Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

Little of both. He's been doing the same schtick for like a decade now and it's gotten really stale because he never changes it up.
He did change it up a bit when his gimmick suddenly became :byodood: YELLING ABOUT HOW THIS IS MY PASSION DAY IN DAY OUT I WORK MY rear end OFF

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

this dolph feud should've been preceded by trying to make crews and kalisto a tag team full of flips and wet stunts, and then dolph injures kalisto during the heel turn, boom, a good feud. instead, it's empty as hell and just dolph wolloping dorks with a chair for pops.
Also he shouldn't keep beating on them when people cheer for the chairshots. It's a heel's job to deprive the crowd of what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

sticklefifer posted:

Also he shouldn't keep beating on them when people cheer for the chairshots. It's a heel's job to deprive the crowd of what they want.

Sheamus?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm behind a Kalisto + Apollo team. They're literally undefeated in handicap matches. Braun better watch his back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Delsaber posted:

Was the Team Rocket version of Dolph actually good or was he just benefiting from the presence of AJ and Big E?

I will say that Dolph was red hot off the Sting survivor series. He looked like a loving iron man badass in that match. He went three on one plus Triple H and managed to pull out two pins until he just collapsed and Sting came out to make the save if I remember the finale right. I rewatched Royal Rumble 2015 tonight with my friend who wanted to laugh at Rock being boo'd, and Dolph's entrance at #30 almost blows the roof off the place.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Who is the top face on the Raw brand? Curious

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

a.lo posted:

Goldberg I guess? Sure as hell ain't Roman or Rollins.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

It's Chris Jericho now dumb-dumbs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhonne posted:

Would they let Matt be Broken Matt Hardy for that?

It's either:

a) They'd just be the regular Hardys, because WWE didn't come up with the Broken gimmick

or

b) They'd come in as Broken Matt and Brother Nero, but have to listen to WWE on how to do the gimmick

nokiddin
Apr 29, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

I'm behind a Kalisto + Apollo team. They're literally undefeated in handicap matches. Braun better watch his back.

No fists, just flips.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blaise330 posted:

ApollKalisto Now!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

a.lo posted:

Full time? Right now it's basically Roman because the smaller guys and flippy guys who they slot ahead of him keep injuring themselves

#2 is Sami

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Full time? Right now it's basically Roman because the smaller guys and flippy guys who they slot ahead of him keep injuring themselves

#2 is Sami

It's positioned as Roman, but realistically, it's Jericho. Sami's #4 behind Rollins (5 if you count Goldberg or Uncle Hunter after that loving ridiculous babyface promo he cut before Joe's debut)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 26, 2017

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Grendels Dad posted:

ApollKalisto Now!

Crewistico

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Davros1 posted:

b) They'd come in as Broken Matt and Brother Nero, but have to listen to WWE on how to do the gimmick

However, Vince writing Broken Hardys promos/storylines is something I really need to see

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Apollo I think also suffers a bit from WWE forgetting that the crowd can like exciting spots, and being bad at actually pushing happy face characters.

Plus he hasn't had any good matches, or great opponents since call up. Feel free to correct me, but since call up he has feuded with the social outcasts, Sheamus, Miz and Dolph. None of whom I'd say elevate opponents.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Sanguinia posted:

Goldberg I guess? Sure as hell ain't Roman or Rollins.

Idk if this is heresy, but does anyone else find Rollins kinda boring? Face Rollins definitely is, I feel like. Even before he was injured, I didn't feel invested in his character/his story with the Authority at all.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Professor Funk posted:

Idk if this is heresy, but does anyone else find Rollins kinda boring? Face Rollins definitely is, I feel like. Even before he was injured, I didn't feel invested in his character/his story with the Authority at all.

Because it was written like total poo poo. I don't blame Rollins for that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Midnightghoul posted:

However, Vince writing Broken Hardys promos/storylines is something I really need to see

I bet Broken Matt could pull off tater tots

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lol Jeff Jarrett is just gonna let Matt Hardy walk?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

Lol Jeff Jarrett is just gonna let Matt Hardy walk?

If it comes down, budget-wise, to Matt or Galloway, I can see leaning towards the guy who could actually be a singles headliner for the next 5 years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

If it comes down, budget-wise, to Matt or Galloway, I can see leaning towards the guy who could actually be a singles headliner for the next 5 years.

Again though this is Jarrett we're talking about, which is why this is surprising

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Chris James 2 posted:

Again though this is Jarrett we're talking about, which is why this is surprising

Doesn't Jarrett hate the Broken gimmick?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

As if jarrett knows anything about a good gimmick

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, we know the single headliner will be Jarrett, but what about Matt or Galloway?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Did Jeff actually wrestle in GFW?

Rhonne posted:

Would they let Matt be Broken Matt Hardy for that?

Probably not given that the majority of their fan base doesn't know what broken Matt Hardy is.
They just want their 90's nostalgia pop.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 26, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HerraS posted:

It's Chris Jericho now dumb-dumbs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Did Jeff actually wrestle in GFW?

Probably not given that the majority of their fan base doesn't know what broken Matt Hardy is.

If they come in at or the day after Mania, they'd get drowned out by DELETE chants if they tried to do Team Extreme. It'd be like them bringing Nakamura in and wanting him to be a boring guy in black trunks who doesn't dance because that's what he was when he wrestled Brock.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ChrisBTY posted:

Live crowds might know it though, I think there have been occasional delete chants on WWE tv. It still would be a weird thing to just introduce without explanation, so idk if you'd have to bring them back as part of an angle rather than as a surprise to kind of explain that they're weirdos now.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Ostentatious posted:

As if jarrett knows anything about a good gimmick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtrnjIjKCUs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/835944939464818688

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

they should redo the attitude era and call it the atti-new-d era

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Debra.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ruthless aggression:lol:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

New Day started cooling off 6 months ago, so naturally bring in the Hardys for a pointless feud

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if they're bringing the hardys in their first feud should be for the belts

and then after dropping the belts the new day feud

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

bradzilla posted:

New Day started cooling off 6 months ago, so naturally bring in the Hardys for a pointless feud

counterpoint: a hardys-new day feud would loving own

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
*as long as the stakes weren't a loving ice cream machine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

*as long as the stakes weren't a loving ice cream machine

CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES! I KNEW YOU'D COME! ...with my double-scoop order.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

counterpoint: a hardys-new day feud would loving own

Yeah honestly if the new broken Hardy boyz did come in they would have the feud with the new day. That poo poo would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I want to see Woods job to Maxell.

• Locked thread