Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Although, to counter-point myself, the double Trunks universe (probably) has Goku, Vegita, Our Trunks, Their Trunks, adult Goten, so they should be okay.

Also, in that universe Our Trunks probably ended up making a sword with the energy of the 120 strongest fighters in the multiverse and ALMOST killed Zen-o-something with it.

Alternately, it exists further along in the timeline, so they either already won, or skipped the tournament somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was just another slightly hosed timeline

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's the same timeline but before Zamasu started messing with poo poo.

With Whis making sure he never actually does his evil poo poo.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm just happy Gohan is no longer a disappointment.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
WHen was he ever a disappointment? He's not an around-the-clock punch monkey, but he's still one of the strongest things in the second-weakest universe.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I won't be fooled by biased zen-oh's fake numbers, Goku is the strongest

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe if he trained harder they wouldn't be the second weakest universe. :colbert:

Nah, I've just liked Gohan and missed him having an active role since he's a very noble hero and a good guy, erasing the universe just had to be his motivation. I found wonder if he will go ssb though or beyond, you'd think considering his nature he'd be a natural for it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why didnt gohan just go super saiyan from the start

loving idiot!!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode was so good.

It felt tailored made for the fans, answering a lot of questions like "Will gods be destroyed too?" "what will happen to the angels?" "is goku responsible for the death of trillions?, it gave us a good Gohan fight that ended in a respectable draw to set up his Mystic Training and it brought back the best part of Dragon Ball...POWER LEVELS!

Beerus is probably regretting destroying the Time Machine. Otherwise Bulma could just jump across multiple timelines and bring together all the Gokus and Vegetas to raise the universal ningen average.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

answering questions about the plot the show is setting up is not fan service, my dude.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If your general ningen levels are poo poo your universe is getting axed. This is why we need universal training laws, but the damned kais are too lazy to bring it about!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

answering questions about the plot the show is setting up is not fan service, my dude.

For a second there during last week's episode it felt like they were gonna gloss over some of those questions when Kaioshin commented something along the lines of "If my universe is destroyed I'll be too ashame to face the other gods"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the universe levels are very clearly not about fighting power level

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I won't be fooled by biased zen-oh's fake numbers, Goku is the strongest

One man isn't enough to being up the average of an entire universe though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm just happy Gohan is no longer a disappointment.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, this whole Universal Ningen Level thing sounds like it could be a lead-in to Dragon Ball Online, where the Z-Fighters ended up teaching martial arts to the world to make everyone stronger.

:aaaaa:

That would make so much sense! DBO also had the Majins as a race, and Earth in general was becoming more technologically advanced because of Gohan's book, Capsule Corp. tech, Freeza's technology all over the planet, and the Yardrats providing transportation services. Both in terms of strength and development, the universe as a whole was probably improving dramatically in just a few hundred years.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't like how this episode retroactively justifies Goku's decision. The idea of the Tournament and the universes getting destroyed was far more interesting when it was an unintended consequence of Goku's self-centered desire to punch mans, but when they go "lol Zen'o was going to destroy them anyways" it really deflates the premise for me.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I feel like this episode kind of highlights the main problem with Gohan as a main punchman. He's just a slightly more boring Goku and if you're not paying attention you could get confused on which one is actually fighting. It was a good fight, but the only thing really interesting about Gohan fighting before was the whole hidden potential thing which has been played out at this point. Now if the Great Saiyaman was there he would have destroyed his opponent!

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Zeron posted:

Now if the Great Saiyaman was there he would have destroyed his opponent!

He certainly would have given he is smart enough to bring eye protection!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Raxivace posted:

I don't like how this episode retroactively justifies Goku's decision. The idea of the Tournament and the universes getting destroyed was far more interesting when it was an unintended consequence of Goku's self-centered desire to punch mans, but when they go "lol Zen'o was going to destroy them anyways" it really deflates the premise for me.

A little, but at the same time shows how little Zeno cares about new friend Goku when his universe is on the chopping block and would never knew they were planned to be deleted without warning.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I still can't wait to see Champa brag his universe is better to Beerus.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Wasn't TFS going to do the Cell Games reenactment in DBZ Kai? Cause it sounded the same as the original dub.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the general levels are interesting i guess but goku and vegeta are going to be upper tier if not top tier in the tournament itself

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wasn't TFS going to do the Cell Games reenactment in DBZ Kai? Cause it sounded the same as the original dub.

At the very least they had TFS voice work in the PROMO with that footage

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the universe levels are very clearly not about fighting power level

I explained that on the other page, but, as always, everything is about power levels to DBZ fans.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Raxivace posted:

I'm fine with him staying fight happy grandpa Goku and not becoming fight happy multiversal mega-genocider grandpa Goku. I feel like they're doing a Majin Buu thing with the Zenos and it'll turn out the grand priest is encouraging them to Thunderdome all the inferior universes. Just because all that talk of Goku being their friend looks especially stupid in hindsight.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

I explained that on the other page, but, as always, everything is about power levels to DBZ fans.

Don't worry, Dragon Ball Super isn't the only anime making people bitch about power levels in the year of our lord 2017.

Digimon Tri just threw some WHOOPERS at us.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
If I were King Kai and I heard about this, I'd be pissed off at how much of a gently caress up my boss was. He's been interfering with mortals in order to improve the universe this entire time. Probably doing it under Kaioshin's dumbass nose.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I also enjoyed the comedic gold of 9th Universe Kaioshin being a complete douche and bragging about how his Universe had the strongest fighters while all along the Zen'os and Grand Priest knew they were all chumps.

I can't wait to see how the news of his universe being poo poo tier will impact his manerism during the last exhibition fight.

I expect the Tournament to spare the Winning universe and Runner up. Because otherwise the symmetry would be completely hosed up with 5 universes surviving. Also, if Universe 7 survives but Universe 6 gets deleted, will they assign a new twin Universe to 7? Sooo many questions

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 26, 2017

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I do not understand how you could possibly be a dbz fan and NOT love power levels

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lezard_valeth posted:

I expect the Tournament to spare the Winning universe and Runner up.

How can you watch Super and still expect the end result to turn out better than originally advertised?

Things will find a way to get a whole lot worse.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

tbp posted:

I do not understand how you could possibly be a dbz fan and NOT love power levels

It overpowers and ruined every discussion about the show since like 1999. Heck even now you can't see a dbz youtube video's comment section without endless chain of who > who, who < who, whose numbers were what, blah blah. My grandkids are going to be hearing arguments about what everyone's power levels were during the cell saga. They're also the first ones to cry bs or plothole during a fight. Some of them still won't let Vegeta punching Beerus or manga Trunks going even with ssj3 Goku go.

Although I guess those aren't as bad as the truly worst people, the overly specific power level staters. Like they'll go "well during this arc gohan is normally 875,250 during his base state, but when angered its 1,255,900, and when he goes ssj...."

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 26, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Power levels are cool, trying to be a math sperg over power levels and not accepting Arale is canonically stronger than most beings in the universe is rear end.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

It overpowers and ruined every discussion about the show since like 1999. Heck even now you can't see a dbz youtube video's comment section without endless chain of who > who, who < who, whose numbers were what, blah blah. My grandkids are going to be hearing arguments about what everyone's power levels were during the cell saga. They're also the first ones to cry bs or plothole during a fight. Some of them still won't let Vegeta punching Beerus or manga Trunks going even with ssj3 Goku go.

Although I guess those aren't as bad as the truly worst people, the overly specific power level staters. Like they'll go "well during this arc gohan is normally 875,250 during his base state, but when angered its 1,255,900, and when he goes ssj...."

that is exactly the dream debate of everyone who was age 7-11 when watching on toonami

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ppl w/ lower power levels have ALWAYS been able to damage higher power level ppl in small instances. gohan walloped dodoria for example

however ss3 goku is way stronger than trunks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

tbp posted:

that is exactly the dream debate of everyone who was age 7-11 when watching on toonami

Well now it's 30 year olds doing it on youtube and forums endlessly. It's pretty sad.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

tbp posted:

I like Dragonball more than Z.

Also, it causes situations like this where everyone's talking about the Universes having power levels when the point wasn't that 7 and 9 suck in terms of strength. 7 and 9 suck because they're full of a bunch of lovely people with gods who can't do their jobs correctly.

lezard_valeth posted:

I expect the Tournament to spare the Winning universe and Runner up. Because otherwise the symmetry would be completely hosed up with 5 universes surviving. Also, if Universe 7 survives but Universe 6 gets deleted, will they assign a new twin Universe to 7? Sooo many questions

It's symmetrical with 5 universe remaining. 1 and 5 (Now 1 and 2) are mirrors to 8 and 12 (4 and 5) with the winner (now 3) being the only unique one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If people want to talk about power levels let them who cares.

Talking about not talking about power levels is much worse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blaise330 posted:

Well now it's 30 year olds doing it on youtube and forums endlessly. It's pretty sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7zxeF7cs4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

If people want to talk about power levels let them who cares.

Talking about not talking about power levels is much worse.

what about talking about talking about talking shut the gently caress up you got the point

• Locked thread