Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

verbal enema posted:

Wait Torment is coming to PS4?????? What the gently caress I had no idea.

That is the Planescape: Torment spiritual successor right? Or am I mixing up Tyranny?

Isn't Tyranny the PoE guys?

E: pillars PoE not path PoE

tyranny is ex obsidian dudes, torment is also ex obsidian dudes, pillars of eternity is same said dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

tyranny is ex obsidian dudes, torment is also ex obsidian dudes, pillars of eternity is same said dudes

Tyranny is an Obsidian game though?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Andrast posted:

Tyranny is an Obsidian game though?

yeah thats true.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
What things do I need to take into account / do when switching from the Poorstation to the Pro? I can't afford to have them at the same time, so I can't do any data transferring from the old to the new.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Joakim Brecht posted:

What things do I need to take into account / do when switching from the Poorstation to the Pro? I can't afford to have them at the same time, so I can't do any data transferring from the old to the new.

Makes sure to deactivate the old PS4 as your main console and if you have PS+ verify all you're saves are in the cloud. Other than that do a factory reset. I think that's it.

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013

jabro posted:

Makes sure to deactivate the old PS4 as your main console and if you have PS+ verify all you're saves are in the cloud. Other than that do a factory reset. I think that's it.
Alright, thanks!

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Woohoo I'm joining the pro generation, a friend of mine was hovering over the idea of getting a ps4 for when the final fantasy 7 remake comes out and he's willing to buy mine, £250 for the console, FFX/X-2, FF15 and I'm throwing in Call of Duty and Madden as well.

Just the small matter of which 4k tv to get now.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ramagamma posted:

Woohoo I'm joining the pro generation, a friend of mine was hovering over the idea of getting a ps4 for when the final fantasy 7 remake comes out and he's willing to buy mine, £250 for the console, FFX/X-2, FF15 and I'm throwing in Call of Duty and Madden as well.

Just the small matter of which 4k tv to get now.

Ks7000 (the equivalent of the KS8000 in the states)

That's really your only option unless you can afford the LG oled or you find that one Sony on a better deal than the Samsung.

Everything else is a waste of money and you're better off waiting if you can't get any of the above 3 tvs.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

I bought a ps4 pro and it is huge.

My future PS4 Pro skin:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hmmm, I'm not sure about diving into 4k just yet then, I'm only really being swung to get the Pro between the news about boost mode and the fact my mates keen to buy my current ps4. I've thought about maybe getting a 4k monitor for my pc and hooking up the Pro to that when the girlfriend isn't streaming netflix or bbc iplayer :D Seems like a cheaper option and I use my pc about equal for games with my PS4 so might make more sense in the long run?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ramagamma posted:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about diving into 4k just yet then, I'm only really being swung to get the Pro between the news about boost mode and the fact my mates keen to buy my current ps4. I've thought about maybe getting a 4k monitor for my pc and hooking up the Pro to that when the girlfriend isn't streaming netflix or bbc iplayer :D Seems like a cheaper option and I use my pc about equal for games with my PS4 so might make more sense in the long run?

Get the Pro.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy posted:

Get the Pro.

Oh I've already ordered a pro its just the 4k display options I'm juggling at the moment.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny = Obsidian (two different teams at Obsidian, but both Obsidian)

Torment: Tides of Numenera = inXile

inXile is basically a resurrected version of Interplay (the company that made the first two Fallouts), while Obsidian was founded by a bunch of former Black Isle people.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Boy howdy am I struggling to enjoy Gravity Rush 2.

I liked the original but most of the additions to the new one are poo poo and a lot of the missions so far are "fly around looking for this thing/person with no waypoint to show where they are".

The larger map is pointless because it is full of nothing and just means you have to spend longer just holding down X whilst you fall toward your next questgiver or whatever.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm about to lose my loving mind trying to PSN preorder Horizon here.

When I try to preorder on my computer, I get a "session expired", after I finish the last payment step.

When I try to preorder on the iOS app, I am thrown in a constant loop of preordering, confirming, entering my password, paying.

When I try to preorder on my PS4, nothing happens after I enter my password, and I'm just back at the password prompt.

Anyone who can help me accomplish the basic loving task of preordering the game on this godforsaken store front, please god?

Edit: Chrome Canary won't even let me log in, and Edge does the loop thing.

Edit Hoooly loving poo poo. I had 80% of the money I needed in my Wallet, so I just moved the remaining amount to my Wallet instead. Of course, I couldn't do that on my PC without an error, so I used my iPad's mobile data to transfer the Wallet amount, so I could finally order from my loving PC in this year of our lord 2017.

What even is your store, PlayStation.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 26, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well I like Let It Die, but it just ended up making me want to go back and play the actual Souls games so I'm doing that instead of the perpetual grind. Probably for the best.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
As you guys have mentioned Dying Light, I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's a good co-op game, but how does the damage work? Combat does feel weighty and brutal, but it takes a week to actually kill anything, which is particularly frustrating when you get put up against living human people. Is it just that early weapons are weak, or that I really need to rely on headshots, or is there some skill I need that makes everything easier to handle?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Early weapons are weak, but you quickly out-pace the zombies. Focus on environmental kills and molotovs for the early game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There goes an E3 surprise I guess.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/835882948721160192

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I am definitely excited for another one of those games, but less so with the same main character as Shadow of Mordor.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's a bummer if it's true. The guy was very uninteresting. Bland as can be.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That Ghost Recon game seems hilariously bad.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I can't claim I give a poo poo about LotR or the story and characters in the first Mordor, but the open world game play was some of the best I've experienced. I'm in for the sequel.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, it was a fantastic systems-driven game. Story was complete bollocks but with the underlying stuff having groundwork already here's hoping they can spend a bit more time making the plot and environments interesting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dan Didio posted:

That Ghost Recon game seems hilariously bad.

I honestly can't imagine how they could have made it any more boring

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The first time I played it I watched as much of the super serious, grim and mean, trying to be Sicario material that comes with the beta and that they'd released previously as I could stomach it, and then as soon as I got through the first floaty, bland gunfight, I turned my rifle on the nearest civilian out of curiosity and huge, flashing text popped up telling me killing innocent people would lead to a game over. That piece of unintentional satire was unfortunately, the most entertaining idea contained in it.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Picked up Horizon at a mom and pop store yesterday and it's gorgeous, even on a launch PS4. I'm about two hours deep but it plays pretty much exactly like the modern Tomb Raider games have (maybe a bit more of an Ubisoft open world feel to it, and stealth being more optional), so if you like those you'll be right at home. I started it on hard and, while it's early, I kind of wish I just cranked it to hardest from the start. Also, the dialogue is really bad but who cares.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Id rather play Ghost Recon then Horizon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dan Didio posted:

The first time I played it I watched as much of the super serious, grim and mean, trying to be Sicario material that comes with the beta and that they'd released previously as I could stomach it, and then as soon as I got through the first floaty, bland gunfight, I turned my rifle on the nearest civilian out of curiosity and huge, flashing text popped up telling me killing innocent people would lead to a game over. That piece of unintentional satire was unfortunately, the most entertaining idea contained in it.

That reminds me of Sleeping Dogs' Japanese release that warned you and then would game over you if you killed civilians.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Eh, Wildlands is a ton of fun in co-op, and there's a quiet sense of satisfaction for me in the slow obliteration of the Cartel's forces. It's Baby's First Stealth Squad game but it tickles my itchy bits, and is more compelling to me than, say, Resi or Nioh. Mostly just want a big, open game I can get lost in with or without buddies. Slimming down my gaming habits to a massive degree lately and this kind of content suits me great. :shobon:

It also has the Assassin's Creed effect on me in that I'm currently reading up a load of stuff on real world drug cartels and where all that poo poo actually comes from. I think my face has been in a permanent frown for the last few hours due to it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Love to spend hours of my life hunting down *squints at hand* el butchero

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well yeah, after years of arguing the exact same Mass Effect plot threads anything else will seem like a cakewalk for you. :v:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That game should have a synchronization system like Assassin's Creed, except you become more synchronized with every screaming child you calmly hand grenade.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Except if the grenades and shooting were good, instead of really bad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dan Didio posted:

Love to spend hours of my life hunting down *squints at hand* el butchero

oh okay

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Funnily enough Wildlands is set-up in such a way that a Nemesis system like in SoM would be entirely appropriate. Causing a Cartel to collapse in on itself, creating a massive power vacuum where outside, flamboyant lunatics scrabble to fill the void would be amazing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It would also be a good replacement system for the intel-gathering as it exists.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's never too hard to imagine a more interesting application for the Nemesis system than the LOTR setting because just about anything is more interesting than Middle-Earth.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly can't imagine how they could have made it any more boring

It feels like Ubisoft is trying to... "Ubisoft" their multiplayer games by either having them copy the format of Siege for competitive round-based games or The Division for anything co-op. But I could be completely wrong because I've only seen a bit of gameplay footage here and there. I don't really want an online co-op ghost recon, I want a sandbox single player ghost recon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Depends what you mean, really. The AI buddies in singleplayer are invisible to the enemy unless you engage in open combat and are pretty much a glorified multi-kill mechanic. Game just gets a whole lot funnier with four people because you're no longer a well oiled machine - just a bunch of gently caress-ups no doubt off their arse on beer and/or some sort of stimulant. :v:

If you want to micro-manage an entire team then yeah, I can see why this wouldn't appeal.