Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Soul Glo posted:

I am stoked Horizon turned out to be good and not lovely like that leaked cutscene suggested.

I will play it one day, once I'm done with Zelda.

What's the leaked cutscene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Bloop posted:

If they were ever going to invent a 4ds we'd already have it.

It'll be a 3DS but with smell cartridges in the amiibos and called the Switch Portable (or Swortable).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What's the leaked cutscene?

I don't have it handy, but it must have been from an alpha or beta build of the game. It leaked two or three weeks ago and had just awful voice acting and weird animation, both of which have been praised in the final version this past week when the embargo lifted. It was laughably bad in that cutscene.

I'm glad it turned out great though-- I like Guerilla and wanted some good things for that engine since Kojima's using it for Death Stranding. Plus it's nice having good games to play.

e: Here it is.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

axeil posted:

Watch out for that Beamos! :v:

Or did you mean A Link Between Worlds?

In hindsight, both.

But yes I meant A Link Between Worlds. :downs:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Does anyone else have their Switch preordered through Walmart? If so, does your order history say "undefined by Fri, Mar 3" instead of having a ship date or any indication at all that the order is being processed?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Does anyone else have their Switch preordered through Walmart? If so, does your order history say "undefined by Fri, Mar 3" instead of having a ship date or any indication at all that the order is being processed?

I have an in-store preorder, I can pick it up 12:01 AM. I've read several people on Reddit saying their Site to Store orders wouldn't be available for pick up until the 8th.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I hope they make a 4ds so i can keep playing the good nintendo games

All you'll get is lovely nontendo baseball games

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Soul Glo posted:

I don't have it handy, but it must have been from an alpha or beta build of the game. It leaked two or three weeks ago and had just awful voice acting and weird animation, both of which have been praised in the final version this past week when the embargo lifted. It was laughably bad in that cutscene.

I'm glad it turned out great though-- I like Guerilla and wanted some good things for that engine since Kojima's using it for Death Stranding. Plus it's nice having good games to play.

e: Here it is.

Sorry that scene is in the final game just as you see it in that video, and apparently there may even be worse ones.

Game still looks great though

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't understand how voice acting that lovely gets past the first person that hears it during development in this day and age. The main character's was good, though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of lovely voice acting, has the early previews of Zelda mentioned we can do jap+eng subs?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Thankfully no

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaks25zJlcw

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Only 4 days to go!!!!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
woah maybe I should look into buying a switch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of lovely voice acting, has the early previews of Zelda mentioned we can do jap+eng subs?

Dude that's so racist, the subtitles are in American so you should be using AMR

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

But infinituuuuum you caaaaan't caaaaaalll them jaaaaaaaaaaps

Farrrrrrt

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
go ahead please take day off and play the switch

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jimmy Hats posted:

But infinituuuuum you caaaaan't caaaaaalll them jaaaaaaaaaaps

Farrrrrrt

in this context jap is short for the language, not the people, you crazy person

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Raserys posted:

in this context jap is short for the language, not the people, you crazy person

Well actually the shorthand is JP or JPN because uh ???racism???

Anyways it was like a 7 page derail in the last thread and I'm just looking out for my 'ol buddy Inf

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sorry if Inf is racist shorthand

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

go ahead please take day off and play the switch

thanks step mom

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Loose leaks sink switches

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a.lo posted:

thanks step mom

i told you to call me brenda

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best Buy tried to charge me for my Switch last night but Discover looked at the charge and was like "hmm, lelandjs has only made 3-4 $200+ purchases from this retailer in the past two years, this must be a fraudulant charge!" and locked my card.

I unlocked it and "updated" my payment info with Best Buy but I'm not optimistic I'm getting my Switch on launch day now.

At least it wasn't Best Buy that hosed me out of my preorder I guess?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Racism doesn't exist in Australia, Infinitum is the real victim here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Once the Nintendo Switch comes out racism will be over.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sorry if Inf is racist

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just a heads up, if you're still looking for the BotW Special Edition, Target has it in their weekly ad. "Quantities Limited" but I imagine if you get there when it opens you might have a shot.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the smarmy dismissal of hurtful language in here is pretty disheartening :(

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

My credit cards are getting hit fast and hard. Never felt this happy to owe so much money.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sorry if Inf is racist shorthand

You should stick to reposting your FE wall of text.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HyperPuma posted:

the smarmy dismissal of hurtful language in here is pretty disheartening :(

It's okay! They're being ironic!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Jpn is literally the same amount of letters as jap and isnt a slur, really makes you think about the people using the latter

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Soul Glo posted:

Jpn is literally the same amount of letters as jap and isnt a slur, really makes you think about the people using the latter

jpna

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh good we're having this discussion again.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Oh good we're having this thread again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Infinitum posted:

Oh good we're having this discussion again.

Why not switch to a different discussion?

Like, will it void the warranty if I mod my Nintendo Switch's kickstand? That's the sole thing preventing me from buying one right now.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Like, will it void the warranty if I mod my Nintendo Switch's kickstand? That's the sole thing preventing me from buying one right now.

Lol

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What confirmed non launch day games are people looking forward to? Beyond the obvious Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'm at least looking forward to The Binding of Isaac:Afterbirth+, ARMS, Disgaea 5 Complete, Stardew Valley, Jackbox Party 3, Sonic Mania and maybe Oceanhorn and Dragon Quest X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mega64 posted:

Looking in the general direction of the Best Buy you're getting the Switch from will void it on March 3rd.

• Locked thread