cid's BSB, but I can always RW it. Prepare yourselves, holy hero ultimate fights :getin:

Not sure if a solo lightning vuln SSB is good or not? I do have Raijin's BSB, but I usually don't find myself using single SSB characters as much now.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's the biggest burst damage option in the game, and if you amortize out the damage over the turns you spend charging it up and releasing its still competitive with some of the highest DPS loadouts in the game (it doesn't quite beat, but is in the conversation with, stuff like PC/FC-> OSB Orlandeau), while spending 80% of his turns doing perfectly competent offhealing.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Is there a schedule yet of Torment dungeon schedules? Really curious as to what is up next, and when.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Stopgap posted:

Is there a schedule yet of Torment dungeon schedules? Really curious as to what is up next, and when.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5smi8t/torment_farming_cheatsheet/

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Raijin BSB is excellent in any fight you think will last 8 full turns. So, combat nightmares, torments, particularly long U++, and apoc multiplayer. The damage with 6 charges is absolutely ludicrous, as though he'd been attacking the whole time when he was actually healing.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

oh boy mandragoras can't wait to slam my head against this poo poo some more

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

UHD posted:

oh boy mandragoras can't wait to slam my head against this poo poo some more

*looks up, chuckles, then goes back to breaking heads in Yakuza 0* I'll wait to be pissed off at this game again until tomorrow, thanks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Unless they're immune or resistant to dark/holy it seems like pretty obvious cid raines bsb RW fodder.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Three of them are neutral and the other two are weak to one or the other of dark and holy. Raines BSB is the preferred cheese strat, yes. It's not as simple as just RWing and winning in one shot though because they get brutally nasty at low health.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FeralWraith posted:

*looks up, chuckles, then goes back to breaking heads in Yakuza 0* I'll wait to be pissed off at this game again until tomorrow, thanks.

you are smart

I want to chuck my tablet through the window

they laugh at status resistance and I want to cry

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
For Mandragoras I used Raines BSB RW on Ashe and Vayne, had Ashe use command 2, then switch to Tiamat which was able to hit 3 times(had Ashe's Stoneblade for stats). Had Vayne just keep spamming command 2. They went down quick once I did this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 27, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
2x Raines BSB works fine if your other three slots are carrying Blind, Stop, Sleep and Confuse. Between them, Balthier and Fran can cover all four status's, and then just single target attack the blinded and stopped and non-statuses dudes with basic attacks or whatever while Raines-Ashe and Raines-whoever burn them all down.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If you have Raines BSB native (or another BSB that's good for damage) and don't want to bother with the CM (c'mon, it's only two power orbs :fireman:), consider RWing Jin (Fujin's Unique-tier SB). The AoE 25% Affliction Break isn't going to completely stop the status fuckery coming in, but between it and the physical blink, you have a lot more wiggle room.

For those who own Jin natively, consider bringing Fujin. She can use Phantasm to Sleep the lowest/dark weak mandragora and can either bring Stop (to shut down the middle/holy weak one) or one of the other weakness elements to smack around some pumpkins.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ugh this Apoc Demon Wall fight is fuckin' wretched. Feels like some sadist set out to make the worst boss fight they possibly could.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Forgot to bring a source of Dispel for U++ Hydro, Mastered it anyway.

Mandragoras were actually a one-attempt kill, although I'll attribute part of that to my very strong XII synergy. Native Hastega on Larsa, and a combinaton of Multi-Break (Penelo), Shatterheart (Fran) and Pyroclasm (Vaan) really watered down all their damage bar Scream. Meanwhile Vayne threw out Raines BSB. Got them all down without needing the second shot of the RW, too. Fran brought in R2 Affliction Break to toss onto them individually between Shatterhearts; not sure how much that helped but the only status I saw was Blind on Larsa.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Welp, talked myself into making a pull on this banner for another shot at Ashe's BSB. Didn't get it, but I *did* go 4/11, finally breaking my terrible pull streak with:

Nightbringer
Chaos Blade
Gabranth's Hauberk
Cloud Staff

:stare:

Guess I, uh, better feed Gabranth some eggs. One step closer to my dream of having an A-team of people that just look cool. Combo medica + hastega for a realm I had terrible synergy in is pretty nifty, too.

edit: Is there anything special about this BSB command 2? Kinda looks like I'd never want to do anything but spam 1, unless I'm missing something. Not that that's a bad thing.

edit 2: Also just realized that I have 3 physical Dark BSBs now, so I guess I have a dark team finally. Maybe it's finally time to break into the dark orb stash and hone some of these abilities. I was saving them for Dark Zone + Memento Mori but at this rate I'll never have a dark mage team.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 27, 2017

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I started playing the 17th of January and just yesterday managed to beat U+ Wedge and Biggs which felt really great. More so because up until this point the few Nightmare bosses and so on (including Demon Wall) I just cheesed with FFT Cid's OSB and hopefully lived through the last 20%. This time I used Tyro's wall, and went to town with a bunch of 60s which included Mustadio (Full break AOE) Ramza, (shout) Squall and Tidus' BSB's for damage and Eiko's reraise SSB. I feel like I've passed a milestone and went on to kill a few more Nightmare bosses.

I definitely need to hone Full Break one more time (only two uses is grim) and get a whole lot more stuff, I'm looking forward to the Orb Fest and the anniversary and move on to getting some synergies going. I have to shout out to the OP for making me try this game, its been hella fun.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dupe gabranth hauberk for the dollar pull. Synergy armor is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh this Apoc Demon Wall fight is fuckin' wretched. Feels like some sadist set out to make the worst boss fight they possibly could.

Welcome to Apocalypse MO fights, where DeNA tries to gently caress you over as cruelly as they can. Home of the MO Omniscient fight where he's vulnerable to Berserk ... but his only attack while Berserked is an unblinkable, undodgeable, unmitigatable 99,999 damage melee hit. And he still uses Rewind if you hit him with melee attacks, because gently caress you.

• Locked thread