Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm just glad Ellison's gonna have a useful job in the Democratic Party.

Because he's staying in Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

PS I don't think the DNC chair gets to decide who wins primary elections

i thought we weren't relitigating the primary, tho?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

Yes, that's the DNC as a whole not perez.

Yes but one man is in charge of the DNC. The chairman.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
according to last week tonight, the only issue with obamacare is you didn't get to choose your doctor after all

oh geez thats just awful

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The platform is written by elected delegates at the party convention, the chair does not write policy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

The platform is written by elected delegates at the party convention, the chair does not write policy

Keep in mind at least ~215 (really all of them) of these are neoliberal shills but really perez is a bag man/lightning rod

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

GUYS THE DNC CHAIR DOESNT MATTER AT ALL IT COULD BE ANYONE

CHAIRING ELLISON WAS ASKING TOO MUCH PROGRESSIVES NEED TO REALIZE NOT ALL THEIR DEMANDS WILL BE MET OVERNIGHT

hint to bad dems: you can only trot out one of these deflection tactics at a time

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

GUYS THE DNC CHAIR DOESNT MATTER AT ALL IT COULD BE ANYONE

CHAIRING ELLISON WAS ASKING TOO MUCH PROGRESSIVES NEED TO REALIZE NOT ALL THEIR DEMANDS WILL BE MET OVERNIGHT

hint to bad dems: you can only trot out one of these deflection tactics at a time

Dunno I wanted Ellison to win but the DNC is full of the same shitheads with or without him. I'm probably safe near ledges atm.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

fact: the obama admin scrambled to find someone to run after ellison announced his candidacy because the chair doesnt matter and they are all the same

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

fact: the obama admin scrambled to find someone to run after ellison announced his candidacy because the chair doesnt matter and they are all the same

Fact: a whole bunch of people then voted for that guy and not ellison

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

obviously just trying to save the progressives from wasting top talent on such an unimportant position, obama being an expert on conserving and growing your political capital and assets. hell, he managed to hang on to most of his for over eight years! that rainy day is coming any time now

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

I wonder why a bunch of lobbyists and 6-figure-consultants voted for Perez

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

a bunch of cowards who didnt want an open vote

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

economic anxiety

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Breakfast All Day posted:

obviously just trying to save the progressives from wasting top talent on such an unimportant position, obama being an expert on conserving and growing your political capital and assets. hell, he managed to hang on to most of his for over eight years! that rainy day is coming any time now

After his next vacation, I'm sure

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
The DNC chair can both be a powerless position and also be treasured by shitheads of any ideological persuasion.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

After his next vacation, I'm sure

have you seen his skin tho? so clear from all that water. yaas king

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the very same outfit that came up with "america is already great" hats wanted to maintain as much of their status quo as possible, even though they are responsible for people losing their health insurance.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

The DNC chair can both be a powerless position and also be treasured by shitheads of any ideological persuasion.

I feel like wanting ellison to win and not being devistated he didn't is consistent with it being a relatively powerless position.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"i don't understand why you're complaining," said donna brazile to a leper as she flips a coin in their direction, "i've been doing pretty well for myself."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"isn't lena dunham just great?" asked hillary clinton to an orphan.

"our orphanage just burned down," replied the child.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"isn't lena dunham just great?" asked hillary clinton to an orphan.

"our orphanage just burned down," replied the child.

She would ask that orphan for a dollar.

"IM SERIOUS"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"i haven't eaten in three days"

"here, have a copy of katy perry's new single."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"this bank just foreclosed on this serviceman's house."

"but would that solve racism?"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"this bank just foreclosed on this serviceman's house."

"but would that solve racism?"

*Whiskey Juvenile bursts into thread to defend the honor of some Wallstreet executives*

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, i don't give a gently caress about the context of 'but would that solve racism' -- her job was to deliver a clear, positive message that resonated with the people and she fuckin' failed at that.

we don't put up with trump supporters with their "what he meant to say" bullshit, so why do we give that kind of clumsy mealymouthing a break from dread abuela?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I feel like wanting ellison to win and not being devistated he didn't is consistent with it being a relatively powerless position.

okay but what if ellison is still playing a part in things but you throw a whiny tantrum anyway because all conflicts are bernie sanders vs hillary clinton forever until you win

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i don't think there's a word for that

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
dems: pissss

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bip Roberts posted:

lol like that fucker who said he was voting perez out of spite because of all the people calling him to voice support for ellison

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you mean to say a thing, say that thing the very moment you open your mouth or else why even loving bother with politics?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

i honestly didn't care who won it, as long as it wasn't a blatant lobbyist or someone propped up by the obama administration.

Yinlock posted:

i don't think there's a word for that

i know that complaining about that concept is referred to as 'yinlocking.'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

especially after ellison secured the key "guy who doesn't consider himself part of the party unless he needs them" endorsement

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i honestly didn't care who won it, as long as it wasn't a blatant lobbyist or someone propped up by the obama administration.

i know that complaining about that concept is referred to as 'yinlocking.'

no "yinlocking" is when you whine about someone's poo poo gimmick

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, democrats distancing themselves from obama wouldn't even have been a revolutionary concept, seeing as how a whole bunch of them did that just after the aca

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im afraid my bad posts are no gimmick friend

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
the hypernatremia is real

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

especially after ellison secured the key "guy who doesn't consider himself part of the party unless he needs them" endorsement

the party of the big tent (as long as you wear our completely arbitrary jersey and don't try to gently caress with our gravy train of lobbyist donations)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dems: i accept this cheerfully

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 06:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

imo the democrats main problem is that everyone(including and especially themselves) ignores them after they win and lets the shitheads recover

• Locked thread