Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought the effect of the Sponge item would have something to do with the phrase "bullet sponge."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So two things for the end of that incredible run

1) 90% sure, jammed red gunjurers can turn your absorbed shots into jammed shots

2) You can blow up hidden walls with explosives. Done it with the lil bomber and some other explosive weapon (C4). So the RPG you were carrying around would have let you blow up that last wall

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Will the final video have everyone that one person who hates as guest commentators, as guest commentators?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I finished the shortcut to level 2 with the help of the railgun. That gun is incredible and just ruins bosses. Sadly even though I beat the Oubliette I didn't make it to the Abbey because I took a stupid hit on the floor long before I got to it. I still made it to the mines, but the Shell was not enough in spite of being a very funny gun that's also pretty decent for room clearing. Thankfully in addition to finishing the shortcut I also freed Frifle so now I have murderquest goals I can make on my long road to stop sucking so much.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Ohhh Heckblaster is a reference to Earthworm Jim's gun, I don't know if you mentioned that in the video. God thinking about that show/game takes me back.

EDIT: Is there like a Spoon or something references The Tick? Because if so my entire childhood will be in this game. :allears:

Spudd fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 23, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Spudd posted:

Ohhh Heckblaster is a reference to Earthworm Jim's gun, I don't know if you mentioned that in the video. God thinking about that show/game takes me back.

I don't think they mentioned it but the way they said "Whoa Nelly!" a few times for good measure was close enough for me. Good times for sure.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

CzarChasm posted:

2) You can blow up hidden walls with explosives. Done it with the lil bomber and some other explosive weapon (C4). So the RPG you were carrying around would have let you blow up that last wall

It doesn't seem to work with all explosives, though. The Grenade Launcher doesn't open secret rooms, for example (just another reason why it's the worst). Not sure about the RPG.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Spudd posted:

What did you think all the 'Groovy's were about?

Edit: I actually am not keen on the HBlaster as a weapon. Too short a range, not enough damage, not enough knock back. But combined with some passives it can be something else. I think I had a run with it and flak bullets. I remember that being an experience.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I've found that I seem to be able to progress more consistently if I stick to the Hunter's starting weapons. I might break out a chest weapon against the bosses, but for the most part I can make it through the first two floors a lot easier with the Rusty Sidearm and the Crossbow. I think the Sidearm's damage falls off too much at the third floor to do the ENTIRE thing with it, though if I happen to pick up something like Fat Bullets or Gun Friendship I can stretch it out further.

I don't know what it is, but I just seem to struggle when I'm using other weapons, even if it's functionally similar stuff like Smiley's Revolver or what have you.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It took me 90 deaths, but I made it to the Forge for the first time, and even to the High Dragun. I died in the fight unfortunately, but it is still significantly better than my previous best run.

Maybe next try.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
When you come across a mimic with a fuse, what happens if you let the fuse burn all the way down?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Skrewtape posted:

When you come across a mimic with a fuse, what happens if you let the fuse burn all the way down?

It explodes, killing the mimic and destroying the item inside.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Previously, nothing happened.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, did the Gunsling King bug out because the hit was a jammed bullet? Maybe the game was checking for a half heart of damage and missed it because that got skipped over?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Definitely desynced and stayed that way around that point

It actually fixed itself after they go to the next floor.

E: And then it happens again, but this time the cocommentators are in sync but both ahead of the video. Does it desync per floor or something?

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 24, 2017

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Carbon dioxide posted:

It actually fixed itself after they go to the next floor.

E: And then it happens again, but this time the cocommentators are in sync but both ahead of the video. Does it desync per floor or something?

I'm not sure where the desync starts exactly but it was sometime on the fourth floor. I resynched after Wallmonger and then do it again right before the lich fight. I really have no idea what caused it but I'm not going to fix it by uploading a new video and hopefully not delete my commentary again :v:

I feel bad for having the audio issues but honestly I've got no time to fix it. I've hardly got time to record a thing as-is.

On the bright side tonight was the opening night for the musical I'm in (Legally Blonde) and it went super well! Also I'm now dead because of lack of sleep and will probably sleep for like 12 hours and maybe??? record tomorrow.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 24, 2017

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

dscruffy1 posted:

On the bright side tonight was the opening night for the musical I'm in (Legally Blonde) and it went super well! Also I'm now dead because of lack of sleep and will probably sleep for like 12 hours and maybe??? record tomorrow.

Neat. I saw a recording of almost the whole thing a while ago on YT and was surprised at how... good that thing actually was so well done.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

dscruffy1 posted:

Oh hey, we did that musical for one of the high school productions I played in. Are you a cast member or in the pit orchestra?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

GeneralYeti posted:

Oh hey, we did that musical for one of the high school productions I played in. Are you a cast member or in the pit orchestra?

I'm a cast member in a community theater, we're using show-tracks for the music. I've only got small parts in this one, mostly ensemble and Aaron Schultz. But apparently people are pretty impressed by singing while jump roping, director says it sounds like I'm standing still and singing with the projection. I'm a loud mouth yessssss

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Aw, I was so hoping you were the lead part.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

I feel bad for having the audio issues but honestly I've got no time to fix it. I've hardly got time to record a thing as-is.

It's fine, LPs are hard work. After we retire, we'll be able to tell a new generation about how we worked our asses off in the old LP mines.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neat. I've been in one stage production (Fiddler on the Roof in high school) and of course on closing night I botched my only line.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Samovar posted:

Aw, I was so hoping you were the lead part.

while im sure scruffy is a fine actor i don't think he could play reese whitherspoon convincingly

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So you said that the Tinker would ask you for lunch later, and you'd have to give him Junk because it looks like a bagged lunch.

I'm assuming you were avoiding the phrase 'junk food' for comedic effect. :v:

SkyTalon2314
Aug 8, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

while im sure scruffy is a fine actor i don't think he could play reese whitherspoon convincingly

I dunno. Given that I mentally picture Scruffy as, well, Scruffy like his avatar, I would be rather amused by this.

I mean, heck, back in Shakespear's times they DID have dudes playing the ladies. Romeo and Juliet was a guy and another guy who was in drag smoochin'.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

SkyTalon2314 posted:

I dunno. Given that I mentally picture Scruffy as, well, Scruffy like his avatar, I would be rather amused by this.

I mean, heck, back in Shakespear's times they DID have dudes playing the ladies. Romeo and Juliet was a guy and another guy who was in drag smoochin'.

I'm actually not very scruffy. I'm in the military so I'm clean shaven and I have close cropped hair. Though conveniently with the dudes playing ladies conversation, the next show I'm in is Peter and the Starcatcher, and I will be playing Mrs. Bumbrake, a proper British dame.

Also I recorded more today and I should have that episode ready...SOON.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
honestly i was talking more about vocal quality, you have a deep voice but hey if you got range enough to play a woman more power to ya

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Scruffy, is everyone else in your community theater production of Legally Blonde also in the military?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

White Coke posted:

Scruffy, is everyone else in your community theater production of Legally Blonde also in the military?

One of the songs has been rewritten to be "Bend and Snap to Attention". No other changes were made.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm actually not very scruffy. I'm in the military so I'm clean shaven and I have close cropped hair. Though conveniently with the dudes playing ladies conversation, the next show I'm in is Peter and the Starcatcher, and I will be playing Mrs. Bumbrake, a proper British dame.

Also I recorded more today and I should have that episode ready...SOON.

Is the recent episode fixed or can it not be done?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

cokerpilot posted:

Is the recent episode fixed or can it not be done?

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm not sure where the desync starts exactly but it was sometime on the fourth floor. I resynched after Wallmonger and then do it again right before the lich fight. I really have no idea what caused it but I'm not going to fix it by uploading a new video and hopefully not delete my commentary again :v:

So this isn't just an empty post to help out, I'm really looking forward to the next video! Scruffy may be the guy that gets me to break down and buy this dumb game eventually.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

White Coke posted:

We've got about five active duty folks and one more retired in this production. Most of the cast and crew is filled out by dependents or civil service folks.

My first show was a cast of 13 with 2 active duty (myself included), second show was about twice as large with three active duty.

mandatory lesbian posted:

honestly i was talking more about vocal quality, you have a deep voice but hey if you got range enough to play a woman more power to ya

I sing higher than my speaking voice, I can't project well enough at bass levels. I do swing a pretty good falsetto and I've got a thing for voices so I've got decent range. It helps that they aren't expecting a good woman part, they're expecting a Monty Python woman part. That I can do.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Since I'm posting anyway and the video is uploaded, might as well make an UPDATE!

Two Secrets of the Gungeon/Polsy

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Silencer shoots zippers, the bane of any pillowfight.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Man the BSG ended up putting in some work on the Kill Pillers huh?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
At what floor are you gonna show what taking a shortcut does? Imo it's really not worth it, but it's interesting.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 26, 2017

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Should have sold the pit lord amulet once you got the wax wings (was there a cell creep?)

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I'd be more than OK if you just never wanted to do Bullet Hell again. It's boring to play and it's boring to watch, and there's nothing more to gain from doing it (as far as I know). I feel like it'd be a win-win.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Very stylish Lich kill. The Sling does some impressive damage even when you aren't banking the shots, although I wonder how much of that was Silver Bullets.

And my god, the Witch Pistol looks powerful. It was still clearing rooms quickly even in Bullet Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Back in the days before suppressors, quiet 'executions' would be performed by placing a pillow on the victim, then pressing the revolver into the pillow and firing, the pillow muffling the shot. I suppose it's probably still done today. So, yeah. Pillow silencer.

• Locked thread