Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
http://i.imgur.com/yDs58pu.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Let me guess, you got to the final boss in the Viking campaign?

That guy was a grade A rear end in a top hat and made me hate single player so much that I haven't gone back after beating him.

Worst part about that guy wasn't even his attacks and whatnot.

It was repeating the exact same voice line over and over again.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

Doltos posted:

My NAT is green and I've been kicked the last 4 matches for low FPS even though this games installed on my SSD with the latest drivers.

Worst part about it is I'm consistently getting kicked right at the end of the match. Like literally as it's ending.

Same here, but only on Elimination, and also sometimes if it's an arena with fires and a huge gangfight occurs near one.

The game is on my ssd, gtx 970 with latest drivers, and everything set to one below recommended since I remembered ubisoft games usually have garbage pc ports somehow.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Doltos posted:

My NAT is green and I've been kicked the last 4 matches for low FPS even though this games installed on my SSD with the latest drivers.

Worst part about it is I'm consistently getting kicked right at the end of the match. Like literally as it's ending.

Your SSD won't do anything for FPS most of the time. The SSD will mostly only affect loading times. FPS means CPU and/or GPU.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Goddamn this is beautiful. They never see the charged sweep coming. :allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Doltos posted:

SSD has entirely gently caress-all to do with FPS dude. SSD just makes you load faster. :v: Why would you even say SSD?

Turn your settings down?

Gimbal lock posted:

Your SSD won't do anything for FPS most of the time. The SSD will mostly only affect loading times. FPS means CPU and/or GPU.

And with most games these days its entirely GPU.

A few exceptions exist like GTA, but still.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I missed his earlier stuff, but this dude literally would bitch about every single death he got in all chat.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Is it just me or are the network problems even worse than usual since the NAT issue yesterday? Like, maybe 1 out of every 5-6 matches I've played have gone to completion today, it's absurd.

e: it's been like 3 minutes since i made this post and i've been disconnected from two games

ankle fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Floppychop posted:

Worst part about that guy wasn't even his attacks and whatnot.

It was repeating the exact same voice line over and over again.

YOU ARE A RAIDER, LEGENDARY!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh I love games that refuse to force quit. Anyone know how I can make my window key work with this piece of poo poo game?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh I love games that refuse to force quit. Anyone know how I can make my window key work with this piece of poo poo game?

If it won't work, just bring up task manager.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Xeremides posted:

If it won't work, just bring up task manager.

Forgot I remapped my delete key to be on a second layer/ kept doing ctrl alt backspace (which isn't even the second layer delete key) in my infinite wisdom. My stupidity aside gently caress this piece of poo poo game.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 26, 2017

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Duck and Cover posted:

Forgot I remapped my delete key to be on a second layer/ kept doing ctrl alt backspace in my infinite wisdom. My stupidity aside gently caress this piece of poo poo game.

That's my mantra before, during, and after every match, win or lose.

And then I run headfirst right back in.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

glad i just bought a used copy of this that i can return because i don't think it will stick with me. even without the gear issue, i just find the 4v4 modes unfun. the fun part of the game is the one on one combat and the clear best way to win the 4v4 modes is to not engage in 1v1 combat whenever possible.

don't know if duels and brawls will be enough to sustain my interest

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cams posted:

glad i just bought a used copy of this that i can return because i don't think it will stick with me. even without the gear issue, i just find the 4v4 modes unfun. the fun part of the game is the one on one combat and the clear best way to win the 4v4 modes is to not engage in 1v1 combat whenever possible.

don't know if duels and brawls will be enough to sustain my interest

The fun part of the game is the 1v1 combat, but you don't think the 1v1 mode will sustain your interest. Interesting.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fadam posted:

The fun part of the game is the 1v1 combat, but you don't think the 1v1 mode will sustain your interest. Interesting.
yes. it is not fun enough for me to spend $60 on it. i played for one day and i'm already losing my interest. it has more depth than most games but i no longer have faith in it as a legit competitive game.

you act like you caught me in some kind of logical fallacy when what i said is fairly straightforward.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zaphod42 posted:

SSD has entirely gently caress-all to do with FPS dude. SSD just makes you load faster. :v: Why would you even say SSD?

Turn your settings down?

Yeah usually it's the GPU. This one might be a special exception for CPU though because the simulation stuff is a huge performance drag.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cams posted:

yes. it is not fun enough for me to spend $60 on it. i played for one day and i'm already losing my interest. it has more depth than most games but i no longer have faith in it as a legit competitive game.

you act like you caught me in some kind of logical fallacy when what i said is fairly straightforward.

okay

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
This game probably needs a separate PC thread.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cams posted:

What you said makes perfects sense idk why fadam is being an rear end about it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Doltos posted:

That guy was a grade A rear end in a top hat and made me hate single player so much that I haven't gone back after beating him.

He was pretty annoying and had to resort to waiting on the self heal cooldown while he spammed arrows that couldn't hit me inside a building on the third phase, he pretty much went full anime.

The real problem came with the regular orochi enemies that were impossible to tell the attack direction and would send you back to the start of the mission because they forgot to add checkpoints anywhere on realism.

Another huge pain was the seijuro mission, on realism there were no checkpoints, you had to do the entire mission over if you died to the final boss, I ended up just running past everything that could be run past to just get to him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zaphod42 posted:

Turn your settings down?

No need to get angry man I didn't know that SSD's don't affect FPS.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Doltos posted:

I died to him several times doing it by myself. When I redid it with my brother so he could clear, my brother unwittingly cliffed him and I jump killed him at the very beginning of the fight. My brother didn't understand why I was laughing so hard.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
In 2v2 Brawl vs the AI

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

In 2v2 Brawl vs the AI

These idiots never seem to realise that all players who collaborate on a kill get the point. Like a single heavy on the target is enough to qualify.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Warlord friends, what gear set-up are you guys running?

Here's what I have so far:

I feel like block damage is really important. If you take the feat that lets you do damage with your lights you basically can't ever lose a 1v1 once you hit level 3. Revenge mode stuff doesn't as good as other classes (it takes about 4 blocked hits to get revenge I think), but considering how good our revenge mode is I think its still better than the alternatives. I want to get a helm with debuff resistance on it for the parry shenanigans, but the only purple gear that drops for me is shields :(

I'll swap out the hilt and blade for throw distance and feat cdr when the revenge nerf happens.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
No throw distance :getout:

e; oh you mentioned that.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kainser posted:

No throw distance :getout:

e; oh you mentioned that.

I'll take my ability to fling people clear across the map right now, thanks. The better to cliff you with, my dear.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Yay I got my valkyrie to rep 3, let's start gettiing some lo-

Alright then :stare:

Edit:

It doesn't have the little belt of tusks and bones like my other chest did but now I'm covered in spikes and look like a Mortal Kombat character hell yes

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 26, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

I'll take my ability to fling people clear across the map right now, thanks. The better to cliff you with, my dear.

I feel like every time I've wanted to throw someone into/off of something I've been able to. How much of a benefit does throw distance actually give?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

I feel like every time I've wanted to throw someone into/off of something I've been able to. How much of a benefit does throw distance actually give?

I mean I'm obviously exaggerating, but if you really stack it you can throw them pretty drat far. I main Lawbringer, so being able to reliably cliff and wall stagger folks is pretty intrinsic to my play.

Plus I am the Cliff King after all. Got a rep to maintain.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 26, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

FunkMonkey posted:

I mean I'm obviously exaggerating, but if you really stack it you can throw them pretty drat far. I main Lawbringer, so being able to reliably cliff and wall stagger folks is pretty intrinsic to my play.

Ah, a fellow Patron of the tears of whiny Orochi and Wardens because they don't know how to guardbreak, hail!

Gunder
May 22, 2003

FunkMonkey posted:

Throw gear appears to confer no benefit to Warlords, as they have that shield charge instead, and the stat doesn't seem to limit the distance of the charge at all.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gunder posted:

Throw gear appears to confer no benefit to Warlords, as they have that shield charge instead, and the stat doesn't seem to limit the distance of the charge at all.

A fair point, it's probably the same for raiders, then.

Count Bleck posted:

Ah, a fellow Patron of the tears of whiny Orochi and Wardens because they don't know how to guardbreak, hail!

May your enemies move as vertically as their tears, noble one.

VVVVVVVVVVVVV: Whatever

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 26, 2017

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

FunkMonkey posted:

These idiots never seem to realise that all players who collaborate on a kill get the point. Like a single heavy on the target is enough to qualify.
They don't get the renown. Or the honorable renown bonus, if it was a 1v1 before some other guy dashed up to finish him off.

Not that that matters in brawl, of course.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gunder posted:

It certainly does have a benefit. The warlord just follows them.

I played a game against a Warlord with maxed throw. He pushed us all over the place.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Are the * items only weapons?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Floppychop posted:

It certainly does have a benefit. The warlord just follows them.

I played a game against a Warlord with maxed throw. He pushed us all over the place.

If that's true then gear reductions to the throw stat certainly don't seem to exact much of a charge distance penalty. My warlord's throw distance stat is as reduced as possible (for Rep 2) at 76 Gear Score, and can still charge people around for what feels like pretty large distances. I think, on balance, I gain more from Revenge Gain from Injury.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

That reminds me of a hilarious round a few days ago that I had as Shugoki on... I think the map's called High Castle? Where the A point is on top of a tower and C on a rocky cliff connected to the rest of the map by some narrow bridges.

So, playing a heavy, I immediately beelined it over to C and declared it my personal domain. An enemy Orochi tried to attack it, approaching across the really narrow bridge with no guardrails. So of course I just used Charge of the Oni right down there and knocked him to his death. As soon as he respawns he comes again, down the same bridge. I charge again, he flies again. Third time he wised up and wouldn't step on the bridge while I was in charging range. So I took a step back, let him cross, then immediately guardbroke him and down he went again. And then he came again down that same approach, and again I sent him flying.

At that point he started bitching, so I advised him to maybe not come running down the most obvious and precarious route possible. And the next time he actually went around the long way and got onto the cliff safely. I even played stayed well away from the ledge and waited for him on the centre of the point. So he closed in and we squared up for a proper duel. We traded a few blows, I parried one...

...and threw the guy right into the spikes that were on the point next to us. Immediate ragequit. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gunder posted:

If that's true then gear reductions to the throw stat certainly don't seem to exact much of a charge distance penalty. My warlord's throw distance stat is as reduced as possible (for Rep 2) at 76 Gear Score, and can still charge people around for what feels like pretty large distances. I think, on balance, I gain more from Revenge Gain from Injury.

Same. Revenge mode on Warlord is insane, and even in 1v1 duels with gear turned off I'm able to push people basically anywhere I want.