Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When did thibd finally decide to play tyus and dunn together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

When did thibd finally decide to play tyus and dunn together?

When Zach tore his ACL

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

I thought Knicks fans were being dramatic in the nba subreddit but holy gently caress that Knicks subreddit is cancer. How can you not enjoy winning against a divisional rival with a last second step back jumper?

Welcome to why this is one of only two places I feel comfortable talking about Pelicans basketball. Everywhere else has kneejerk reactions and overall terrible opinions about everything. The only thing team specific forums offer me over this place is the rare bit of inside knowledge.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
TheCavs are probably signing Deron, which is good for them and takes the Raptors chances of beating them down a few nortches. Lebron will get 3 or so more minutes of rest a game as there will be a pg to play when he sits.

The Warriors may sign Jose Calderon who's been cooked like a paella or other stereotypically spanish dish for 2.5 yers. I loved that guy's game, he made his teammates so happy and he never missed a jumper.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
RIP Jose: one of the NBA's nicest guys, best shooters, and worst defensive players of all time.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
Trip report from Warriors-Nets:

During some timeouts they ran a game where 2 fans play skee ball with two silver and one gold mini basketballs, a ramp to pop the ball up in the air, and several barrels arranged behind the ramp. The barrel closest to the ramp is worth like $100, one of the corner barrels in the back row is worth $2500, and if you score with the gold ball you get double the normal value of the barrel.

During a 4th quarter timeout, they ran this game for the second time that night. The first fan to play has a bad start. Her first two tries with the silver balls missed the ramp wide left and then wide right, so she's at $0. On her last shot she finally gets the ball down the center of the ramp. It pops up in the air and looks like it is probably going to miss any barrels when suddenly OUT OF NOWHERE STEPH CURRY DARTS IN AND STEALS THE BALL. He almost dunks it in the barrel closest to him, rethinks it, whirls around, and throws it in the $2500 barrel.

They gave her the $5K. Crowd went nuts, we loving loved it. The guy running/announcing the skee ball game was stuttering and shocked enough that I don't think he expected it any more than we did. They eventually replayed it on the jumbotron and this caused a second crowd reaction because so many people (me included) didn't fully understand what had happened live.

Oh yeah they also played a basketball game, and Warriors fans love JaVale McGee.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BobHoward posted:

Trip report from Warriors-Nets:

During some timeouts they ran a game where 2 fans play skee ball with two silver and one gold mini basketballs, a ramp to pop the ball up in the air, and several barrels arranged behind the ramp. The barrel closest to the ramp is worth like $100, one of the corner barrels in the back row is worth $2500, and if you score with the gold ball you get double the normal value of the barrel.

During a 4th quarter timeout, they ran this game for the second time that night. The first fan to play has a bad start. Her first two tries with the silver balls missed the ramp wide left and then wide right, so she's at $0. On her last shot she finally gets the ball down the center of the ramp. It pops up in the air and looks like it is probably going to miss any barrels when suddenly OUT OF NOWHERE STEPH CURRY DARTS IN AND STEALS THE BALL. He almost dunks it in the barrel closest to him, rethinks it, whirls around, and throws it in the $2500 barrel.

They gave her the $5K. Crowd went nuts, we loving loved it. The guy running/announcing the skee ball game was stuttering and shocked enough that I don't think he expected it any more than we did. They eventually replayed it on the jumbotron and this caused a second crowd reaction because so many people (me included) didn't fully understand what had happened live.

Oh yeah they also played a basketball game, and Warriors fans love JaVale McGee.

https://twitter.com/warriors/status/835723437259665410

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/nbadleague/status/835703276003819520

Former Bulls players cooking in the D-League

Hell yeah. Keep shooting, Ben!

Also, today I've learned that there is a product called "Smart Water". What the gently caress?!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We had a Skal sighting in the NBA!

good for the Kings.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Papercut posted:

LOL @ Gordon's reaction

"Preposterous!"

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Fortunately, they were more disciplined last night and reduced all of those inefficient mid range shots. The Rockets continue to get ever close to Morey's dream

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wtf E2M2 did nothing wrong

Free E2M2

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You dare post an image! A day's probation!

Thank god Hand Knit is here policing the forums or else we might get more images.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The hated Jahlil Okafor had a pretty good game last night.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

Thank god Hand Knit is here policing the forums or else we might get more images.

Hahah what the hell, why'd that boy get the boot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

We had a Skal sighting in the NBA!

good for the Kings.

He's so raw looking out there. But he's long, jumps high, hustles, and has a decent looking jumper. No reason someone like that shouldn't log minutes on a bad team

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

In hand knits defense that is a large image not to timg, but a days probation in a pretty chill thread is harsh.

172 pts in the rockets/timberolves game. Rockets are like the new Monta Ellis Warriors, except instead of scoring 125 and losing they are scoring 135 and winning.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah what the hell, why'd that boy get the boot

Image size? I guess he shrunk it down before probation.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's a fair probation because he committed the double whammy of being a warriors fan and posting a lovely image

It would've been a ban if he also admitted to loving canned salmon burgers

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Doltos posted:

Hey man I got 3 days for posting an image of Trump with "WRONG" written on it when I wouldn't have been probated if I had just said something like "[img-trump-wrong]" or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there is no more telling indication of the level of d-league players than the fact that they are getting absolutely roasted by a 32-year-old ben gordon who hasn't played basketball in years

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Who views SA on low-res screens anyway these days

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

I imagine this happening in the NFL, and the player being suspended for 3 games for not respecting the team huddle and timeout.

I love the NBA.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Shout out to the dude who called water a sports drink

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Fast Luck posted:

The hated Jahlil Okafor had a pretty good game last night.

Yes he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVyVUT7YhI

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

In hand knits defense that is a large image not to timg, but a days probation in a pretty chill thread is harsh.

172 pts in the rockets/timberolves game. Rockets are like the new Monta Ellis Warriors, except instead of scoring 125 and losing they are scoring 135 and winning.

it was 272!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

R.D. Mangles posted:

there is no more telling indication of the level of d-league players than the fact that they are getting absolutely roasted by a 32-year-old ben gordon who hasn't played basketball in years

That's why I love basketball talent evaluation. There's not a lot separating a lot of drafted and undrafted players in football but in basketball you can just be like yep, that guy isn't ever going to sniff the NBA.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

TheCavs are probably signing Deron, which is good for them and takes the Raptors chances of beating them down a few nortches. Lebron will get 3 or so more minutes of rest a game as there will be a pg to play when he sits.

The Warriors may sign Jose Calderon who's been cooked like a paella or other stereotypically spanish dish for 2.5 yers. I loved that guy's game, he made his teammates so happy and he never missed a jumper.

Yeah and this is the kind of role that makes old cooked dudes look good again - when you only have to play 10 or 15 minutes, your smoked out knees don't have time to collapse, and you can style on a bunch of younger guys who aren't on your skill or experience level. Good for Deron, my West Virginian-Texan brother.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Turns out being able to score at the rim and being hard to defend is a useful skill!

IcePhoenix posted:

it was 272!

Bah! I meant 272! 172 would be a old Miami/Indy game.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Shame about that jumper though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lol dwyane wade is legit mad that Felicio didn't let him grab a meaningless rebound to get an arbitrary stat marker, what a tool.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

Lol dwyane wade is legit mad that Felicio didn't let him grab a meaningless rebound to get an arbitrary stat marker, what a tool.

Stat padding is the dumbest thing and it doesn't help that assists in the NBA are a joke most of the time.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Any Sacramento area goons who want to go to the Kings season ticket holder party, let me know I have a spare ticket I'm not using.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Almost with the game winner.

Once his jumper gets going he could score 20 a night easy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He has such a nice touch around the basket, but then he takes those David West jumpers with the utmost confidence and they're just flat and bounce away at a 45 degree angle, makes me smile

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

big boi posted:

Shout out to the dude who called water a sports drink

Yeah I was going to say something but my brain could not handle the fact that a goon thought water was a sports drink. My brain shut down.

drat rich athletes being able to drink water with dinner instead of dried mud like us plebes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Smart Water has electrolytes and is expensive so it's not that ridiculous comparing it with a sports drink

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Water is what I drink when I play sport. :colbert:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

I need to know this song please tell me what song this

I need this in my life and i cant be forced to watch jahlil okafor to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Up Circle posted:

I need to know this song please tell me what song this

I need this in my life and i cant be forced to watch jahlil okafor to hear it.

Man it's Heaven must have sent you by the Elgins (this was never incorrectly attributed to the supremes), get shazam on your phone or smarten up

Is the Nate Robinson stepping through Edy Tavares as if he were a threshold an offensive foul. His head had to make a lot of contacts with his thighs? I'm not saying it should be, but could it be, theoretically?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread