Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, it is. His stock rotates so you need to stop him every time and it might be there. I don't know how he works at his home base, I haven't found it yet.

Ah, I didn't realize his stock rotates. I also haven't found his home base. Think deep and then go deeper? Nice and vague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not sure it's a spoiler considering that it's literally there in the controls menu.

You can use that to remove 2Bs skirt. Although there's probably a specific use for it later.

Oh :downs: well at least I know what it does now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So did anybody beat this game yet? Or is it very long?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still downloading :smith:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

So did anybody beat this game yet? Or is it very long?

I beat it last night, in terms of getting all the "main" endings. I still have 4 sidequests to do and a lot of miscellany to clean up to the extent that I feel like it. I think I was fairly completionist overall though and I clocked in at about 35 hours. This was on normal difficulty.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I beat it last night, in terms of getting all the "main" endings. I still have 4 sidequests to do and a lot of miscellany to clean up to the extent that I feel like it. I think I was fairly completionist overall though and I clocked in at about 35 hours. This was on normal difficulty.

Thanks. I'm planning on selling my PS4 once May comes. But I want to beat Persona 5. However, I am literally in the middle of Odin Sphere, bu twill probably finish it in two weeks. I am wondering if I can beat Nier in a little less than a month.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Had a persistent hangup bug right at the end of Route A. Fixed it by just saving and reloading so 2B spawned from the save point thing rather than entering into a scene that was causing a lock up.

Specifically:
At the burning resistance camp as Anemone speaks to you after you clear it out

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh man i am so enthusiastic about the way b route starts

pretty sure they're spelling things at me with bullets now, but maybe in japanese? right around the time when 9S has his line about nothing the machines do meaning anything.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 26, 2017

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

No spoilers please, but how do the boss fights in this game fare compared to other Platinum games? Cause if there's one thing that Platinum is really good at doing in any of their games is making some really fun and cool boss fights.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For anyone considering PS4 vs PC there's some insane stuttering issue on my slim and I hope they fix it soon. I'm only in the City Ruins but it's extremely annoying.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

people are saying to restart your ps4 if you haven't already tried that

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Alder posted:

For anyone considering PS4 vs PC there's some insane stuttering issue on my slim and I hope they fix it soon. I'm only in the City Ruins but it's extremely annoying.

I had that plus texture flashing. Did your copy claim it finished downloading while playing? Are you sure it's fully installed in the first place? Restart everything once it is.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I saw several reports that the game was indicating it was fully downloaded but when the people checked their storage it had only downloaded 20gb (out of 40ish) so check that too. That plus the account juggling that would be required (for future dlc etc) has pushed me to wait for the NA release but I'm jonesin hard! Need me some sweet Platinum character action....

exser
Aug 18, 2003

So I'm on my third play through and I have a weird question. Does anyone else have any of the main android voices playing back hosed up when they are controlling them? It's been going on for a while now and it has to be part of the game, it's just really weird.

Asadasa
Feb 4, 2004

Brain Burnt

exser posted:

So I'm on my third play through and I have a weird question. Does anyone else have any of the main android voices playing back hosed up when they are controlling them? It's been going on for a while now and it has to be part of the game, it's just really weird.

I had that happen to me at the start of my third play through. In settings -> other (where you can toggle self destruct on or off) there's something like "voice modulation". Is that set to the middle?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I was hoping we'd get more clothes, I guess not. How do we regen 2B's skirt? I went and rested but I'm still wearing only a leotard. I feel dumb as Nines is pantless too

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Die. AND BECOME AS GODS

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The age of black spoiler text is now upon us :(

For me who is a platinum guy how about some non plot stuff, anyone playing the game on hard? what's that like? Any cool combos or combat tech?

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Asadasa posted:

I had that happen to me at the start of my third play through. In settings -> other (where you can toggle self destruct on or off) there's something like "voice modulation". Is that set to the middle?

gently caress, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

The age of black spoiler text is now upon us :(

For me who is a platinum guy how about some non plot stuff, anyone playing the game on hard? what's that like? Any cool combos or combat tech?

This is from the demo but it holds true in the full game as far as I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8A5wcOpQI

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

haha of course there was an invisible weapon out in the middle of the desert

exser
Aug 18, 2003

lets hang out posted:

haha of course there was an invisible weapon out in the middle of the desert

Can you post it's location? I think I've been over the entire desert and I don't remember picking up a weapon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sorry i have no idea where i stumbled across it and there's no mark or anything left behind :shrug:

it was the phoenix lance, i tried googling it but there's nothing but talk about it from the first game

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 27, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It being the phoenix spear makes this incredibly amusing. What a way to taunt Nier players/cheesers

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have to admit I went "Oh Yoko Taro you scamp :allears:" at the end of the demo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I started my second playthrough and seeing the recording of me going through and looking at all the settings was great. Kind of makes me wish I had bothered to play/watch an LP of the first Nier.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So without spoiling what they involve and all, how many endings we looking at that are 'real' endings and not just 'yea if you delete your OS chip congrats on ending the game dipshit'.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Beat route B tonight. So, so good. They actually included a preview, hah! It took everything in my power to turn my PS4 off because if I started it I wouldn't put it down and I have to go to work tomorrow.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So without spoiling what they involve and all, how many endings we looking at that are 'real' endings and not just 'yea if you delete your OS chip congrats on ending the game dipshit'.

From the vague things I've read, --five-- "main" endings and one joke ending are known about right now. I don't know how extensive any of the endings aside from A (and the joke one) are yet.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

exser posted:

Can you post it's location? I think I've been over the entire desert and I don't remember picking up a weapon.

http://imgur.com/O5ubchz It's in this area, you need the scanning program for pod. The location may not be exact, i ran off a bit when I found it before I remembered to take a picture.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My understanding is 5 "real" endings and 20+ "joke" endings (25 was the number I saw thrown about).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's one for every letter of the alphabet.
Unless Taro missed one to gently caress with people...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is where you want to go once you have the Scanner Pod for a specific desert treasure

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ABCs of death

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A) cool.

B) I hope, deeply and truly hope, he skipped one just to gently caress with everyone, and constantly teases that that letter may exist.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'd rather expect* there to be hidden endings Ü ,Æ and ß, and why not Ω for good measure, half of which unlock after 32 playthroughs, the others are timed to become available after 2018

*"expect" maybe being too strong a word here

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 27, 2017

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

This is where you want to go once you have the Scanner Pod for a specific desert treasure

Do you think the location is random? Or there a different desert treasure than the Phoenix spear

Edit: nvm, your map is rotated differently than mine

Reverence fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 27, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So when people were saying the full game is harder than the demo, most people said it was largely due to health items not being consumed automatically. I ran through the demo a few times on hard with automatic health consumption turned off and it still seems fine. So, is hard the right one for me? Or is the game more difficult from the demo in other ways too?

Or is it possible to just change difficulty at any time, so I can stop fretting and start on hard and change if necessary?

Also, if anyone interested in performance sees the Digital Foundry vid and thinks "Oh, a tech analysis should be safe from spoilers," it's kinda not. Depends on how much you want to avoid, but they detail a bunch of early game events and mechanics. Not huge stuff, but I'd have liked to have experienced it on my own and it has nothing to do with the technical performance so why is it even in there?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You can change difficulty at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's worth nothing that at a point, something happens in the first open world area and from that point on, the performance on a PS4 regular takes a pretty bad hit in general in that area and I'm pretty sure in saying that there's actually a memory leak in play there. You'll know what I mean when you see it. This game isn't a technical wonder like Uncharted 4 was. The DF video doesn't cover it.

But it plays like a god-drat dream and the PC version shouldn't have those problems, at least to this degree.