Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Haha, I was just thinking "This looks fun, I'll check the SA thread before I buy it".

It's sad because there's a really good game hidden under all the Ubisoft gunk. If they could stop being Ubisoft for one week and make the required changes it could be perfect.

Goodchild posted:

I used Steam controller config to set GB to L1, but now For Honor's anticheat kicks me out of matches for being Idle. While I'm clearly running around and participating. Thanks Ubisoft.

Remapping controller buttons is a bannable offense apparently. Their way of blocking button macros was to blanket ban all remaps.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Double Bill posted:

Remapping controller buttons is a bannable offense apparently. Their way of blocking button macros was to blanket ban all remaps.

That explains a lot of my problems when I played with a gamepad. :negative:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Haha, I was just thinking "This looks fun, I'll check the SA thread before I buy it".

Brawl and duel are incredible game modes - everything else is a dumpster fire so if you want a serious 1v1 fighting game and you're willing to pay 60 bucks its worth it.

Seriously don't touch domination or elimination, they are loving real bad

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

abigserve posted:

Brawl and duel are incredible game modes - everything else is a dumpster fire so if you want a serious 1v1 fighting game and you're willing to pay 60 bucks its worth it.

Seriously don't touch domination or elimination, they are loving real bad

As a big champion of the Duel modes, domination is still quite fun, its just when you get matched up against people with ridiculous gear(that are smart enough to know revenge stacking way to go) that it starts getting problematic.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Aesis posted:

I went to Elimination session 3 times, killed someone, each time someone would quit which would throw everyone back to main menu.

I'm done playing this game for now :argh:

This is a for real problem in every 4v4 mode. Chain ragequits crashing to menu.

Double Bill posted:

It's sad because there's a really good game hidden under all the Ubisoft gunk. If they could stop being Ubisoft for one week and make the required changes it could be perfect.

It's an excellent game with outrageously making GBS threads menus and matchingmaking/session handling. I know they're trying a mesh topology peer-to-peer and when people aren't quitting it is smooth buttery sex. When people quit though it collapses.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Evil Canadian posted:

As a big champion of the Duel modes, domination is still quite fun, its just when you get matched up against people with ridiculous gear(that are smart enough to know revenge stacking way to go) that it starts getting problematic.

Let's hope they add gear-less dominion and 4/4.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
How do other fighting games solve defense w/o loving over defensive/reactive characters? Chip damage? Guard meter?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

How do other fighting games solve defense w/o loving over defensive/reactive characters? Chip damage? Guard meter?
For Honor does have chip damage but it's only applied on heavy attacks afaik so you can dodge/parry or just block and ignore. It does get frustrating fighting some classes that have good dodge/guard though, and game play is bit too defensive imo.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Yeah and it's so low w/o gear it's basically not even a thing.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Also: You need to accept for every great Duel you'll get x people who quit after Round 1 (unless you ensure they get to hit you a bit :negative:), y people who will be salty as gently caress, and some matchups where they're literally following a flowchart, and you just have to learn their options.

I keep trying characters just to work out what breaks them, because I don't think they did the visual markers particularly well; Sometimes you can't react intuitively, you just have to learn 'their' character too.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Double Bill posted:

Ubisoft is like if Peter Molyneux could actually implement his ideas, and then gently caress it up after the fact anyway.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Other fighting games have pages upon pages of combos and moves each character can use, so there's no need to be fully on the defensive or offensive, but rather a mix of both.

Also, I figured out two ways of solving the poo poo matchmaking since the biggest issue with mm is the community.
1. Punish abandons, Something Dota does well is escalating the punishment for repeat offenses. While your first offense is just like 15 minutes where you can't queue.
2. Give bonus xp or whatever to a match when everyone readies up instead of leaving.

Positive and negative reinforcement would help the dumb monkeys playing this game use the systems in ways that actually improve the game for everyone.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Evil Canadian posted:

My main worry is they'll keep the OP gear in for the simple reason to shift more chest microtransactions. Seeing as it's by character, and it's a desirable stat on all classes, that's all potential :10bux: in Ubi's eyes would be my guess from people trying to roll the revenge gear so they can poo poo on everyone else.

I'd personally like to see a proper AI horde mode. Future Soldier-like would work in my eyes. One set point / area to defend against waves, and if the AI take it over, you lose. They've already got code for the main classes, grunts, and archers to mix up waves just skew the HP / AI as it keeps going.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

DOTA is free. If you think people are mad about not being able to play because servers are down see what happens when you tell people they're banned for 24 hours because they "got disconnected".

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
When life's got you down, and you feel like it's you against the world, one way to lift your spirits is to lift your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQTZgNsTvjk

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I decided to play the singleplayer on realism mode while the online was down.

I never want to fight another orochi ever again.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Seriously though who thought it was a good idea to have the peace keeper throw out attacks faster than my class can swap their guard direction?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DOTA is free. If you think people are mad about not being able to play because servers are down see what happens when you tell people they're banned for 24 hours because they "got disconnected".

Nasgate posted:

1. Punish abandons, Something Dota does well is escalating the punishment for repeat offenses. While your first offense is just like 15 minutes where you can't queue.

Bolded is the part you seem to have skimmed over.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nasgate posted:

escalating the punishment for repeat offenses

The kind of people who ragequit after losing one round will continue to do it. They're also the same people that immediately go to message boards to complain about video games.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The kind of people who ragequit after losing one round will continue to do it. They're also the same people that immediately go to message boards to complain about video games.

And removing them from the game that long term customers play is going to increase the longevity and enjoyability of the game and therefore profits.
Nerds being keyboard warriors does not affect the average consumer since only nutjobs and diehard fans visit game/dev specific forums.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a great game and i need some cool and good Orochi and fat guy with club guides

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Orochi: wait for the other guy to do something, anything. Dodge/parry that and then top attack him. Repeat until dead

Fat guy: grab them by their tiny babby faces and club them into stuff

boz
Oct 16, 2005
That last knight mission on realistic was a huge rush.

Not for being hard, just for trying to beat it before losing connection to their servers.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Took a short break, came back and did more duels. Feeling a lot better about the game, then I decided to try Dominion since I am dumb.

I'll stick with duels and brawls until revenge gear is toned down a bit.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Nasgate posted:

And removing them from the game that long term customers play is going to increase the longevity and enjoyability of the game and therefore profits.
Nerds being keyboard warriors does not affect the average consumer since only nutjobs and diehard fans visit game/dev specific forums.

Nah, if the game pits me and some other gear 10 scrubs against literal knights in shining armor with 100 gear, then I have no obligation to play. Banning people for quits, especially in a paid game with poor matchmaking that allows join in progress, is sheer idiocy.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Mans posted:

This is a great game and i need some cool and good Orochi and fat guy with club guides

This guy's youtube channel has some very in depth guides on a number of classes. He has done both Orochi and fat man so check those out and see if they work for you.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

Nah, if the game pits me and some other gear 10 scrubs against literal knights in shining armor with 100 gear, then I have no obligation to play. Banning people for quits, especially in a paid game with poor matchmaking that allows join in progress, is sheer idiocy.

That's kind of the danger in banning. On one hand you want to make a fun experience for everyone, and having people constantly AFK hurts that.

On the other hand it's kind of hosed up for companies to police exactly how people are allowed to play. It's slightly more okay for F2P games, but someone getting probated after they spent $60 because they didn't want to finish a match is kinda lovely.

As for the gear thing, that's only for the big 4v4 mode right? The 1v1 and 2v2 don't have upgradable stuff do they?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Abisteen posted:

This guy's youtube channel has some very in depth guides on a number of classes. He has done both Orochi and fat man so check those out and see if they work for you.

Thanks! I'm doing decently with orochi but i'd like to master it properly. It's real fun to start the match, do the back jump, wait for the enemy to come close to do the slashing charge, do a few light combos, dodge and do side swipes and being a general annoying git.

The problem is when i face warlords or berserkers, either they're all goodplayers or i just don't know how to counter them.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I was replaying the story this morning and one of the obsevables in knight mission two mentions that the Knights descend from Centurions, so there's a tie in for a scutum/gladius knight.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

As for the gear thing, that's only for the big 4v4 mode right? The 1v1 and 2v2 don't have upgradable stuff do they?

Gear is purely cosmetic in 1v1 and 2v2.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's kind of the danger in banning. On one hand you want to make a fun experience for everyone, and having people constantly AFK hurts that.

On the other hand it's kind of hosed up for companies to police exactly how people are allowed to play. It's slightly more okay for F2P games, but someone getting probated after they spent $60 because they didn't want to finish a match is kinda lovely.

You read and agreed with the terms of agreements, including all penalties for ragequting and cheating.

And yeah, gear is for Dominion only.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Casnorf posted:

When life's got you down, and you feel like it's you against the world, one way to lift your spirits is to lift your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQTZgNsTvjk

Ladder spam is the one thing I find straight up stupid. It's the one environmental thing that just pisses me off. If you're in a 1v1 and the enemy just camps a ladder waiting, it just gets frustrating. They dedicate their entire energy to trying to 1-shot you by pounding you against the ground, or worse yet, they'll just sit on the ladder knowing if you try to climb it, you'll get hit off, and if you try to go up and around, they'll just run off. All that just to make it a draw.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Kind of crazy the post match screen (that lists your rewards etc) is over 3 separate tabs. It should be on one page, with the cursor over the option for 'Ready', and the next selectable option being 'quit to menu'. The menu screens really need a rework ASAP.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The main reason some of my classes have equipment equipped at all is because I'm mashing the go button and it defaults to the "equip" option for stuff you've gotten from that match. It's really loving dumb

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mans posted:

You read and agreed with the terms of agreements, including all penalties for ragequting and cheating.

And yeah, gear is for Dominion only.

Dominion, elimination, and skirmish all use gear stats.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They should just do it like Destiny or something where normally gear has no stats in any mode but once in a while they do a Retard Rodeo Event where the stats are enabled for a few days so people can get it out of their system before returning to sanity.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ColdIronsBound posted:

Kind of crazy the post match screen (that lists your rewards etc) is over 3 separate tabs. It should be on one page, with the cursor over the option for 'Ready', and the next selectable option being 'quit to menu'. The menu screens really need a rework ASAP.

Everything about the UI is bad in this game, it's nuts

I don't get why modern games don't get better UI's

Battlefield 1 also had a poo poo UI

employ better UI guys, guys

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I decided to play the singleplayer on realism mode while the online was down.

I never want to fight another orochi ever again.

Let me guess, you got to the final boss in the Viking campaign?

That guy was a grade A rear end in a top hat and made me hate single player so much that I haven't gone back after beating him.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Someday my Nat will be yellow and ill be able to fight other jerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My NAT is green and I've been kicked the last 4 matches for low FPS even though this games installed on my SSD with the latest drivers.

Worst part about it is I'm consistently getting kicked right at the end of the match. Like literally as it's ending.