Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ok. Most important question about Berserk Musou. Is there a Koei version of The Penpals Tell Me Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Ainsley McTree posted:

Iliad Warriors when

-6 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJrlJ86MGM

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh wow, I thought I was joking

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

Jack Trades posted:

Can anyone who's playing Berserk Warriors tell me what does the little lock icon on the top skill of an accessory mean?
I've scoured through whole manual and nothing explains it.

Guaranteed skill for that type of item?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wamdoodle posted:

Ok. Most important question about Berserk Musou. Is there a Koei version of The Penpals Tell Me Why?

All of it is decent ambient stuff. But if you're using PC, there's nothing stopping you from modding it in or just playing one of the other soundtracks while you play.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Okay, but how can I change it so that every battle plays one of the 87 different remixes of Forces and nothing else?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

It sounds suitably epic if generic but I'd

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

change it so that every battle plays one of the 87 different remixes of Forces and nothing else

*forces10hours.mp3*

I'll probably end up picking this up when it goes on sale. I'll be waiting a while though given Koei's track record.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Lock Knight posted:

I've gotten enough duplicates to corroborate this with some confidence.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lock Knight posted:

Fumaofthelake posted:

I've gotten enough duplicates to corroborate this with some confidence.

Makes sense, thanks.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't Koei say they were working on a western IP game a while ago?

Sakura Warriors.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Without going into too much detail, could I be unlocking new characters via Berserk's Endless Eclipse mode or are they Story only? Because I have been fighting a bunch of boss characters who look an awful lot like they should be playable, but I don't unlock them after their missions.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's only like 8ish playable characters unfortunately

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mokinokaro posted:

I had hoped that was hyperbole, unfortunate that this is the case.

Naturally, I expect we may see some DLC packs, if this game sells reasonably well.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mokinokaro posted:

Wow. And I thought PW3 was kinda dissapointing for showing off characters with seemingly full movesets and then not letting me play them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

Wow. And I thought PW3 was kinda dissapointing for showing off characters with seemingly full movesets and then not letting me play them.

Huh? I don't remember any characters in PW3 that weren't unlocked at some point.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Jack Trades posted:

Huh? I don't remember any characters in PW3 that weren't unlocked at some point.

There were definitely a handful, lieutenants like Bon Clay or bosses such as Kuro or Arlong. I'm sure they didn't have anything close to full movesets but it was still disappointing not being able to use them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

dinosaur musou

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fawf posted:

There were definitely a handful, lieutenants like Bon Clay or bosses such as Kuro or Arlong. I'm sure they didn't have anything close to full movesets but it was still disappointing not being able to use them.

Oh right. They could join your side in Dream Log which is why I thought they were playable for some reason.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
I love PW3 but I still can't forgive them for not putting in Kidd as a playable character or at all really.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

naginalJJ posted:

I love PW3 but I still can't forgive them for not putting in Kidd as a playable character or at all really.

TBF, we've barely seen any of the Supernovas apart from Law in action. Yeah, they did Shanks, but everyone else in the game draws their movesets from a little more on-page combat.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

McDragon posted:

dinosaur musou

Primal Rage Warriors

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I asked Alexa to play "Tell Me Why" and she started playing "Tell Me Why" by Taylor Swift. Then I specified by PENPALS and she knew the song I meant but couldn't play it.

Berserk Musou probably not "worth" $60 but I'm enjoying it. Based on the twenty seconds I spent in Berserk difficulty and the way accessory enhancements and random rolls work I feel like this one is going to have longer legs than you'd expect from a game with less than 10 characters.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Oh right. They could join your side in Dream Log which is why I thought they were playable for some reason.

Yeah I am actually genuinely surprised Kuro isn't playable, and I had just assumed I hadn't found him yet in the Dream Log.

That irritates me, it's clear there's already a model with a moveset so...!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I also enjoying Berserk Warriors. I was ignoring the shop until I hit the limit on Acc I could carry. And just started combining them. Pretty awesome.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, we've barely seen any of the Supernovas apart from Law in action. Yeah, they did Shanks, but everyone else in the game draws their movesets from a little more on-page combat.

But it makes the showdown outside the auction house in Sabaody really weird and awkward looking without Kidd there

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

naginalJJ posted:

But it makes the showdown outside the auction house in Sabaody really weird and awkward looking without Kidd there

Yeah, it's an iconic moment that's supposed to be about the big 3 Supernovas, so having one of them not even be playable or even be there is really weird.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Am I the only one who thinks that there's something wrong with the dodging in Berserk Warriors?
I cannot seems to dodge through any boss attacks and I don't understand if I'm just bad at videogames or if the dodges really have incredibly bad range and iframes compared to PW3.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
HuniePop Warriors.

Edit for some actual content:

Having no prior knowledge of One Piece going into OPPW3 I enjoyed it, but was annoyed by not having all the people as playable characters. I felt the same about Arslan, although I have more complaints about that game than One Piece.

bentacos fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 26, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pirate Warriors 3 is currently 75% off on Steam for the next 30 hours or so.

Anyone who bought the DLC packs, are they worth it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bentacos posted:

HuniePop Warriors.

Take the receipt, and get Audrey's money back!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Berserk Warriors you can press face buttons during the loading screen to make the ugly elf thing attack the "Loading Now..." text with his dandelion.
Doing enough attacks will charge him up and let you do a Musou attack.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 26, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't talk about Puck like that

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Berserk Warriors really has the most satisfying core combat out of all the Warriors games I've played.
It doesn't have a lot of characters or very deep combat systems or anything but the few mechanics they have are very well polished and together with the animations and sounds it makes an incredibly satisfying experience.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

My main complaint so far is I've been playing on Hard and finding Guts isn't really strong enough to justify his speed compared to Judeau or Griffith. All the mobs are dying so quickly I'd rather just be able to chop them up faster since the extra strength hasn't been needed. Hopefully Berserk difficulty will sort it out, but I'm not quite there yet.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished story mode today. Going through endless eclipse now. The game is really fun. Going into frenzy feels so satisfying to chop up enemies. The berserker armor deals so much damage, it's awesome.
Really hoping Koei takes the foundation of this game and builds upon it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So how far into the current Berserk story does the game ultimately end up? Like, how far ahead is the manga or show in contrast to where the game ends?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Haven't read the manga. But it ends when everybody gets on the boat.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I've heard that the game ends on the boat..

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
oh god not the boat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They must have that deliberately to gently caress with manga readers