Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

trump bashing on the boulevard
poop everywhere

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its:krad: that in tng their principle mode of recreation is to enjoy one anothers creative output

lots of plays, conxerts in 10 forwaed, etc

they dont do generic mass media and they dont screw off to the holodeck all the time

varclay having sex adventures and reproducing his coworkers to get out some job stress was seen as unusual and especially unusually antisocial

theyre interested in real human interactions and the thoughts and expressions of their community—nice poo poo imo

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Squizzle posted:

its:krad: that in tng their principle mode of recreation is to enjoy one anothers creative output

they dont do generic mass media and they dont screw off to the holodeck all the time

varclay having sex adventures and reproducing his coworkers to get out some job stress was seen as unusual and especially unusually antisocial

theyre interested in real human interactions and the thoughts and expressions of their community—nice poo poo imo

also all that poo poo's logged right? if you're having orgies with 12 troi's every other night, someone's gonna notice eventually

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
all people would do with a holodeck is gently caress people they cant/wont/shouldnt gently caress in real life

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

there's no way this isn't 90% of what it's used for everywhere else though

the enterprise-d is just the ship of nerds

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Squizzle posted:

agreed. thank you. that's why I love it and write stories about tng.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
tng is boring

death to space liberals

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

deadgoon posted:

tng is boring

death to space liberals

naw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

change my name posted:

also all that poo poo's logged right? if you're having orgies with 12 troi's every other night, someone's gonna notice eventually

holodeck matinence is the worst job in the world

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Stuffs u into jeffries tube in high school

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
tng is a beige nightmare

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

deadgoon posted:

tng is boring

death to space liberals

I am actually excited thinking about tng right now.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
la la land was good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

matinence log 345-b: was cleaning cum out of panel 23 when someone bumped into a wall outside and now i'm under attack by the holographic gently caress beasts of sexulon four

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

deadgoon posted:

tng is a beige nightmare

:chloe:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If u die in hologram you die in the real world

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

logikv9 posted:

la la land was good

la la land would have won

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

waaaaaaaaaah u like musical!!!
waaaaaaaaaah u dont like musical!!!!!!
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhwa hhhhhhhh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

logikv9 posted:

If u die in hologram you die in the real world

Tom paris

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my main thesis on tng, its a future based on the idea that human nature doesnt change but we can build a world defined by the best of ourselves instead of our darkest poo poo

charity and the drive to explore and learning and hope and persistence and all that cool jazz can dictate the shape of things, and help us not write new histories of war and hate and fear etc

its a very sweetly inspiring idea even if not always convincing

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yinlock posted:

matinence log 345-b: was cleaning cum out of panel 23 when someone bumped into a wall outside and now i'm under attack by the holographic gently caress beasts of sexulon four

Number 1.....

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

a.lo posted:

I am actually excited thinking about tng right now.

im excited by the idea of beating up a nerd

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

twitter is going crazy what just happened at the oscars

I'm not watching it what happened

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

speng31b posted:

Tom paris

Voyager had the best opening

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

my main thesis on tng, its a future based on the idea that human nature doesnt change but we can build a world defined by the best of ourselves instead of our darkest poo poo

charity and the drive to explore and learning and hope and persistence and all that cool jazz can dictate the shape of things, and help us not write new histories of war and hate and fear etc

its a very sweetly inspiring idea even if not always convincing

you're absolutely right but it's funny to joke about what idiots would do with access to matter machines and holodecks

speng31b
May 8, 2010

logikv9 posted:

It's been a looooooooooong r o a d

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

deadgoon posted:

im excited by the idea of beating up a nerd

hold on a sec just a bit let me finish these lateral presses

you were saying?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

jeez i never thought about that before but it is kind of like the fun of being in a local underground music scene

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
tng is not the best of humanity tng is the banality of humanity

life aboard the enterprise d (easy d) turns you into a borg

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

speng31b posted:

It's been a looooooooooong r o a d

Prefer the evil space empire version

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

/pol/ comin

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
i would use the holodeck as a bathroom

step in naked and just let it happen

the holojanitor can clean it up

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Whoever posted the thread title deserves a handy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Prefer the evil space empire version

Getting from there.to.here

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

in ~10 minutes the twister comes

here comes the Twister (1996)

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

S U C C

Z O N E

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

and in this utopia even knowing about the existence of baseball is considered obscure trivia

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
that was an episdode, where picard literally turned into a borg, and then he deborged and went back to earth, and his family thought being in starfleet was turning people into figurative borgs

q threw the enterprise to the cube so they could see their future

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

maintenance log 387: jenkins rewired the matter converters to make two identical copies of the captain's hot wife, both of which turned him down simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

logikv9 posted:

ds9 space rock is #1

• Locked thread