Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even the BBC's site was completely covered with it all day, and not just after the fuckup happened. I can't believe even in this day and age it would get so much attention.
did you hear there was some confusion at the oscars????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

*flashing alarm with the words "poo poo NOBODY CARES ABOUT ALERT" flashes in bbc hq*

"we knew this day would come"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lord Hydronium posted:

There were always the stories, of course. The orange Demon King of Madness himself, capering in his white palace as his diminutive hands play out a delirious staccato to which the monsters dance. The frog worshippers who bow before him in their red caps, gibbering in unholy tongues. The Spice Merchant, trading in secrets and lies. That old trickster Bright Bart, spreading sickness and insanity across the land. Why were the elders so afraid to sleep within sight of the village walls? We never quite understood.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wheres the democrat thread

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I just woke up and the New York Times is on my phone telling me there was some kind of awards ceremony last night. :confused:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i can't loving believe trump is president what the FUCKKK

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm watching his speech at the governor's ball and i think it's finally sunk in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
ages ago before trump had won i think someone itt linked an Atlantic(?) article from 1999 about how the economist is a poo poo rag. Anyone know what i'm talking about and can link me?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Wikkheiser posted:

i can't loving believe trump is president what the FUCKKK

i wonder if you explained what the world was like right now to someone in 2014 they'd believe you

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i gazed up at that chubby, jowly face. two vodka-scented tears trickled down the sides of my nose. but it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Hey are we doing good or just fighting each other like Democrats?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nevermind i found it the key word i was missing was magazine

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...post-1991/7415/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the james fallows piece on the economist is good but his jabs at the youth of the economist's anonymous staff is eh. because the atlantic defers to his wisdom, age and experience how? pay him to gas up and fly his personal aircraft around the country with the excuse that he's doing reporting on the real america?

why yes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sux own

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think pence is kinda reagan-like. a bit of a dunce but he's really good at clenching his lips in that reagan-like way, and mix in a bit of folksy charm with the whole package. vision and courage.

*clenches lips firmly*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

added to OP, thx

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Wikkheiser posted:

the james fallows piece on the economist is good but his jabs at the youth of the economist's anonymous staff is eh. because the atlantic defers to his wisdom, age and experience how? pay him to gas up and fly his personal aircraft around the country with the excuse that he's doing reporting on the real america?

why yes

the economist employs childish and immature 30-somethings, not wise and experienced 40 somethings like the atlantic.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JuliaCarmel__/status/835679442387206144

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The economist blows, and I haven't read it but I'm sure The Atlantic blows too.

welp, that's my take

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jBrereton posted:

welp, that's my take

hot

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

this is evil goatee musk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jBrereton posted:

welp, that's my take

i remembered reading it but my boss gets the economist delivered to work and i found that article about ti funny even if it has problems

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

“The forces arrayed against us are many and incredibly powerful. This is David vs Goliath if David were six inches tall!” - A Billionaire

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Wikkheiser posted:

why yes

wild-eyed frothing-at-the-mouth genocidal hatred for everyone younger than you is just an innate thing with boomers, dont blame him

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wikkheiser posted:

i think pence is kinda reagan-like. a bit of a dunce but he's really good at clenching his lips in that reagan-like way, and mix in a bit of folksy charm with the whole package. vision and courage.

*clenches lips firmly*

Pence is the puppet's pliability of Reagan with the appeal and story arc of H.W.

He'll have one term right after the Prez he's vice for ruins America with his Alzheimer's, and then he'll be defeated by some podunk neoliberal who actually works for the CIA deep state

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

god drat.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I love it when the mask slips from the faces of these ghouls.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
jesus loving christ, bannon is literally a walking corpse

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Jose posted:

lol at trump not only eating steak well done but using ketchup

a childe's palate

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

love to care about how people eat steak 😄 all life is suffering 😄😄

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
Cmon you old bitch, make the tweet about the oscars gaffe

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
FAILING HOLLYWOOD

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Leviathan posted:

Cmon you old bitch, make the tweet about the oscars gaffe

What was this gaffe, anyway? I don't think I've watched an Oscars show since David Letterman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoupYrbgtI

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

What was this gaffe, anyway? I don't think I've watched an Oscars show since David Letterman.

The stage guy gave Warren Beatty the wrong card, so he said the white success movie won instead of the white guilt movie.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Although tbf Moonlight isn't as much of a white guilt movie as other Movies Of Color that generally win a bunch of awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I guess Beatty needed... The Help!

• Locked thread