Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

thathonkey posted:

when will trump have more meetings & phone calls with sovereign leaders

With how they've gone so far and with what we know of trump's personality, probably never

Note how many diplomatic meetings hes had after Trudeau-Handshake-gate followed by the media reporting that world leaders were being briefed on how to handle his babyhands power play...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going back on the correspondence dinner thing, who wants to bet trump ran for president just because of that time Obama made fun of him at one and he was worried about getting flashbacks like a kid who has flashbacks of getting swirlied in school every time they see a toilet.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

thathonkey posted:

when will trump have more meetings & phone calls with sovereign leaders

They probably replaced Trump's phone with a See 'n Say

"The president of France just said "Moo" over and over again.....total loser."

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Viruswithshoes posted:

Can't wait for this to be a film

Good color choice for the poster!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Scary! posted:

Going back on the correspondence dinner thing, who wants to bet trump ran for president just because of that time Obama made fun of him at one and he was worried about getting flashbacks like a kid who has flashbacks of getting swirlied in school every time they see a toilet.

For extra fun, compare that pic of him grower ingreditants (wtf autocorrect. Glowering. The word is glowering) at that Obama dinner roasting with the pic of him in the campaign office right as he won the election

Lol

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

haljordan posted:

"I never knew Japanese was such a simple language, I got this figured out in 5 minutes flat. You just bark like a dog for every word. Oh hello Mr prime minister. Woof woof!"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

thathonkey posted:

can you be hellbanned from twitter

Has Trump actually said anything ban-worthy on Twitter?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Tumble posted:

Has Trump actually said anything ban-worthy on Twitter?

Idk if you're joking but if not, why would it matter? Twitter is a private company

TOS posted:

We may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services or any features within the Services to you or to users generally. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time. We may also remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services, suspend or terminate users, and reclaim usernames without liability to you."

[...]

We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (iv) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services, except that the following sections shall continue to apply: II, III, V, and VI.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is he still tweeting from an unsecured phone?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
And aside from that he's broken some twitter rules depending on interpretation

You can't use twitter for illegal stuff, and him deleting tweets violates the presidential records act

Can't post hate speech, which he's done a few times

Can't harass people, which he does to any company that he comes into direct contact with (corporations are people) especially newsmedia organizations

Can't incite violence or abuse, this one's up for debate I guess, his actions have this consequence but I'm sure he'd argue it was unintentional and the bad apples are all liberals anyway

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 26, 2017

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
yeah just gonna second the post saying "they're a powerful private corp, they can do anything".

banning trump may cause a temporary drop in stock price and bunch of fat right wingers to hobble off the site, that's it. but it's too high a risk (non zero), and his crap is keeping twitter up at the moment.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
He's his own worst enemy so I say let him keep his twitter account and have the American people reap what they have sewn and the constant clusterfuck it keeps causing.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

The Archaic posted:

He's his own worst enemy so I say let him keep his twitter account and have the American people reap what they have sewn and the constant clusterfuck it keeps causing.

I can see it both ways. I'm just kind of curious what he'd do if he got banned.

But yeah, for now his tweets have been mostly just distasteful and stupid and funny but nothing really actionable. We dipped our snoots into some fresh lols when a court used his tweets as evidence against him for the travel ban, just imagine what it'll be like as his presidency wears on and on, with him getting more old and tired and frustrated and senile

Currently a lot of people are gathering various pieces of evidence for various lawsuits, we cant even conceive of the lols to be had when a sitting president is tweeting stuff from confidential depositions and hearings

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lol trump tweets from a galaxy s3

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Isn't Twitter kind of like a bottomless pit, and it doesn't actually make any money? If I owned it I'd shut that poo poo down just to be rid of Trump.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump is not propping up twitter i don't know why people say that. it's legit the reason they couldn't sell in the recent past (along with not mass banning the alt right shits).

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
over/under on trump tweeting a racial slur? i'm thinking 3 years

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

:lol:

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hammerite posted:

over/under on trump tweeting a racial slur? i'm thinking 3 years

Hmm, quite possibly 8 months. It will be in reference to Chicago. It will be an hour before it's edited.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

my headcanon is Zuckerberg, the twitter guys and whoever invented reddit all getting together and blaming each other for the trump presidency

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Holy loving poo poo lmao

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
it doesn't matter that twitter is now a cash sucking black hole, it'll most likely be bought out by another big tech firm and slowly start to fade out of existence along with its new parent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

my headcanon is Zuckerberg, the twitter guys and whoever invented reddit all getting together and blaming each other for the trump presidency

zuckerberg is a republican

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

remember when zuck said it wasn't their fault when they changed the news to no longer be curated even though that led to an explosion of fake news because he said it's not effective! despite him trying to sell advertisers on fbook being effective at exactly that. that's a lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835916511944523777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
lol that donald trump, the president of the united states, is entirely ineffective and serves only as a distraction while the republican legislative branch does basically whatever they want

lmao that donald trump, the president of the united states, has no idea that this is what is happening

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

But isn't the illegal leaks also the russia talk?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

generic republican claims to be a christian lol

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/835888758985789440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Hammerite posted:

lol that donald trump, the president of the united states, is entirely ineffective and serves only as a distraction while the republican legislative branch does basically whatever they want

lmao that donald trump, the president of the united states, has no idea that this is what is happening

Double lol with an lmbo finish because Republicans couldn't imagine just how unlikeable and buffoonish trump ended up being as president, to the point that at least some portion of them are under siege by their own Republican constituents at their own town hall meetings

Rofl that more than one R politician will lose their job as a result of this. It won't be the clean sweep we'd like, but at least it's something

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol scammers totally make a profit off of stealing medical care. Not like ATM fees, homeopathic body wraps, and amway.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Hammerite posted:

and I lol again

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I will gladly give my own life to see this motherfucker die from a slow rear end cancer.
I want him crying out in pain while his bedsheets fuse with the bubbling lovely red mess his rear end in a top hat mutates into.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

happyhippy posted:

I will gladly give my own life to see this motherfucker die from a slow rear end cancer.
I want him crying out in pain while his bedsheets fuse with the bubbling lovely red mess his rear end in a top hat mutates into.

:stonk:

no more dying in agony lolposts please

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump is not propping up twitter i don't know why people say that. it's legit the reason they couldn't sell in the recent past (along with not mass banning the alt right shits).

Twitter has never been and will never be profitable. Even with all the user data mining, they still can't make money. In fact they have lost $2B in the last 5 years and are losing users as well. That's why no one is interested in buying.

I really hope the company folds when the tech bubble pops. Twitter has been used for the occasional good, but in general it's a platform used mostly for trolling. And I guess Trump is king troll.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 26, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Hammerite posted:

Sometimes I think he may be suffering from mild Alzheimers and just kind of stumbles around not really understanding what is going on. Then he hears something on the TV that makes him real mad all of a sudden.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

Twitter has never been and will never be profitable. Even with all the user data mining, they still can't make money. In fact they have lost $2B in the last 5 years and are losing users as well. That's why no one is interested in buying.

I really hope the company folds when the tech bubble pops. Twitter has been used for the occasional good, but in general it's a platform used mostly for trolling. And I guess Trump is king troll.

Twitter is a teribble platform, investment, concept, company, and place to work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

i know that but companies that lose money sell all the time (yahoo recently). the last attempt at selling twitter ended up falling through because they didn't ban trump and all the frogs.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 26, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Minimalist Program posted:

Twitter is a teribble platform, investment, concept, company, and place to work.

Yeah I have heard that it's awful to work there as well. They should just close up shop right now. After the billions of hateful and mean tweets sent out into the world, they could do one good thing to make amens, and stop Trump from tweeting ever again.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Minimalist Program posted:

But its a great tool for trump to make an absolute fool of himself with, a twit if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Must be a great feeling to be the founder and/or ceo of twitter and know that the only thing your lovely idiot retard company will go down in history for, is being the main platform of the guy who turned the US into a fascist regime.