Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
HELL YEAH DON'T gently caress WITH US B)
I'm the dude in green PJs

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Goddamnit Asterix watch your loving mouth

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I generally put him roughly in the same height bracket as Grutte Pier, who was provably 7'1". People absolutely could be that height back then, it was just rarer than it is today.

His (7') sword.
A real life Guts.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

quote:

this guy feels like a character from a different series who came over explicitly to poo poo on it.

Thank you for putting into words everything I hate about Garm.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That feels like a strong vibe to get from him but that's how I feel about Houken in kingdom and god I hope so much the new arc doesn't meant his DBZ rear end will be showing up but inside I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's gonna happen ugh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That feels like a strong vibe to get from him but that's how I feel about Houken in kingdom and god I hope so much the new arc doesn't meant his DBZ rear end will be showing up but inside I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's gonna happen ugh

He'll be fine after Kyoukai kills him after a 30 chapter fight

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Plutonis posted:

He'll be fine after Kyoukai kills him after a 30 chapter fight

It'll be Shin with his new glaive.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just marathoned 60 chapters of this

its amazing

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

I just marathoned 60 chapters of this

its amazing

Of...?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga! - http://bato.to/reader#2882008cb2ee5cbb

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i look forward to the continuing misadventures and disappointments in the life of sigurd

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That's a good point at the end there. What is Floki's game? He isn't dumb enough to think Thorkell would be down with this plan.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gyges posted:

That's a good point at the end there. What is Floki's game? He isn't dumb enough to think Thorkell would be down with this plan.

Maybe he thinks Garm can beat Thorkell? Send a shonen protagonist to kill a shonen villain.

By the bye, Garm is the watchdog of Hel (the goddess and the place) in norse mythology.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Did Floki actually send Garm to kill Vaghn? I can't remember if he was hired or if he just did it because he felt like it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Gyges posted:

floki is actually p. dumb, as evidenced by all the other times he assumed other people were motivated by the exact same things he is

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Floki being unable to understand the motives of others is literally core to his character, it's a big reason why he hated Thors, because Thors didn't see everything in terms of pure cost/benefit like he does. Thorkell isn't as bad as Thors (who Floki couldn't read at all) but is just as much the irrational wild card in his own, single minded way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rodyle posted:

Floki being unable to understand the motives of others is literally core to his character, it's a big reason why he hated Thors, because Thors didn't see everything in terms of pure cost/benefit like he does. Thorkell isn't as bad as Thors (who Floki couldn't read at all) but is just as much the irrational wild card in his own, single minded way.

A decent part of that was that Thors whole outlook was, for lack of a better term, un-Viking. Floki is a Viking dude living in a Viking world and suddenly the guy he knew as the Platonic Ideal of Vikings disappeared and when he popped back up was a pacifist with no desire for things that really turn normal Vikings' cranks.

Thorkell on the other hand is still the same ol' G. Not only that, Thorkell is very vocal and in fact famous for being driven 100% by fighting. Several times he has notoriously switched sides in wars and battles because his side was winning too easily. At the point where we are in the story Thorkell is getting a real jonesing for battle and is fairly loudly complaining about not having any fights to fight.

The attack on Thors was dumb and pointless, but at least fit within some sort of logical reasoning for dealing with a Viking warrior. Kill stealing Thorkel makes no sense at all unless Thorkel was expected to somehow lose the fight anyway or some other poor bastard was sent to assassinate Thorkel in order to totally wipe out any challengers to Floki's plan.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gyges posted:

A decent part of that was that Thors whole outlook was, for lack of a better term, un-Viking. Floki is a Viking dude living in a Viking world and suddenly the guy he knew as the Platonic Ideal of Vikings disappeared and when he popped back up was a pacifist with no desire for things that really turn normal Vikings' cranks.

you're thinking of Thorkell's flashback, not Floki's

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I like Garm.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't and hope someone stabs him in the eye.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I want to see Garm try to pull off the same thing with Thorkell and getting brutally chopped up in the process.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Garm acting like then-Thorfinn makes for a nice mirror to now-Thorfinn. I hope he doesn't stick around for long though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Garm acting like then-Thorfinn makes for a nice mirror to now-Thorfinn. I hope he doesn't stick around for long though.

Garm doesn't act like old Thorfinn, he's more like skinny Thorkell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm gonna read this manga about the Hussite Wars that K.Flaps sent me

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Plutonis posted:

I'm gonna read this manga about the Hussite Wars that K.Flaps sent me

Go on... :stare:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How is Otome Sensou?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How is Otome Sensou?

It's pretty brutal haha. The first chapter kinda struck on a bad note because the poor girl keeps getting owned.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Cat-poo poo-One-80/Vol-001-Ch-001?id=339028

Oh cool a sequel of the manga about 'Nam starring cute bunnies.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Full-eyes ftw.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
His transformation into half-full-eyes chuuni shounen protagonist was beautiful.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link for your convenience - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Chapter-136?id=347836

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
This chapter was hilarious.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i believed in full eyes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Full-Eyes channeling Usopp....

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The bard totally failed that deception check.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So as for the events in this chapter,
Shonen villain kidnaps our pacifist protagonist's friends to force him to fight. :geno:
But as for how it was presented,
Hero Full Eyes!:swoon:

So on the balance, great chapter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Garm can't die fast enough

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hey all, this is a newer release (only one chapter released so far, but they have a whole volume they're scanning?), but it looks pretty promising.
The Blue Eyes of Horus

It seems pretty cool and interesting, I'm looking forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Garm can't die fast enough

Garm will join the crew.