Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
You've got 9s to hit, might wanna save the AC20 ammo for better shots and use the medium lasers till you get closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

You've got 9s to hit, might wanna save the AC20 ammo for better shots and use the medium lasers till you get closer.

You okay showing the equation of how you got 9s? Not saying you are wrong at all I just am still having difficulty working out the equations is all.

Okay so think it is thus (base 4 + run mod 2 + medium range 2 + enemy move 1 = 9) with it being 7s for the large lasers due to them being at short range? That right?

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 27, 2017

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I'm going to end the dire wolf.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

koolkevz666 posted:

You okay showing the equation of how you got 9s? Not saying you are wrong at all I just am still having difficulty working out the equations is all.

Okay so think it is thus (base 4 + run mod 2 + medium range 2 + enemy move 1 = 9) with it being 7s for the large lasers due to them being at short range? That right?

Yup, that's it!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I sent orders that I was going to do nothing, but you wrote "no orders received", did you miss them or did they somehow not get sent?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir posted:

The Sunder does have 10 rounds of AC20 ammo - with the amount of firepower on the field, it's unlikely it'll get through it all even if it fires every round.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I think this is as good a shot at that little wyvern as we are going to get. The wyvern is pretty slow, due to all the guns. How about that battle cobra in 1115? 4 base + 1 walked +1 Medium range? + 2 target moved 8= 8ish if I fire from 2210. This also gives me some cover, but I should probably move up more for future brawling with my medium lasers. Since I only shoot two guns at this range I don't want to claim a target all for myself.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I skipped the last 37000 posts, what's been going on this thread in the last, uh, 2 years?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

I skipped the last 37000 posts, what's been going on this thread in the last, uh, 2 years?

One time a robot got suplexed by another robot.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Arglebargle III posted:

awesomeness.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arglebargle III posted:

An Atlas destroyed a Star in less than a minute.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We met Space Hitler and he turned out to be kind of a cool uncle

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean he's still a space Bond villain but there's worse people to work for in the BT universe.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xarbala posted:

I mean he's still a space Bond villain but there's worse people to work for in the BT universe.

"cream?"

"...no, thank you."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I mean every last one of the faction leaders worth a drat in this setting would give orders that got me killed, but at least with this Amaris I could be reasonably assured that it would lead to some really cool poo poo happening.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Arglebargle III posted:

We've just recently declared it time for you to go back and read those 37000 posts.

Seriously worth it. I mean, not reading PTN's posts here is like a crime or something.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Just use the index to read the actual updates and skip the 36500 posts of goons sperging about robots

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

air raid is a good mission if you like seeing clans get dunked on

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Arglebargle III posted:

I forget which mission it started in, but PTN really stepped up his game by using sprites to represent the mechs, everything looks very snazzy now. Definitely check out recent missions through the already mentioned handy index in the OP, and political and combat theatre votes should show you the up-to-date map of the Inner Sphere and the glorious clusterfuck it has become.

Night10194 posted:

An Atlas destroyed a Star in less than a minute.

And this. Auxilia, Air Raid, and Nergal Reactor were all distinct flavours of absolute brutality.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont forget the telefrag.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Wafflecopper posted:

Just use the index to read the actual updates and skip the 36500 posts of goons sperging about robots

You can skip a good number, but it's mostly a good read. Certainly daunting in size, but I'd say it's pretty consistently great.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
N-th ing that the whole Demon Hawks campaign was great.

King Dadlas' murder spree is the stuff of legends.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Hey, Cestus here. If I run out to hex 1711 (4 hexes SW) will I have a rear shot on that Wolverine leading the northern enemy star?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

Read Sludge Factory if you want to see two tank armies absolutely savaging each other.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

tokenbrownguy posted:

Hey, Cestus here. If I run out to hex 1711 (4 hexes SW) will I have a rear shot on that Wolverine leading the northern enemy star?
No, you would be shooting it in its left side. I don't see any way to get a shot at an enemy 'Mech's back this turn.

To get a guaranteed back shot on that Wolverine by running straight, you'd need to get all the way to 1014. The Screamer could do it :black101:.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

habituallyred posted:

I think this is as good a shot at that little wyvern as we are going to get. The wyvern is pretty slow, due to all the guns. How about that battle cobra in 1115? 4 base + 1 walked +1 Medium range? + 2 target moved 8= 8ish if I fire from 2210. This also gives me some cover, but I should probably move up more for future brawling with my medium lasers. Since I only shoot two guns at this range I don't want to claim a target all for myself.

You'll be shooting the Battle Cobra B? It'll be on 9s because Medium range is +2.

The Cestus can run forward and shoot its gauss on 8s (Because of quirks the gauss takes only +1 for running) and the LLs on 9s. Or he can take one step forward and shoot the gauss on 8s, the LLs on 10s.

The Ceasar can take a step forward and unload on 9s as well.

Meanwhile I intend to take a step forward and unload on the Battle Cobra B, on 8s, with my LRM-15s.

If we all focus the Battle Cobra B, we might be able to dish out enough hurt to murder it in a turn or two. After that, the more brawly mechs will probably want to pick a fight with the Battle Cobra A.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Southern lance are we all going to focus on the Nightstar or split it so we have two cases of 2 vs 1 fights?

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I think everyone focusing on the Nightstar is a good idea, but we should pick an alternate target for everyone but the Thunder Hawk in case of headcaps.

E2: Never mind, I found the range calculations in the quick start rules. From 2137 to the Nightstar in 1335 the range is 8, right?

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 27, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The counter-argument to that is that the Cyclops can probably hold its own for a few turns and that's damage that isn't pointed the players' way, so eliminating another target first may be in your favor.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

If you weren't here for pirate shenanigans (I honestly can't remember), I highly suggest reading the pirate one.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Arglebargle III posted:

We went Mech Wrasslin, fought SkyNet, hung out with Space Hitler and crowned a new King. The Cappellans are under HPG Interdiction but we don't known how much they actually care about that (because they have Clan scientists now). ComStar themselves are up to some shenaningans, but we don't yet know what. They were the fluff vote for this go-round before the mission.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The Star League is back too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Caesar Steiner ran wild on the battlefield like a shiny golden god.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

apostateCourier posted:

If you weren't here for pirate shenanigans (I honestly can't remember), I highly suggest reading the pirate one.

I'm biased (guess why) but that is obviously a scenario everyone should read. And re-read. So great.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am going to walk one hex forward and shoot PPCs + Gauss at Battle Cobra B.

My understanding of the Zell rules for this mission mean that this would have basically commited him to fight with the entirety of north lance, with the other Clan mechwarriors having to sit the fight out until he dies. The question is, is that a good idea? Uncommited Clanners could have dumb ideas like interfere with the HPG transmission... :v:

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Xarn posted:

I am going to walk one hex forward and shoot PPCs + Gauss at Battle Cobra B.

My understanding of the Zell rules for this mission mean that this would have basically commited him to fight with the entirety of north lance, with the other Clan mechwarriors having to sit the fight out until he dies. The question is, is that a good idea? Uncommited Clanners could have dumb ideas like interfere with the HPG transmission... :v:

The Clanners absolutely aren't going to sit around with the Green Knight out in the open: you would need to shoot each Clanner once to prevent them from attacking her, and that's the kind of thing that would get you killed, because you can't really afford to do anything other than focus fire.

Even then, once one of the Clanners *does* get the honor of fighting the Green Knight, the others *will* start hunting for targets, and they'll start looking in the few places that you guys could be hiding, as the Clanners aren't so stupid as to believe that only a few mechs came down on multiple dropships.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

thetruegentleman posted:

The Clanners absolutely aren't going to sit around with the Green Knight out in the open: you would need to shoot each Clanner once to prevent them from attacking her, and that's the kind of thing that would get you killed, because you can't really afford to do anything other than focus fire.
The Nightstar has already claimed the Green Knight as its Zell target.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Ardlen posted:

The Nightstar has already claimed the Green Knight as its Zell target.

Maybe not: none of those shots actually hit, and I seem to recall that actual contact is required to claim the target as one's own. Of course, it was already stalking it, so it was probably already bid on, but either way, the players will want to be the first ones getting off declarations by shot, so the Clanners don't get the chance to maximize the use of their own rules.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 27, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
There's no "maybe not" about it, it's marked on the sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The Wyvern IIC is a good target for half of Northern Lance while the other half guns at that Battle Cobra B. The Wyvern only has a +1 move mod unless it jumped.

• Locked thread