Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

hey

hey guys

more like "dr. who gives a poo poo"

:grin:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not opposed to a female and/or minority-of-your-choice Doctor, but I have no confidence in the show handling such a thing with any sort of appropriateness.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It would be cool if, instead of making a new Doctor Who, they ceased production of all Doctor Who shows and spinoffs permanently.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Also Idris Elba is a good actor and doesn't deserve to have a Dr Who credit inflicted on him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mrmcd posted:

Also Idris Elba is a good actor and doesn't deserve to have a Dr Who credit inflicted on him.

But he's literally the only black british actor Doctor Who nerds can think of!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guy Goodbody posted:

But he's literally the only black british actor non-Brits can think of!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

It is kind of bonkers that there's never been a black doctor, and, as with every other role on the planet, Idris Elba would be amazing at it

black people make up like 3% of england, he should be south asian

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I think they need to remake "Black Dynamite" with Bernie Sanders.

This movie would actually be pretty funny. He marched with King, you know!

Tokamak has issued a correction as of 02:04 on Feb 27, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

oldie but goodie popped up in my feed

https://twitter.com/koolaid/status/614560789341569024

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

kool-aid doesnt discriminate, it gives diabetes whether youre white, black, ga

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/deAdder/status/836046207952760843

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

lmao

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember when michael moore was roundly mocked for his oscar acceptance speech that could be summed up by him saying "gently caress bush." those were far more enlightened times for humanity

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

i remember when michael moore was roundly mocked for his oscar acceptance speech that could be summed up by him saying "gently caress bush." those were far more enlightened times for humanity

True.. Back then we murdered hundreds of thousands of Browns with dignity

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The ending of the woke oscars was beyond my wildest imagination.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The mental image of the koolaid man busting through the walls into a gay wedding fills me with so much joy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

an actual dog posted:

The ending of the woke oscars was beyond my wildest imagination.

Incredible. Trump is making America great again by these idiots owning themselves.

It's almost performance art. it's even better that they're being owned by a complete buffoon. The whole country can see their phoniness.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mrmcd posted:

Doctor Wire

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Ah, the A. Wyatt Mann school of caricature

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nordic Ammunition Company runs an ad in a Norwegian newspaper, cheering on the Aryan Norwegian ski team during the world cup

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Teen Vogue added a news round up feature and called it The Woke List

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/JAZMINEDIOR/status/836222564305371137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

the dude is good looking, the kid not so much. he doesnt know how to pull a good face expression(trying to look serious but instead looks mentally disabled)

wait. isnt the joke that bats/bruce are the same person and robin is a dumb but goodhearted kid.

cool, i can't wait for the wokes to find a reason to be mad about the win. because they will.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

giving blood and platelets to people that need them is pretty woke, right? i wish these vampires would stop telling me to give blood

an actual dog posted:

Teen Vogue added a news round up feature and called it The Woke List
reading teen vogue for current events is like reading playboy for the articles: the content is more highbrow than what they're known for, but not many people care that they do it

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd donate blood and platelets more often if I weren't just donating a bunch of poo poo that then goes on to be sold to patients at incredibly high prices

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait. isnt the joke that bats/bruce are the same person and robin is a dumb but goodhearted kid.

See, this is why you'll never be a successful media critic.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

call to action posted:

I'd donate blood and platelets more often if I weren't just donating a bunch of poo poo that then goes on to be sold to patients at incredibly high prices
the new york blood bank occasionally has events where you can give blood and get two free Mets tickets. that's how i got to see Jose Fernandez pitch a month before he died. i appreciate how metal it is to get tickets to a sports team that way

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

reading teen vogue for current events is like reading playboy for the articles: the content is more highbrow than what they're known for, but not many people care that they do it

that's a rude way to talk about the newspaper of the resistance.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the new york blood bank occasionally has events where you can give blood and get two free Mets tickets. that's how i got to see Jose Fernandez pitch a month before he died. i appreciate how metal it is to get tickets to a sports team that way

It's good to hear both you and Jose Fernandez chose to donate blood.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cool, i can't wait for the wokes to find a reason to be mad about the win. because they will.

The most obvious route there is "did it really win on it's own merits or did the academy just see giving the award to a muslim for a movie about a gay black guy as a way to stick it to Trump?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Franz posted:

The most obvious route there is "did it really win on it's own merits or did the academy just see giving the award to a muslim for a movie about a gay black guy as a way to stick it to Trump?"

Let's not kid ourselves, movies almost never win Oscars based on their own merits. If it wasn't for Trump and all the racial controversy surrounding the Oscars, they absolutely would've given the award to the big sloppy Hollywood blowjob La La Land.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guy Goodbody posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, movies almost never win Oscars based on their own merits. If it wasn't for Trump and all the racial controversy surrounding the Oscars, they absolutely would've given the award to the big sloppy Hollywood blowjob La La Land.

There's no doubt in my mind that the reason the whole thing happened is that they rehearsed it for La La Land winning and the decision to change happened practically at the last minute.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

moonlight was the better movie and for that i'm glad it won. but it was also probably done for political posturing, and for that i hate that it won. and that envelope thing was a deliberate ploy, sort of like how that guy who was eating a meat pie on the sidelines of an English soccer match was just doing it for a bet

Bip Roberts posted:

It's good to hear both you and Jose Fernandez chose to donate blood.
:drat:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The_Franz posted:

pretty much. I am sure the movie is good, but it sounds pretentious/sappy as gently caress which isnt my thing in general.

MizPiz posted:

There's no doubt in my mind that the reason the whole thing happened is that they rehearsed it for La La Land winning and the decision to change happened practically at the last minute.

probaly. the cynic in me believes, it was a sloppy gently caress you to a trump(trump doesnt care, only his alt right/light followers and they hate anything if it has any diversty) and throwing a bone to the wokes. that being said. i am glad it won. i am more annoyed that suicide squad got a loving oscar for make up.

MizPiz posted:

See, this is why you'll never be a successful media critic.

apparently.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol at the conspiracies in this thread. I'm apparently crazy for thinking that some dude just hosed up.

And yea Oscars are politics, and Moonlight ran a very good awards campaign. It got the most votes!!! Congrats!!!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

an actual dog posted:

lol at the conspiracies in this thread. I'm apparently crazy for thinking that some dude just hosed up.

And yea Oscars are politics, and Moonlight ran a very good awards campaign. It got the most votes!!! Congrats!!!

You do have a point, Moonlight and La La Land to look very similar when typed out.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Can confirm.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Martian Manhunter from Supergirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah, it doesn't even have real gay adoption, just someone not recoiling at the idea of gay adoption.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Martian Manhunter from Supergirl

I've never seen Supergirl because I have an inescapable sense any live action superhero TV show would have to be lovely. Which is weird because the only one I can remember seeing is Lois and Clark which kicked rear end.