Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFuwS9M7jkQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Luanne used to be knowledgable about cars and trucks in the first few seasons to the point she probably could have been a mechanic and they completely drop that later in the show

Yeah. It sucks that she became so ditzy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I don't know. She was still dumb and hot but she developed other depths of character. She fought an Ali.

I guess they did meander a little on exploring her character.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Gaunab posted:

Manger Babies is what killed Luanne for me. Goddamn what a terrible episode.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

empty baggie posted:

Manger Babies is what killed Luanne for me.

For me it was toxic mold.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Who is it?
It's the manger babies.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Who is it?
It's the manger babies.

does anyone have a clip of this or know what episode it's from cause it doesn't seem like it's from the first manger baby ep

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's from the election episode where the manger babies try to convince Hank to vote communist

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't know. She was still dumb and hot but she developed other depths of character. She fought an Ali.

I think you mean a Foreman?
Novelty grill!?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh yeah. Sorry.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Luanne used to be knowledgable about cars and trucks in the first few seasons to the point she probably could have been a mechanic and they completely drop that later in the show

Such a shame about the voice actress. I don't think any other voice could fit Luanne so well. Not just the voice, but she really does an amazing job getting across the idea that she's dim.

The incredible sad irony of her having the makings of being a drat good mechanic, but because she's a ditzy blonde girl, she's dead set on hair stylist.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 24, 2017

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Howdy pardners, welcome to the Pan Handler, home of the worlds longest salad bar and second longest sneeze guard

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wicker Man posted:

Such a shame about the voice actress. I don't think any other voice could fit Luanne so well. Not just the voice, but she really does an amazing job getting across the idea that she's dim.

Well, voice acting is acting, after all. :shobon:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, voice acting is acting, after all. :shobon:

Poor Brittany Murphy :(

She was so good in 'Don't say a word' and Spun

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

still cant believe thats a real guy

A million years late on this but for some reason Chuck Mangione came to my high school and all I could think was "Wait, the guy from King of the Hill?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

A million years late on this but for some reason Chuck Mangione came to my high school and all I could think was "Wait, the guy from King of the Hill?"

It reminds me of Norm continually mentioning Frank Stallone.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it's from the election episode where the manger babies try to convince Hank to vote communist

Eyaaa! You're Communist! Eyaaa!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
BOBBY: Dad, you and your white people stole hundreds of thousands of acres from John Redcorn, and now you celebrate by frying a turkey? When does the killing end?
BILL: Hank, you're terrible.
HANK: I am not --
DALE: Just give him his land back, Hank.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I've said it before, and I'll say it again;

Words to live by....

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Another great detail is the moment when that guy goes to suit up as the class is starting. That's a dude doing an unpleasant job.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"uh... we're not jewish"
"really!?"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

After the Mega-Low Mart explosion, paramedics are seen assisting a bruised-up Chuck Mangione as he says,

"I don't feel so good."

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
This must be a side effect of the marijuana poisoning

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Blaise330 posted:

Khan is an anagram for Hank :stare:
Khan and Hank are complete opposites, which is pretty genius to put the two together down to the anagrammed first name.

Hank is a steadfast boring dependable guy who people like because he's so trustworthy. He has no enemies (minus THATHERTON), has no aspirations beyond being a propane salesman, and just wants his son to come out a decent kid.

Khan is a bipolar selfish and sorta-racist dude who isn't really liked by anyone he works with. He desires to be successful and wealthy, he's incredibly arrogant and while he does care about his family, he does care more about his daughter being successful than coming out right (hence why he called her Khan Jr).

They both work off each other really well as opposites, that's the best thing of the show. Everyone works off each other like people do. Hank and Peggy work well cuz he's a straight-headed mundane guy that cares about doing the job right whilst she's a lofty ambitious woman that cares about being good whilst people see her being good. Bobby is a strange open-minded boy that Hank worries about being vulnerable, and while the two have very few things in common, the things they do have they cherish.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

Khan is a bipolar selfish and sorta-racist dude who isn't really liked by anyone he works with. He desires to be successful and wealthy, he's incredibly arrogant and while he does care about his family, he does care more about his daughter being successful than coming out right (hence why he called her Khan Jr).

Well, at least 'Connie' is a fairly normal name. I get that it's effectively Khan Jr, though.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I'm pretty sure Connie and her mom both use that name for her because they both realise Khan Jr. is a super weird name for a girl. Ming is pretty awesome and I really love any episode where her and Peggy either team up or butt heads because they have a strangely fun relationship as rivalling housewives of some sort.

My personal fave moment of Peggy was when she got arrested in Mexico and accused of being a drug mule, so she demands to represent herself in court believing that FINALLY her teaching Spanish will come through and save her.

It does, just...not in the way she imagines since the court realises that her Spanish is so atrociously bad that there's no possible way she could have known anything about drugs, so they let her off. The weirdest life-saving hubris.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

FinalGamer posted:

I'm pretty sure Connie and her mom both use that name for her because they both realise Khan Jr. is a super weird name for a girl. Ming is pretty awesome and I really love any episode where her and Peggy either team up or butt heads because they have a strangely fun relationship as rivalling housewives of some sort.

Their rivalry about getting a blood donation coffee mug was hilarious. The ends Peggy went to just to win...

quote:

My personal fave moment of Peggy was when she got arrested in Mexico and accused of being a drug mule, so she demands to represent herself in court believing that FINALLY her teaching Spanish will come through and save her.

It does, just...not in the way she imagines since the court realises that her Spanish is so atrociously bad that there's no possible way she could have known anything about drugs, so they let her off. The weirdest life-saving hubris.

It's little things like that with Peggy, like assuming French-speaking locals in Louisiana can understand her Spanish because it's basically the same language, to her.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

I like it when it works the other way, too - in the Season 4 finale Peggy is on a trip to a country music festival and is *sure* that Randy Travis stole the song that she wrote and sent to him. Throughout the episode you hear snippets of it and between that and the title, "Just How God Made Me" or something kitschy like that, you think it's Peggy overreacting to common themes and ideas in music, and that's how everyone around her treats it.

Then halfway through the episode you hear the opening of the song and it's about winning a Boggle tournament.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

FinalGamer posted:

He has no enemies (minus THATHERTON),

Thatherton! :argh:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Archaic posted:

Thatherton! :argh:

I really used to love when Adult Swim would run little fake commercial bumpers around KoTH episodes for the businesses in the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjYmi3tVCM

We're Arlen's other Newspaper

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

I really used to love when Adult Swim would run little fake commercial bumpers around KoTH episodes for the businesses in the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjYmi3tVCM

We're Arlen's other Newspaper

This is something I really miss when I'm just watching the episodes on a stream or Netflix or whatever nowadays.

Take me to the waffle hut.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/kingsilenthill/status/835308333238210560

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

I think the defense attorney has the idea.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It's not even about drugs at all, she loving kidnaps a kid, like do you even loving KotH bro

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

It's not even about drugs at all, she loving kidnaps a kid, like do you even loving KotH bro

Oh yeah. I looked right past that. She herds Lupe on the bus on a field trip.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i dont speak no languages

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
yeah you're conflating two episodes

she was a drug mule in the episode where they rented a mitad house with Khan and she smuggled the drugs back in her paper mache pear

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

...and the pitch! posted:

I think the defense attorney has the idea.

It's Hank's idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah you're conflating two episodes

she was a drug mule in the episode where they rented a mitad house with Khan and she smuggled the drugs back in her paper mache pear

i don't know why you have to make stuff up when the episode where she smuggled drugs inside boggle timers exists and is fantastic