Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Lone Badger posted:

I thing Greenmangaming is cheaper than buying from origin directly.

Its a race between GMG and Amazon Prime for the cheapest standard edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Apparently some Russians are getting into code from builds they've gotten their hands on or some poo poo and confirmed the old rumor that the original or code-name of the project was Contact. Kind of how Dragon Age 2 was originally Exodus.

Another panoramic shot, this time of an interior:

quote:

Dan‏@danlambgaming
@tibermoon I've heard there is not much in the way of armour customisation....? Will we be able to choose from lot's colour option's etc?

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon
@danlambgaming We have more options than ME has ever had. :)

Also I have never seen a site that sets up pics like this, but these look cool; they are some of the panoramic shots from earlier, but you can look around in them instead of just getting a flat 2d image.

https://kuula.co/post/7l7Hx
https://kuula.co/post/7l7Hg

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 26, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If the zones are both that big and that good looking I think No Man's Sky finally got released.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That's not ad copy that's literally the description of the character used in the game and on their own website.

But by all means keep defending their poo poo writing.

How did game publishers bamboozle gamers into not believing any marketing materials but also not wanting any marketing materials even published for fear of "spoilers"? It's absurd.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I see there's another breach in the Veil on this planet

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
When does this game come out so I can torture my wife with the character generator, "does it look like me!?!" (Minus the fats)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Glenn Quebec posted:

When does this game come out so I can torture my wife with the character generator, "does it look like me!?!" (Minus the fats)

March 21st, though you can get it early as the 11th for 10 hours, I believe, if you have EA's Origin Access.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I made a Shepard that looked exactly like me once, and my wife's reaction was "there's a silver fox in the hen house!"

To this day, I don't know if I should take it as a compliment.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

precision posted:

I made a Shepard that looked exactly like me once, and my wife's reaction was "there's a silver fox in the hen house!"

To this day, I don't know if I should take it as a compliment.

I'm given to understand that yes, yes you should.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

quote:

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon
@danlambgaming We have more options than ME has ever had.

I wish this loving guy would tell me if you could make a black character for the first time in the series

I've asked him like 4 times

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I always thought that my female Sheppard was pretty hot except for the weird fish lips/overbite that was only visible on side camera. I was weirded out by all these basement trolls saying that all the women look ugly. ?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

DoggPickle posted:

I always thought that my female Sheppard was pretty hot except for the weird fish lips/overbite that was only visible on side camera. I was weirded out by all these basement trolls saying that all the women look ugly. ?

I still don't get trolls saying this. Are the animations of the characters janky? Yes. Are the characters ugly? No. Do I want to gently caress a Turian? Maybe...?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

steakmancer posted:

I wish this loving guy would tell me if you could make a black character for the first time in the series

I mean, the previous games let you make Obama and Sam Jackson pretty convincingly, so how black are we talking? Maybe he thinks you're trolling.

Only other thing I've seen him confirm that might touch on that was that we can get a haircut not unlike Liam's.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

marshmallow creep posted:

I mean, the previous games let you make Obama and Sam Jackson pretty convincingly, so how black are we talking? Maybe he thinks you're trolling.

Only other thing I've seen him confirm that might touch on that was that we can get a haircut not unlike Liam's.

It's a weird loving question given the wide range of customization options. I guess maybe he wants a minstrel voice option?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Default Shepard perfectly matches her voice though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DoggPickle posted:

When they complain about women looking ugly what they mean are that the women don't look like the anime body pillows they gently caress every night.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Where on earth is the ME3 DLC like Citadel and Leviathan on PC? Is that all part of the ME3 Deluxe Edition now?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Devs tweeted this. Is he fondling himself?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Shab posted:

Where on earth is the ME3 DLC like Citadel and Leviathan on PC? Is that all part of the ME3 Deluxe Edition now?

Open up the game in your origin library, click on More-->Extra content, all the DLC is there.

Unfortunately to buy it you need Bioware points in non-even amounts, because this was back when that poo poo was still a thing. But you can get around that with Amazon.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shab posted:

Buy some Bioware points and look in the extra content section of ME3 on Origin.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Open up the game in your origin library, click on More-->Extra content, all the DLC is there.

Unfortunately to buy it you need Bioware points in non-even amounts, because this was back when that poo poo was still a thing. But you can get around that with Amazon.

I never bought ME3 on PC, I originally played it on the 360, and now I'd like to play it with the Citadel and Leviathan DLCs. Is this poo poo seriously going to cost me like $15 for each DLC? They seriously haven't released some all-inclusive edition with all the DLC?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shab posted:

I never bought ME3 on PC, I originally played it on the 360, and now I'd like to play it with the Citadel and Leviathan DLCs. Is this poo poo seriously going to cost me like $15 for each DLC? They seriously haven't released some all-inclusive edition with all the DLC?

Correct.

It's poo poo, but they seem to have learnt their lesson given the way they handled DA:Inquisition.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
drat. Thanks for the info. That's very disappointing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

His crotch is further south than that. Those look like pouches.

Awkward place to have them, but still.

Unless his junk is centered above his groin

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

steakmancer posted:

I wonder how they handle Daddy Ryder if you make Ryder black. Simply darken his skin tone? Have a completely new model? Leave him unchanged, because Bioware?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

gonna Virmere this weirdo asap

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Hedrigall posted:

That or he just discovered the selfie and now the entire species is ruined forever.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hedrigall posted:

Only in Skyrim.

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/835234419854180352

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

This is so danm weird, why does a race with huge head tentacles tuck them into their shirt? If they did, wouldn't they have developed a shirt that was less "human'? Like, ones with sock-like pockets down the back, or pouches in the front or loving something? like, wouldn't that chafe the tentacles around that neck area where the collar lies?

And that's his belt, Hedrigall, you muppet. Keep your fuzzy paw slippers on.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 26, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Because bioware are lazy idiots

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Drifter posted:

This is so danm weird, why does a race with huge head tentacles tuck them into their shirt? If they did, wouldn't they have developed a shirt that was less "human'? Like, ones with sock-like pockets down the back, or pouches in the front or loving something? like, wouldn't that chafe the tentacles around that neck area where the collar lies?

Way to apply your human fashion standards to someone from another galaxy :rolleyes:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - t'weren't me who applied human standards of fashion onna alien cats, ya weapon.

Decius posted:

I wonder how they handle Daddy Ryder if you make Ryder black. Simply darken his skin tone? Have a completely new model? Leave him unchanged, because Bioware?

If they're black the Daayder is still white, it just means he adopted them. :whatup:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 26, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Head tentacles out is Angaran nudity. Jaal is just showing some cleavage.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Agreed. He was the guy who made that silly song about Shepard, right?
He was, yeah. A longass time ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0

There's even a nod to it in ME3

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Drifter posted:

And that's his belt, Hedrigall, you muppet. Keep your fuzzy paw slippers on.

I havent looked at much of the ad material, so I just figured that to be a meaty sternocleidomastoid. Have they shown the things actually flapping freely?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

ovenboy posted:

I havent looked at much of the ad material, so I just figured that to be a meaty sternocleidomastoid. Have they shown the things actually flapping freely?

The ones that look like women standing behind him have theirs hanging out. Personally I think it looks like the males' are fused to their shoulders. They definitely have some WoW levels of sexual dimorphism going on with the body sizes/builds.

E: Looked closer, the women's aren't hanging loose either. The joys of speculating based on like two screenshots. :kiddo:

Alien Sex Manual fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 26, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
For once, Bioware could actually tell better stories with their romance mechanic. How many humans are on these arks? 10k, 100k? If it's closer to 10k, then it would make sense if other people give you crap in case you enter a relationship where you can't have children naturally (Ryder with alien or with human of the same sex). There's the potential for interesting conflict and good storytelling.

It would work even better if the arks started after the Reapers conquered Earth, or maybe even after they took Thessia. If you believe you might be the last humans in the universe, the pressure to procreate would be even bigger. And it's less likely that they have an easy solution on board, like a million fertilized eggs that only need to be transplanted into willing women.

hexal
Sep 7, 2011
Each of the four arks has 20,000 each. Not sure if we know how many are in the nexus.

I also just pre-ordered but only because I was getting another game at the same time. Oops.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Preordering is a good way to show developers you are looking forward to their game and everybody should do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Look at his hand, does he have fingers or is he rocking claws Zoidberg style? :zoid: